White Sox Team Discussion Thread

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh, stop.

You're honestly mad at Hahn for the team having back-to-back losing seasons in a rebuild? You know what a rebuild is, right? Let me guess you were more happy when the Sox finished 2nd, or 3rd with a veteran based team? Because of Hahn we have Avisail, Abreu (for cheap), and Eaton. He locked up Sale, and Quintana for bargain, longish contracts. Our farm system is slowly becoming respectable again. He got prospects/cash for De Aza, Beckham, and Dunn all whom weren't coming back next year.

Yeah, I am mad at Hahn for the crap he has done with the pitching staff. I like some of what he has done but to put that assembly of bad pitchers out there is nonsense. Also, I am mad that he left DeAza, Beckham, and Dunn on this team for way too long. If you want to re-build which I do agree with, then get rid of the high priced slugs that you have. IF you want to go with youth then do it. I'd have rather watch a bunch of talented youngsters struggle than look at supposed veterans take up space on the field.

Sure his bullpen plan failed, and we whiffed on Paulino. But what about Hector Noesi?

Nobody likes losing, but its a rebuild and that's what happens. We're all upset that the team hasn't had playoff appearance since 2008, or that we've had a losing season 3 of the past 4 seasons. But, believe me, we're on the right track.

What do you honestly want Hahn to do? Spend $100M and be fucked in 3-4 years?

I said before the season started that they needed to trade for pitching. IF I saw it, then people who know more than I do about pitching knew it to. Why did they sit on their hands and put these stiffs back on the bump game after game. I really haven't seen a White Sox staff so lousy control wise. YOu can have all of the smoke throwers in the world but if they can't put the ball where they want it, they will get hammered by major league hitters. How can you not be pissed? We have two fucking good pitchers. That is it.

Now then, I do not know whose fault it rests on. Maybe it is not Hahn who needs to be fired. Maybe it is Williams alone but whoever was/is responsible needs to go.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You knew that they would be bad? You posted that somewhere here?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
well people might not be "rude" if ignorant comments about firing hahn dont happen.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

Who in the fuck are you to call anyone "ignorant"? Boards like this one are for people to discuss points of view not to try and shut them up. I'd stack my baseball experience regarding baseball as pretty damn good in that I played it and coached it for a long time. I also believe in accountability and I do believe that White Sox management is way too much based on a good old boys network rather than paying for performance. Why did they hire Ventura in the first place? What experience did he ever have to manage at the big league level? Bell was there and he is a very sound baseball man. There were other guys available.

Maybe they shouldn't fire Hahn. I just happen to think that totally ignoring a terrible staff should result in someone being canned. How many damn wins did they blow because of awful relievers? Why? They couldn't afford someone who could control a fastball and have an out pitch? What I say, is that this team could have finished .500 if they had added even two decent relief pitchers.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You knew that they would be bad? You posted that somewhere here?

I believe that I did. But then again, I am relatively new to CCS. But I do remember talking about the pen is spring training and calling for them to trade for some relievers. I also recommended that they make Nate Jones a starting pitcher before he got injured. It was obvious that even in spring training that the guys that they had available were not to be depended on at the major league level. Relievers have to be able to throw strikes and not get behind in the count. They also have to have a go-to pitch that they can 90% rely upon. There may be one guy, Petrika(sp?) that has promise. Maybe one other. And this doesn't exclude the starters either. Danks was a huge mistake in that stupid ass contract that they gave him. These other guys are pedestrian.

I think that this team with one addition to their starting line-up can be pretty impressive. But they have a big time problem with their pitching staff that is not going to be solved easily. They need to spend some money and bring at least four good pitchers in from somewhere.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I said before the season started that they needed to trade for pitching. IF I saw it, then people who know more than I do about pitching knew it to. Why did they sit on their hands and put these stiffs back on the bump game after game. I really haven't seen a White Sox staff so lousy control wise. YOu can have all of the smoke throwers in the world but if they can't put the ball where they want it, they will get hammered by major league hitters. How can you not be pissed? We have two fucking good pitchers. That is it.

Now then, I do not know whose fault it rests on. Maybe it is not Hahn who needs to be fired. Maybe it is Williams alone but whoever was/is responsible needs to go.

