White Sox Team Discussion Thread

Svic

Liked Posts:
Viciedo... meh. 20 dingers ain't worth spit if you can't do anything else to help the team. They should just trade him and move on, like they did with de Aza.

De aza was old while viciedo is still 25

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
De Aza provides value by being able to play CF, provide decent contact ahd OBP, and a little speed. Other than being able to hit over twenty HR's on a team that plays in a band box, Viciedo doesn't provide anything your average AAA player couldn't replicate.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
De Aza provides value by being able to play CF, provide decent contact ahd OBP, and a little speed. Other than being able to hit over twenty HR's on a team that plays in a band box, Viciedo doesn't provide anything your average AAA player couldn't replicate.

Our only issue is we have no average minor league outfielders :(

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
They only have 46 million committed to salary next year. Also, considering how Courtney Hawkins improved this year and that Tim Anderson might have to become an OF (he made a lot of errors at SS) it's not as dire as you think.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
They only have 46 million committed to salary next year. Also, considering how Courtney Hawkins improved this year and that Tim Anderson might have to become an OF (he made a lot of errors at SS) it's not as dire as you think.

34 errors is bad? :lol: j/k

I don't see Anderson being a 20 tater guy. Hawkins needs to cut his k's down a lot more, but he is only 20. I think he's 2016 at the earliest. Anderson maybe 2016.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I the only one not happy with their inability to take more BB's?

Year after year, it's the same shit.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I love OBP. It is the only stat that secures run probability. I want a high OBP team.

I want to hold onto guys who are 25 and can hit 20+ HRs at the major league level. Viciedo is that guy. Give the guy another year under Steverson and company.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
noesi one of a few named as top waiver claim per mlbtr. sierra was also on the list but noesi got a ton of praise. solid 5th starter

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Big props to what Coop did to Noesi, still has a way to go though.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Time for a major housecleaning.

Fire Williams and fire Hahn. Fire Ventura and keep only Cooper and Steverson. Make Buddy Bell the General Manager. Have him hire the Manager. I want someone with some fire in his gut.

Shit can half of the existing pitching staff. I hope I never see them again. How this team ever EVER kept the sorry SOBS who made up the relief "corps" of this team should not only be fired, but have their nuts megged.

Somehow, Reiny should demand something better than he has gotten from anyone on his GMS and coaching staff. It is like leisure world out there. Hell, most of this team is comprised by Hispanics, hire the biggest baddest Che Guevara type there is, then. Strap bandeleros on them and have em carry machetes if that is what it takes. Hell, Minnie Minoso would be better than Ventura and he's like 100 years old and has more fire in his gut.

To me, there is no excuse why this team did as poorly as they did, except bad management and personnel decisions. Yeah Hahn has made a few good moves, but this team that went north was pathetic pitching wise. The worst pitching staff in my memory for a team whose history had good pitchers on it. Hahn has to go.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
im glad he said it early in his post so I didnt have to read the rest.

I have to laugh when people put down others who happen to have a different opinion than their own. Tell me something. This board has maybe 5 or 6 people who participate fairly actively. Wonder why that is? Maybe it is because of people who are fucking rude. If the shoe fits, wear it.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Too bad. You'll never learn anything by ignorance of the truth.

Oh, stop.

You're honestly mad at Hahn for the team having back-to-back losing seasons in a rebuild? You know what a rebuild is, right? Let me guess you were more happy when the Sox finished 2nd, or 3rd with a veteran based team? Because of Hahn we have Avisail, Abreu (for cheap), and Eaton. He locked up Sale, and Quintana for bargain, longish contracts. Our farm system is slowly becoming respectable again. He got prospects/cash for De Aza, Beckham, and Dunn all whom weren't coming back next year.

Sure his bullpen plan failed, and we whiffed on Paulino. But what about Hector Noesi?

Nobody likes losing, but its a rebuild and that's what happens. We're all upset that the team hasn't had playoff appearance since 2008, or that we've had a losing season 3 of the past 4 seasons. But, believe me, we're on the right track.

What do you honestly want Hahn to do? Spend $100M and be fucked in 3-4 years?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have to laugh when people put down others who happen to have a different opinion than their own. Tell me something. This board has maybe 5 or 6 people who participate fairly actively. Wonder why that is? Maybe it is because of people who are fucking rude. If the shoe fits, wear it.

well people might not be "rude" if ignorant comments about firing hahn dont happen.