Kevin Love or no Love?

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I realize we all crave another superstar on the Bulls roster, but I don't get the Kevin Love Love. Let me first say, I like Love, I think he's a great player, and I think he'd be great on the Bulls, and it'd be cool with his relationship with DRose.

However, I just don't see it as good Business sense. The value is just not there compared to the option. First, we're stacked at PF! We have Booz, Taj playing great, and we still have the rights for Mirotic. OK, Boozer most likely could be amnestied this off season, but we still most likely will bring in Mirotic next season.

This is where I have the problem. Mirotic's game is very similar to Love's game. The question becomes "is Mirotic going to be close to what Love's game is? The reward is paying 1/3 of the salary.

The Business sense in me says that Taj + Mirotic > Kevin Love, and we still might come out ahead salary wise! OK, so you're still doubting what's going on? Let's watch some recent video! Keep in mind that Love is a few years older, and about 30 lbs more at this point, but I think the Bulls would bulk Mirotic up pretty quick.

Oh, and one more thing, before someone goes off with the "Love is a proven NBA guy, and Mirotic is an unproven Euro guy" thing, remember that Mirotic is the most decorated player yet, award wise, coming over from Europe. He's got multiple MVP's as well as multiple championships.

Anyhow, watch these tubes and see for yourself. And if you don't agree, Fuck You, make your own thread! =)

Kevin Love

[video=youtube;VEnSiBWvRmU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEnSiBWvRmU[/video]

You have included a total of 2 videos in your message. The maximum number that you may include is 1. Please correct the problem and then continue again.

blah, blah, blah

The use of videos is subject to them being enabled by the administrator.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i'll take Kevin Love

i think Nikola will be good but im thinking more like Ryan Anderson than Kevin Love....Nikola+Taj would make a nice duo but i question if that will be enough

going forward Rose+Love who are only 25 and both are stars i feel more comfortable

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Nikola Mirotic

[video=youtube;JjaHc9Vp9wU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjaHc9Vp9wU[/video]

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I don't see much difference. :shrug:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Love is better than Mirotic, but I'd rather have Mirotic, save the difference in pay and sign more components to this roster to both pad depth and give options, as well as give us flexibility if someone gets injured.

Some people like Lance Stephenson. Well, imagine Lance AND Mirotic. Because I doubt you can have both Love and Lance without trading Noah/Butler/Taj.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Who said I based my 'whole' argument around youtube highlights? I provided some evidence of the subject matter, and supported my argument. What do you have?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nikola Mirotic

[video=youtube;JjaHc9Vp9wU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjaHc9Vp9wU[/video]

that boy turn up the court and run don't he?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
we dont even know how much Nikola will cost to bring over yet

yall are assuming he takes 5 million but his buyout i believe is 3m while his contract is 4m....so to cover his buyout and current contract we're talking 7 million....thats allot for a guy that never played 1 game in the NBA

his team is also going to offer him a big extension so that could drive his price up even more

there was a rumor that he was looking for 3-4 million...but i think that would be after the buyout is covered

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Who said I based my 'whole' argument around youtube highlights? I provided some evidence of the subject matter, and supported my argument. What do you have?

"I don't see much difference"

im assuming you based that on youtube highlights

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
we dont even know how much Nikola will cost to bring over yet

yall are assuming he takes 5 million but his buyout i believe is 3m while his contract is 4m....so to cover his buyout and current contract we're talking 7 million....thats allot for a guy that never played 1 game in the NBA

his team is also going to offer him a big extension so that could drive his price up even more

there was a rumor that he was looking for 3-4 million...but i think that be after the buyout is covered

:shrug:

I'm not assuming 5 million. Never said such a thing. So please remove me from the yall in your statement.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
:shrug:

I'm not assuming 5 million. Never said such a thing. So please remove me from the yall in your statement.

my real point was while yes he is allot cheaper than love we would still have to pay quite allot to get him over....i think he'll live up to it but you never know....even the surest players dont always work out

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The Bulls are very high on Mirotic...but Kevin Love is doing it in the league right now! Mirotic might be a beast in the NBA...Love IS a beast.

That said, I think the Bulls go get a very nice perimeter player and Mirotic. That is what I expect. I don't think Melo or Love comes to Chicago.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
The Bulls are very high on Mirotic...but Kevin Love is doing it in the league right now! Mirotic might be a beast in the NBA...Love IS a beast.

That said, I think the Bulls go get a very nice perimeter player and Mirotic. That is what I expect. I don't think Melo or Love comes to Chicago.

yeah thats most likely the outcome

although hearing gar speak earlier this season in pregame after luol was traded he didnt sound confident in Nikola coming over next season....maybe he was sounding like that to temper expectations incase it doesnt happen

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Lance?

Obviously I'd take Love over Mirotic, but since Love will be a Laker it's a moot point.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
I could agree that Taj+Mirotic > Love. I love how Love plays, but Taj is a guy who can defend anyone, slide to the 5 in a smaller lineup, and has improved year after year. I really like Mirotic's game and I don't doubt that he will have similar stats in Chicago. I see Rose, Noah, and Mirotic causing nightmares for defenses, especially if Noah can fine-tune his offensive game some more.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
You don't let role players like Taj Gibson and huge question marks like Nikola prevent you from acquiring a star. Love makes the Bulls championship contenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

That is pretty much the point of the thread. As much as I like Love as well, it's makes more sense to me to add Mirotic with Taj, and sign a Ariza or someone if they can't land a Melo. Then hopefully add a nice rookie at SF if we can't get Melo. Grant, Dunleavy, and Ariza wouldn't be bad at SF, with Taj and Mirotic at the PF.

This all makes more sense to me than adding Love, but giving up Taj, Mirotic, and probably our draft picks.

And to ya'll commenting on youtube, I grabbed the 1st two videos I found on each player that was a highlight reel. I did this to add a visual to the point I was making. I did this all while giving Love his props. :flipa:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
If you have the choice, you should go with Love. Mirotic looks really good, but chances are slim he ever gets on the same level as a Kevin Love.