needs and hopes

bearfan06

Liked Posts:
bears should try hard to resign Britton (as the swing OT) played well last season

Mannelly would be nice to see another year

Draft:

hope we get one of these players at 14: Aaron Donald, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Justin Gilbert

if Donald is available: i'd take Donald (you start up front and i think would be an amazing addition to our DL)
if Donald is gone i'd take Gilbert (what if Tillman or Jennings get hurt, in my opinion is safty not as important as CB especially in the NFC North, + Tillmans heir)

thoughts?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Kinda sounds like many other posts here

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1) Have a feeling Donald will be gone.
2) Think Gilbert goes off the board to Detroit, but a great pick if he's there.
3) Dix is ours, if we want him, hate taking a safety that high, Dennard, Ealy, or Mosley all would be better choices, IMHO.

winterwarz

I have a feeling that Emery and the rest of the Bears' FO don't value Donald as highly as the majority of this message board.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling that Emery and the rest of the Bears' FO doesn't value Donald as highly as the majority of this message board.

I have a feeling many of the posters that want donald have never seen him play...

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Obviously DT and S/CB are highest priority. I just hope they don't sleep on OT. True, the O-line was a huge improvement but not as solid as could be and need depth. Hopefully they'll find a gem in the mid-late rounds. Never take your eyes off the O-line. Just as on Defense it all starts up front.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I could see the Rams taking Clinton-Dix at 13. Gilbert to Detroit is one of the biggest guarantees of the draft Imo. I'm also concerned that the Giants will take Aaron Donald with the 12 pick.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I have a feeling that Emery and the rest of the Bears' FO don't value Donald as highly as the majority of this message board.

I feel this way also. Hageman is more of an Emry pick than Donald IMO.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
it'll be none of the above....most likely a second rounder that will make us scratch our heads....like Kyle Fuller or something

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
1) Have a feeling Donald will be gone.
2) Think Gilbert goes off the board to Detroit, but a great pick if he's there.
3) Dix is ours, if we want him, hate taking a safety that high, Dennard, Ealy, or Mosley all would be better choices, IMHO.

Dix might go to St. Louis at 13. They have huge need at safety.

The Burning Bear

Liked Posts:
I have a feeling many of the posters that want donald have never seen him play...

That's probably true. To be fair though, that can probably be said of just about every prospect in the draft. Lots of people just hop on the bandwagon of whatever player others want.

RM22

Liked Posts:
The last thing I want to see is draft Dix that early, maybe if we trade down and get more picks if Gilbert and a star DT are off the board.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I want the best player at 14. Any way you look at the probabilities, a real good player will be there.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
I could see the Rams taking Clinton-Dix at 13. Gilbert to Detroit is one of the biggest guarantees of the draft Imo. I'm also concerned that the Giants will take Aaron Donald with the 12 pick.

I was also thinking this exact scenario could happen. But at the same time, that means someone else should drop, and if it's not someone the Bears want, it might entice someone else to trade pciks with us to nab whoever it is.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
would hope Emery takes the best player O or Defense, but think he will take best at need

probably Jernigan/Hageman or Dix,Prior or a corner.