Has Earl Bennett signed anywhere??

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
On most teams? I couldn't name any, can you list the 17 or more teams on which he would be the #2?

Possibly a #1 on a team like the Raiders or Panthers and a #2 on the Rams, Lions, Jaguars, Patriots, Browns, Buccaneers, Ravens, Seahawks. I couldn't name 17 but there are some teams that he could start for.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The guy that would be a number two on most teams can't get get signed for about a million dollars yet....

Am I missing something here, or are you just out of your mind?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
On most teams? I couldn't name any, can you list the 17 or more teams on which he would be the #2?

That's the point. I was being sarcastic. Many people thought he was a number 2. He wasn't

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
he has had some time to test the market and unless im wrong hes still a FA. You think he would have any interest in come back?

Yes, he is waiting for the Bears front office to match the offer sheet he received to work at Manards in the lumber yard.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Possibly a #1 on a team like the Raiders or Panthers and a #2 on the Rams, Lions, Jaguars, Patriots, Browns, Buccaneers, Ravens, Seahawks. I couldn't name 17 but there are some teams that he could start for.

I like Earl but he is not a #1 WR on any team in the NFL.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Yea a tough chain mover that doesnt drop the ball alot and is a good blocker
It'll be interesting to compare him to MWilson after the year is over and how the O has evolved with different WR packages and less help for the oline with Britton or Forte or TE
Yep. I'll continue to be a Earl fan. Very solid and depandale receiver. Hope some fans are right about M Wilson

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Guy ran a 4.48, was a solid slot receiver, and became a 5th read. People just love to hate on whoever isn't the featured WR. I blame Madden and stupidity. The only good receiver is a speedster in children's minds. Also notable how much vitriol some people have for ex-Bears.

Anyone who condemns him on stats is a moron.

Last edited:

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Guy ran a 4.48, was a solid slot receiver, and became a 5th read. People just love to hate on whoever isn't the featured WR, which is easy to do when you're talking about Chicago WRs. I blame Madden and stupidity. The only good receiver is a speedster in children's minds.
Couldn't agree more.Bear fans are constant enamored by the unknown player, like he's always going to be better than the proven guy. Everyone's all excited about Wilson and discount how good Earl was because Wilson was SUPPOSED to be a first round pick lol. So stupid

NDBears

Liked Posts:
Bennett's value doesn't justify not adding a player like Allen or having financial flexibility to add a vet closer to camp etc. The coaches obviously have confidence Wilson can get the job done as well or better than Bennett. Will he? I don't know we shall see but I'm inclined to trust them. What I do know is that when weighing his impact coupled with his price it was an investment that wasn't going to pay the necessary dividends. For me at least it's not even about Bennett not being good enough, hell it's not even about Wilson being better. It's about Bennett's role, the production vs the contract. The value simply isn't there. Wilson >>>> Bennett because Wilson $ <<<<< Bennett $. Therefore our funds can be allocated to more pressing needs. Good luck Earl I hope for the best for you but you were a luxury we frankly don't need.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I would rather have Bennett than Weems myself.

I'm a Bennett fan... He'll fearlessly go across the middle and make the 1st down catch, he's clutch with one of the lowest drop rates in the NFL. But we got a whole team going on this 2014...

You would rather have Bennett than Weems as a receiver, but what about as a player on this 2014 team?

Weems is a solid ST performer. He's had 19 tackles in 2 years. He's a ST ace. Plus, with Hester gone, he might be our best Returner. Actually, Bennett might be a better returner than Weems, and Ford might be better than both of them at this point. But the point is, with this Trestman Offense... with Marshall, Jeffrey, Bennett, Forte and a high ceiling cheap rookie like Wilson, who's more valuable to this 2014 team? At least with everyone healthy, there are not enough passes for both Bennett and Wilson -- not with a 2 mil price tag on Bennett, that's why they at least asked him to take a cut.

