Kevin Love or no Love?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thanks for posting that video. I can see that guy easily step into the NBA. Perhaps the Bulls will bring Toni K. back as an assistant or something especially if they draft Saric or maybe Huzienga(sp?) in also?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose's "camp" has been lobbying for a couple of years now for them to bring in another star to play with Rose. I wonder if they'd be willing to chip in in order to bring in both Mirotic and Stephenson? Lebron, Wade, and Bosh did in order to win championships. Will Rose? The same thing applies to any free agent or trade that they would make also.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Rose's "camp" has been lobbying for a couple of years now for them to bring in another star to play with Rose. I wonder if they'd be willing to chip in in order to bring in both Mirotic and Stephenson? Lebron, Wade, and Bosh did in order to win championships. Will Rose? The same thing applies to any free agent or trade that they would make also.

I have to say I've wondered about this. I'm definitely not up on the NBA cap as much as I am on the NFL cap. I hate the NBA salary cap actually, so many stupid rules limiting teams. To me, it's disgusting what's happened with DRose's salary.

The Bull have basically paid Rose almost $40 mil to not play for two seasons. All while he's gettin $100+ Mil from Addidas! Could you imagine what it would do for DRose's rep to give up some money in order to bring in Melo???

As much as I support DRose, put your mouth where the money is! The problem, I don't think the CBA allows this. Go figure, the NBA CBA has basically strapped the Bulls for 3 years. This doesn't seem fair to me. One salary should NOT be allowed to strap a team for years.

The Bulls don't even know if Rose will ever make it back. If Rose gets injured AGAIN, look for an injury settlement or something. The Bulls have an awesome team and shouldn't be strapped over Rose's salary, imo. Especially after the new CBA fucked the Bulls over with the new DRose rule!!!

So, I ask any of the NBA cap guru's, is Rose redoing his contract to free up money to bring in Melo against the rules of the new CBA?

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Thanks for posting that video. I can see that guy easily step into the NBA. Perhaps the Bulls will bring Toni K. back as an assistant or something especially if they draft Saric or maybe Huzienga(sp?) in also?

Yeah, interesting. Here's an interesting article interviewing Tony about Mirotic:

----------------------------

Toni Kukoc a Bulls model for Nikola Mirotic

European star will walk in forward's footsteps if he joins club, minus title pressure

March 28, 2014|By K.C. Johnson, Chicago Tribune reporter

• [*=center]
Joakim Noah (right) and former Bulls forward Toni Kukoc prior to a game against the 76ers at the United Center. (Dennis Wierzbicki / USA Today Sports)

Toni Kukoc doesn't know when or if Nikola Mirotic will leave Real Madrid to join the Bulls. What Kukoc does know, as well as anyone, is what Mirotic will experience if he opts for the NBA.
"Thank God Scottie and Michael are not here to torture him," Kukoc said with a laugh during a phone conversation.
Read More .....

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
So, I ask any of the NBA cap guru's, is Rose redoing his contract to free up money to bring in Melo against the rules of the new CBA?

yup

you cant restructure

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
You don't let role players like Taj Gibson and huge question marks like Nikola prevent you from acquiring a star. Love makes the Bulls championship contenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe this for a second.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Kevin Love:

GPMIN/GPPGREB/GAST/GFG %

Nikola Mirotic:

GPMIN/GPPGREB/GAST/GFG %

Hmmmmmm... :dunno:

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Theyre about even at PER, but it would have been interesting to see Love's fit with the Bulls.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I think the Bulls have the most depth in the league at the forward and center positions. The guard play is what makes or breaks us in the playoffs. Rose and Brooks are rock solid at pg if they stay healthy. There is a major falloff after Jimmy at SG though, and that is the only weakness I see with this team. The Bulls aren't strong defensively as past teams, but the extra offense from Pau has compensated.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I read this thing the other day......can't remember where, but Kevin Love has been Kevin Love. Offensively good, defensively shit.

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm perfectly fine with how things panned out, I'll look forward to seeing him sign with a western conference team like the Lakers and see him suffer for the rest of his career.
We truly did luck out with the signings we made and the things we did.
Given the scenarios, we could've had deng for 3 years 30 million and wouldn't be been able to sign pau or mirotic.