Pirates at Cubs IST

How many do the Cubs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea that's on me. For some reason, I thought you were talking about vizcaino. My bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
[video=youtube;quKraecWnTs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quKraecWnTs[/video]

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
1-4 in 1-run games.. #Cubes

5 out of 9 games were 1 run games. For a team many expected to lose 100 games that's at least some what promising. It'd be better if they actually ya know.... won them but at least they've been watchable.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
5 out of 9 games were 1 run games. For a team many expected to lose 100 games that's at least some what promising. It'd be better if they actually ya know.... won them but at least they've been watchable.

This team just looks much better than last years team. The record hasn't born it out yet but we've also played 2/3 of our games against a 94 win team from a year ago and have pretty damn close to winning both series. I know, being close doesn't count but progress is being made. Oh and Rizzo, Castro, and to a smaller degree Lake have looked much improved over last year.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
This team just looks much better than last years team. The record hasn't born it out yet but we've also played 2/3 of our games against a 94 win team from a year ago and have pretty damn close to winning both series. I know, being close doesn't count but progress is being made. Oh and Rizzo, Castro, and to a smaller degree Lake have looked much improved over last year.

Now they go on road and play a 97 win team from last year. Woo hoo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
So do they essentially keep the same lineup now?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Probably not, Olt and Lake didnt have good games. From what I understand, they are planning on platooning.

It was one game.

So this tells me.

1. He never wanted to go full time with Lake and Olt.
2. He took flack and gave them a game.
3. He pulled the plug after 1 game vs letting them adjust as is needed.

What I believe is he is trying to win games first with the crap he was given because he wants to be a major league manager after this is over vs someones bench coach after being shit canned. He is not a fan of developing players struggling.

That is fine and I respect that. Even though I believe he needs to let Lake and Olt adjust now while it is early in the year.

What he needs to do is use Rondon more in set up situations now. He has been nails. Grimm has been on also. Veras has been off more than on. Strop has looked the same. Not sure if he is tipping his slider again or not.

Shitter: 6.35 ERA and a .88 WHIP. That makes little sense to me.
Russell: 2.63 WHIP......enough said. He needs to be in mop up duty until they figure what his damage is.
Veras: Mop up only.
Wright: 2.10 WHIP

This is where Ricky is messing up the most. Bull pen management.

He needs to stick to Grimm/Rondon and let Strop mix in when the game is on the line.

Rest can deal with mop up duty.

In Iowa:

Rosscup .55 WHIP
Hatley: .50 WHIP 8 SO in 4 IP.

These 2 I would look to promote if the pen keeps crapping their pants