Has Earl Bennett signed anywhere??

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If you were in a race against Tigers, which ethnicity would have the quick twitch gene more prevalent ?

I'd go with Indians/Bangladeshis since they're virtually the only ones that actually have to worry about this scenario.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd go with Indians/Bangladeshis since they're virtually the only ones that actually have to worry about this scenario.

You just shot the shit outta that evolutionary thread. ( Maybe I shoulda said Big Cats )
Where do Cheetahs roam ?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You just thru the shit outta that evolutionary thread. ( Maybe I shoulda said Big Cats )
Where do Cheetahs roam ?

Southern Africa mostly:

Cheetah_range.gif

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Earl is probably waiting until after the draft to see what teams are still in need of a receiver.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He still will make a great 3rd option at the right price for some team.

Yep. If he weren't going to count over $2 mil against the cap he'd still be around. Always liked the guy as a tough chain-mover.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yea a tough chain mover that doesnt drop the ball alot and is a good blocker
It'll be interesting to compare him to MWilson after the year is over and how the O has evolved with different WR packages and less help for the oline with Britton or Forte or TE

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
The guy that would be a number two on most teams can't get get signed for about a million dollars yet....

On most teams? I couldn't name any, can you list the 17 or more teams on which he would be the #2?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
On most teams? I couldn't name any, can you list the 17 or more teams on which he would be the #2?

Jax, st Louis, Cleveland, Detroit.. Ya know screw it, it's rather easy to fill it up.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Jax, st Louis, Cleveland, Detroit.. Ya know screw it, it's rather easy to fill it up.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

In 5 years he has averaged 33 YPG and 2 TDs/season. He is not a #2 WR.

Liked Posts:
At least Bennett was a good blocking WR, especially last season & he was the master of the tip toe along the sideline catch to stay in bounds. He didn't get a lot of catches but the ones he did manage to get, he made them count to move the chains or score a TD. Weems on the other hand, IMO is a waste of cap space, at this point at this point at least. I don't understand the angst toward Earl when the Bears are giving Weems something around 2 mill a season? Any way you slice it would rather have seen the Bears cut Weems instead.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
At least Bennett was a good blocking WR, especially last season & he was the master of the tip toe along to sideline catch to stay in bounds. He didn't get a lot of catches but the ones he did manage to get, he made them count to move the chains or score a TD. Weems on the other hand, IMO is a waste of cap space, at this point at this point at least. I don't understand the angst toward Earl when the Bears are giving Weems something around 2 mill a season? Any way you slice it would rather have seen the Bears cut Weems instead.

No one thinks Weems is very good, or that Earl sucks. Just saying earl is not a legit #2.

Celks

Liked Posts:
No one thinks Weems is very good, or that Earl sucks. Just saying earl is not a legit #2.

I could see Earl being a legit #2 on a few teams but agree with you he is built to be a slot wr.

Liked Posts:

Fuck no, I agree. At least not with Chicago. If healthy I don't think he's any, or at least much worse than Burleson at this point who was Detroits #2. They sort of remind me of each other, both are similar in size, neither have blazing speed or agility, or big numbers. I could see Bennett as a journeyman #2 on a team that's in offensive an rebuild & looking for a stop gap #2 until they sign or draft someone better.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Why would an aging injury prone player with little raw talent and less than a thousand yards in three years be getting many offers? Outside a small number of Bears homers he is a nobody that only played in the NFL as more than a reserve receiver because of the Bears enormous needs at WR.