Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm not worried about overall AFC vs. NFC SB records it's the boring Super Bowls where one team is clearly the best in football and the other team we're not sure would beat the rival conference championship game loser.

Aside from this year 2013, 12, 11, 10, 09, 08 SBs have been exciting.

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
Instead of the probowl have the two worst teams face each other to see which is the stinkiest turd.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then there's also no value in the current system? I don't get it.

Yes there is....you'd be essentially trading one system for another with similar results....

Look at last year....the two best teams played each other and it was still a blow out.

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
Yes there is....you'd be essentially trading one system for another with similar results....

Look at last year....the two best teams played each other and it was still a blow out.

Denver was not better than SF - at least one media outlet agrees with me: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings

It's not scientific, but unless we have an un-conferenced playoff system we'll never know.

dabearsjjk

Liked Posts:
9cd4aff33ab09fb4b6bd0cd279d61a3fdacd2732fa533e0ec0b3fd1dc35f47f2.jpg

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Denver was not better than SF - at least one media outlet agrees with me: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings

It's not scientific, but unless we have an un-conferenced playoff system we'll never know.

It was the number 1 offense vs number 1 defense....it could be debated. But the point I am trying to make is that uncoupling the conferences won't always get number 1 vs number 2.....and you defeated your own argument as Seattle and SF are in the same division.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What if at the end of the year they pick the top 12 teams like they do now - top finishers in each division + top 2 finishers after division winners in both conferences. But instead of having only NFC teams facing each other, and only AFC teams facing each other, they shuffle all 12 teams and have the best team face the worst team, next best team face the next worse team, etc. You could still pick the top four teams to have a first round bye.

Then the Super Bowl becomes the best two teams facing each other. The week before the Super Bowl you could have the Championship Game losers face each other for third place. That would be more interesting to watch than any Pro Bowl.

I kind of like that idea.

malcore

It's interesting, but if the NFL changes, the main thing will be to have more playoff games. I also think the players wouldn't like the idea of playing a game for third place and risking injury that late in the year. But who knows?