OT: Tommy John Epidemic

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Looks like Matt Moore might be in line for it...

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on...e-has-tear-in-ucl-may-need-tommy-john-surgery

I'm not sure what to make of this but there seems to be a whole lot of it going around... it'd make me hesitant to put my eggs all in one basket as far as pitching prospects go though...

Gotta roll the dice when you have this high of a pick. It isn't as if the Cubs are flooded with TOR talent in the system. If you can hit on just one, it will go a long way.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Oh, I'm not saying I wouldn't too... but I'd definitely think long and hard with this UCL stuff seeming to pop up more and more frequently.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Wouldn't it be better to put the eggs in prospects then in FAs?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dr. James Andrews spoke about it. He says kids playing year round baseball is the big cause of it. I call this little league heros. Coaches of young players want to win so bad to pump up their ego that they destroy kids. I got into a heated argument with a coach of my nephew. He was having a kid on his team throw 20 curveballs a game at 11 years old. I was like WTF are you doing? He thinks it wont hurt his arm at all and he is an idiot. When I grew up, we were allowed to throw fastballs and changeups. We would be allowed to throw one curveball a game and that wasnt always allowed. People are dumb.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Dr. James Andrews spoke about it. He says kids playing year round baseball is the big cause of it. I call this little league heros. Coaches of young players want to win so bad to pump up their ego that they destroy kids. I got into a heated argument with a coach of my nephew. He was having a kid on his team throw 20 curveballs a game at 11 years old. I was like WTF are you doing? He thinks it wont hurt his arm at all and he is an idiot. When I grew up, we were allowed to throw fastballs and changeups. We would be allowed to throw one curveball a game and that wasnt always allowed. People are dumb.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on...d-baseball-at-young-age-is-top-tj-risk-factor

Yeah, that sounds like it makes a lot of sense... does anyone keep track of pitch counts in little league/high school? Do scouts have access to that information if anyone does? Seems like they'd definitely wanna look into a prospect's pitching history from a young age...

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on...d-baseball-at-young-age-is-top-tj-risk-factor

Yeah, that sounds like it makes a lot of sense... does anyone keep track of pitch counts in little league/high school? Do scouts have access to that information if anyone does? Seems like they'd definitely wanna look into a prospect's pitching history from a young age...

I saw a kid the other day pitched 181 pitches in a 12 inning game for his high school team. I know a couple of days before Kerry Wood got drafted his coach had him throw close to a 180 pitches in a game.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
I saw a kid the other day pitched 181 pitches in a 12 inning game for his high school team. I know a couple of days before Kerry Wood got drafted his coach had him throw close to a 180 pitches in a game.

Sounds like child abuse...