You're Q: Morin Over Versteeg?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Seen this idea getting thrown around the Hawks blogosphere today and wanted to bring it here.

Would you play Jeremy Morin in the postseason over Kris Versteeg?

This is assuming that Bollig won't be benched for whatever reason. But I have a hard time thinking of what contributions Versteeg has made to this team that couldn't be replaced.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Veteran experience vs a currently hot player.

If Morin performs great the next two games it's hard to justify taking him out in the mix.. But if he doesn't produce, can you still assume he has something going?

Id expect Morin benched over Steeger game 1

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If its between two players, then Bollig should be one of the two. He doesn't add much other than some grit and the ability to take a punch. Versteeg has to play. He's been there before and did pretty well in 2010. Morin will lay the body as we've seen already plus he has some skills and that great wrist shot. Morin's had more than a few callups and this time he's finally responding, you can't Special person that progress. It's pretty obvious to me that Morin and Versteeg play and Bollig grabs some bench.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No brainer, Morin brings alot more to the table.

Bollig sucks.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If its between two players, then Bollig should be one of the two. He doesn't add much other than some grit and the ability to take a punch. Versteeg has to play. He's been there before and did pretty well in 2010. Morin will lay the body as we've seen already plus he has some skills and that great wrist shot. Morin's had more than a few callups and this time he's finally responding, you can't Special person that progress. It's pretty obvious to me that Morin and Versteeg play and Bollig grabs some bench.

Agreed, but 2014 Versteeg hasn't done much of anything.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
Versteeg still makes the same stupid decisions/mistake he made 5 seasons ago. I rather see Morin play

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
can we add Handzus to this equation or thats next year?

Probably this offseason we clean house a little and we'll see the youth movement next year.

And because of that youth and depth if we can find a way to pull of the miracle of another Stanley....we are counting Stanley's now....but the truth is we are so young and talented that we are hemoragging at the seems of our body like Ebola with talent here and coming and having to be traded away to make room at just a couple eligible spots.

I believe if we can win one in next 3 years, its time to stop talking dynasty, because its actually here and the impressive part would be that we are in the first half of it.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Agreed, but 2014 Versteeg hasn't done much of anything.

Not really accurate - since coming to the Hawks Versteeg has been a point every other game guy -which is what he basically always has been apart from his rookie season -and even then it wasn't that much more (what- 54 points or something?).

Whatever works - I think Quennville can make the right call.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not really accurate - since coming to the Hawks Versteeg has been a point every other game guy -which is what he basically always has been apart from his rookie season -and even then it wasn't that much more (what- 54 points or something?).

this

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Versteeg getting a point every other game with the 2014 Blackhawks is like Willie Young getting some QB pressures playing alongside Suh and Fairley in Detroit. Versteeg has been a liability for the most part. I have no confidence in him when he's on the ice.

I agree.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Morin is also at the same rate of roughly 0.5 PPG and does that while averaging 5:00 less average TOI per game.

If this was 2010 Versteeg, I'd agree you with. Maybe Florida broke him? Either way, the Versteeg we're seeing now isn't the same Versteeg that we saw during his first tenure in Chicago. I don't know if it's a lack of confidence or something else, but he appears to have regressed heavily since that breakout rookie season of his.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Currently, Morin > Versteeg IMO. Steeger is improving but still not 100% following his surgery.

However, Q will (nearly) always go with veteran/experience which is why Morin is a scratch.

I don't see either player making a very meaningful positive or negative impact in a 7-game series, so I defer to Q's judgment.....not that I or any of us have any choice.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Morin is also at the same rate of roughly 0.5 PPG and does that while averaging 5:00 less average TOI per game.

If this was 2010 Versteeg, I'd agree you with. Maybe Florida broke him? Either way, the Versteeg we're seeing now isn't the same Versteeg that we saw during his first tenure in Chicago. I don't know if it's a lack of confidence or something else, but he appears to have regressed heavily since that breakout rookie season of his.

While that is true, the sampling size is much smaller for Morin as well - less amount of games.

Florida didn't break Versteeg - although as I understand it he got some sort of pretty bad knee injury that they knew about before acquiring him.

That being said- I don't think a line of Toews Versteeg and Saad will work all that well in any event.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I thought Versteeg created some really solid opportunities for our offense in the past few games... I guess doesn't matter when it comes to creating opportunities unless someone else capitalizes

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's official, Morin is the odd man out for game one.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
versteeg looks decent tonight

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:

He looked all right - but then again if you have a spectacular start = just all right is a bit of an anti-climax .... in the end, it is only about the wins anyhow. :)

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

Blame his stint in Toronto, not Florida. Playing for Toronto would destroy anyone. :troll:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Agreed. He flashed the hands that he had in his first stint here on that pass to Seabrook. Hope it continues.