You're not wrong completely wrong here, pal. Believe me. But you have to remember that other than Peavy, the Sox never had a huge trading chip. Even before their value tanked, De Aza, Viciedo, Dunn, Beckham, or even Alexei were not going to get back good pitching.

Last edited:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I believe that I did. But then again, I am relatively new to CCS. But I do remember talking about the pen is spring training and calling for them to trade for some relievers. I also recommended that they make Nate Jones a starting pitcher before he got injured. It was obvious that even in spring training that the guys that they had available were not to be depended on at the major league level. Relievers have to be able to throw strikes and not get behind in the count. They also have to have a go-to pitch that they can 90% rely upon. There may be one guy, Petrika(sp?) that has promise. Maybe one other. And this doesn't exclude the starters either. Danks was a huge mistake in that stupid ass contract that they gave him. These other guys are pedestrian.

I think that this team with one addition to their starting line-up can be pretty impressive. But they have a big time problem with their pitching staff that is not going to be solved easily. They need to spend some money and bring at least four good pitchers in from somewhere.

I did a quick search. All I could find was your Nate Jones love as a SP. No comments about relievers or starters at all. And really only one comment about Flowers being awful and predicting that Nieto would be the starter in May.

Spring Training for pitchers is about arm strength. Not about pin point control.

Sorry, Hahn did what he could with what he had. He had no clue on the slew of injuries that would occur

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I did a quick search. All I could find was your Nate Jones love as a SP. No comments about relievers or starters at all. And really only one comment about Flowers being awful and predicting that Nieto would be the starter in May.

Spring Training for pitchers is about arm strength. Not about pin point control.

Sorry, Hahn did what he could with what he had. He had no clue on the slew of injuries that would occur

Okay, then I didn't bring it up here. I did bring it up on another site that I was on before I came here. Trust me, I admit to mistakes made when I make them but I also do not try and bullshit people. As for spring training being about arm strength, that is not solely what it is about. Past performance is also a big time parameter and in relief pitchers especially location and an out pitch are huge. None of these guys had that kind of track record and that is on the GM and scouting department. They went north with a very sorry assortment of guys who never should have been thought of as having a chance at succeeding. And, that includes Nate Jones who will never be a good closer and he has as good a stuff as maybe the top 10 % of the pitchers in baseball.

Someone talked about the fact that we got prospects for De Aza, Beckham, and Dunn. So what? I say that they would have gotten more for these guys a long time earlier. Same way with Danks. Another bad decision.

Its not all negative. I agree with that. I love what they are doing with establishing great relations with South American and other Hispanic and Islander sources. But they are going to have to greatly improve their scouting for pitchers both in this country and elsewhere. I do not know what happened but when you look at the rosters of their minor league teams, there is a huge dearth of talent. That is not going to be easy to improve. They need to spend some significant money.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i think we may see some spending this offseason. everyone knows having:abreu,sale,quintana,eaton,and garcia is a waste of talent if the sox dont build around that core. vmart at dh would be nice, hell..go get nelson cruz and james shields too than we can talk contender. ahhh the pipe dreams.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
10690175_868712969814531_6347030477394653223_n.jpg

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
cooper thinks that danks could be the next buehrle being able to pitch at low velocity. i say trade him

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
cooper thinks that danks could be the next buehrle being able to pitch at low velocity. i say trade him

They need to trade him. Mark B. can locate his pitches. Danks never could. He hangs way to many pitches.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Coop is huffing too much offseason glue.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i hate this team. not one rumor out there. wasting talent of sale,abreu,gillaspie,garcia and eaton.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
i hate this team. not one rumor out there. wasting talent of sale,abreu,gillaspie,garcia and eaton.

I heard about the rumor of Panda coming using him, Conor, and Jose to play between 3b/1b/dh

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets

Dude..we've talked about this last off-season. Hahn is more tight lipped than KW. You're never going to hear any rumours.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude..we've talked about this last off-season. Hahn is more tight lipped than KW. You're never going to hear any rumours.

kw was very tight lipped as well. all his rumors were misdirection