I'd like to have Bennett come back for a lower price, try out for our #1 Returner and possibly play some ST. He'd be nice to have if Marshall or Jeffrey went down. But if Wilson is playing as well as Bennett, I want Wilson out there developing. Heck, Wilson is also a track star... I'd like to see him train as a Returner.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Between Wilson, Ford, rookies coming in, we have enough returners. We really don't need Earl Bennett anymore. I've always liked the guy's attitude. I hope he finds a spot on a team somewhere. For those saying he's not a #2 WR, imagine him with a QB like P.Manning, Brady, Rodgers throwing to him and a decent offensive gameplan. His career path would've completely been different.

For the guy that said that he hasn't done much in the past 5 years, well, the last 2 years he's been pushed out by Marshall and Jeffery who would both be #1 WR on almost any team without Calvin Johnson and a couple of other guys. The 3 years previous to those I won't even go into.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Guy ran a 4.48, was a solid slot receiver, and became a 5th read. People just love to hate on whoever isn't the featured WR. I blame Madden and stupidity. The only good receiver is a speedster in children's minds. Also notable how much vitriol some people have for ex-Bears.

Anyone who condemns him on stats is a moron.

Nobody hates on Earl, the commentary about him not being a legit #2 is fair and balanced. He isn't a #2 in any manner, especially in terms of on-field production (I.e., stats).

I don't have time for Madden or fantasy sports, I'm judging based on watching him for five years on the field. He is a pedestrian, perhaps "nice" #3 WR, nothing wrong or degrading about calling it what it is.

You may disagree, that's fine and you may be more right than wrong, but that doesn't render a slightly differing assessment as "stupid".

Liked Posts:
I'm a Bennett fan... He'll fearlessly go across the middle and make the 1st down catch, he's clutch with one of the lowest drop rates in the NFL. But we got a whole team going on this 2014...

You would rather have Bennett than Weems as a receiver, but what about as a player on this 2014 team?

Weems is a solid ST performer. He's had 19 tackles in 2 years. He's a ST ace. Plus, with Hester gone, he might be our best Returner. Actually, Bennett might be a better returner than Weems, and Ford might be better than both of them at this point. But the point is, with this Trestman Offense... with Marshall, Jeffrey, Bennett, Forte and a high ceiling cheap rookie like Wilson, who's more valuable to this 2014 team? At least with everyone healthy, there are not enough passes for both Bennett and Wilson -- not with a 2 mil price tag on Bennett, that's why they at least asked him to take a cut.

I'd like to have Bennett come back for a lower price, try out for our #1 Returner and possibly play some ST. He'd be nice to have if Marshall or Jeffrey went down. But if Wilson is playing as well as Bennett, I want Wilson out there developing. Heck, Wilson is also a track star... I'd like to see him train as a Returner.

Bennetts willingness to be a very good blocker alone on offense, something that Weems never really does, is part of why I would rather have Earl. All of Marshall, Jeffery & Bennett did very well as blockers last season. Weems wasn't all that great as a returner, all of the other things that he does should be replaceable. He did have a heads up play around the end zone against the Vikes last year but other than that, I'd rather have the good blocker on offense that reals in a couple of TD's in key situations.

Liked Posts:
Couldn't agree more.Bear fans are constant enamored by the unknown player, like he's always going to be better than the proven guy. Everyone's all excited about Wilson and discount how good Earl was because Wilson was SUPPOSED to be a first round pick lol. So stupid

In all honesty I am excited to see how Wilson fares in the offense. He was considered a second round talent by some until the whole quitting because his coach was demented fuck that locked players in a closet. Wilson doesn't have blazing speed either though, but I'm hoping, as with the case with Jeffery & Marshall, he can get away with that due to his height at 6'3", & hopefully filled out frame that needed to add weight this time last season.

proton

Liked Posts:
Earl was injured too often. Plus the money they recovered from Earl went to Allen. Wilson will do very well.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Remember Earl Bennett's beast mode game back in 2011 when he had just come back from injury. I know he kind of disappeared after that when Jay Cutler got hurt but that was a pretty good game against the Eagles pro bowl cornerbacks.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
I like Earl....but if Wilson is indeed stepping up into the No.#3 I don't know if there is a roster spot available for him to return to....even if he takes a serious pay cut. Bennett has excellent hands and is able to play the middle of the field as a possession receiver......not sure that Wilson could handle that pounding....

Hope that Earl finds a place to play...