Should the Bulls Trade Mike Dunleavy?

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
After this season, should the Bulls trade Mike Dunleavy after the draft? In my mock draft, I have the Bulls selecting Nik Stauskas and T.J. Warren. I have Stauskas as the backup shooting guard and Warren as the third small forward behind Tony Snell. Thoughts? Opinions?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Should you be allowed to start new threads?

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
MDunn is a great value for the Bulls and gives them floor spacing with the 3. The Bulls will retain him unless his money needs to be used on a high profile FA.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dunleavy's contract is pretty friendly and all teams could use a shooter like him. If the right deal comes along, you definitely have to be open to moving him. He doesn't have to go though, he's got value to our team.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
MDJ doesn't get traded. As mentioned, his contract-to-contribution ratio is too valuable to this team. In the back of my mind, I think he wanted to sign somewhere that will help him transition from player to assistant. As long as he has a good relationship with Thibodeau, he'll stick around.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
The brilliant idea is to trade a known quantity, a veteran that does exactly what you need, when you're getting your best player back next year so you end up putting TWO rookies into the rotation. Call yourself a college ball fan and stop trying to make the Bulls into a college team.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Everything depends on what happens with Melo. I expect the Bulls to go right after him as soon as they can. That shoe has to drop before they do anything else. Dunleavy has done well with the Bulls and has value. But then so does Augustin and even Hinrich and they will not be able to keep everybody.

Considering the Bulls failures over the past in bringing in a big time free agent, I can't count on them to swing either bringing Melo in nor trading for Love. But they certainly have the possibility on paper to do either.

czman

Liked Posts:
I doubt he gets traded for a few reasons:

Decent contract.
Best shooter on the team signed for next season.
Butler cannot shoot worth a crap.
Snell has not shown he can play.
He won't free up much space.
He won't command much return in a trade.
The Bulls have no one else at SF.

I think that is a strong list.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
If it's a move that will open enough space to bring Melo to Chicago, of course you trade him.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really could see guys taking less money to play next year to play for the Bulls including Melo. They are looking to be a possible dynasty.