Has Earl Bennett signed anywhere??

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
I said possibly the Raiders or Panthers, look at their rosters.

I'll give you Carolina, but I still wouldn't ever want Earl lined up outside for any length of time. But Oakland has a pretty solid receiving core already and if they take another guy in the 1st or 2nd this year they will have a great group of guys.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'll give you Carolina, but I still wouldn't ever want Earl lined up outside for any length of time. But Oakland has a pretty solid receiving core already and if they take another guy in the 1st or 2nd this year they will have a great group of guys.

Yeah, earl never lined up outside with the bears. Hmm

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Earl is a fine WR. The only issue I see is that he's a little stiff and takes too many shots which leads to dings but he'll be a asset for somebody.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Earl gave up on the team. He didn't show for the final game of the season, which was basically a playoff game and against the Bears' biggest rival.

IDGAF what the excuse was. Most players even show up when someone close to them dies. Favre and Torrey Smith had the best games of their career (in games which were not NEARLY as important as this one) when their dad and brother died, respectively. Yet Bennett doesn't even show. He doesn't have a commitment to winning. Most players would never be kept away from such an important game.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't understand the question "Has Earl signed anywhere?".

I thought when we cut a player they automatically became a Bucaneer.

He did...he joined the cast of the musical pirates of the caribbean.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Earl gave up on the team. He didn't show for the final game of the season, which was basically a playoff game and against the Bears' biggest rival.

IDGAF what the excuse was. Most players even show up when someone close to them dies. Favre and Torrey Smith had the best games of their career (in games which were not NEARLY as important as this one) when their dad and brother died, respectively. Yet Bennett doesn't even show. He doesn't have a commitment to winning. Most players would never be kept away from such an important game.
this made me spill beer

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you were off by a couple years, didn't you deserve it?

no....when me a couple other people stated this he was starting to decline in his production....

dabears253313

Liked Posts:

GTFOLOL

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
no....when me a couple other people stated this he was starting to decline in his production....

So if you predict something, you get a 2 year window afterwards?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if you predict something, you get a 2 year window afterwards?

all I did was predict he was on the decline and possibly turning into a bubble player....shortly after that we traded for B Marsh.....Bennett stuck around a year longer that I thought he would........I'm not asking for a cookie

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I'm a Bennett fan... He'll fearlessly go across the middle and make the 1st down catch, he's clutch with one of the lowest drop rates in the NFL. But we got a whole team going on this 2014...

You would rather have Bennett than Weems as a receiver, but what about as a player on this 2014 team?

Weems is a solid ST performer. He's had 19 tackles in 2 years. He's a ST ace. Plus, with Hester gone, he might be our best Returner. Actually, Bennett might be a better returner than Weems, and Ford might be better than both of them at this point. But the point is, with this Trestman Offense... with Marshall, Jeffrey, Bennett, Forte and a high ceiling cheap rookie like Wilson, who's more valuable to this 2014 team? At least with everyone healthy, there are not enough passes for both Bennett and Wilson -- not with a 2 mil price tag on Bennett, that's why they at least asked him to take a cut.

I'd like to have Bennett come back for a lower price, try out for our #1 Returner and possibly play some ST. He'd be nice to have if Marshall or Jeffrey went down. But if Wilson is playing as well as Bennett, I want Wilson out there developing. Heck, Wilson is also a track star... I'd like to see him train as a Returner.

Bennetts willingness to be a very good blocker alone on offense, something that Weems never really does, is part of why I would rather have Earl. All of Marshall, Jeffery & Bennett did very well as blockers last season. Weems wasn't all that great as a returner, all of the other things that he does should be replaceable. He did have a heads up play around the end zone against the Vikes last year but other than that, I'd rather have the good blocker on offense that reals in a couple of TD's in key situations.
You make some really good points. There's definitely a case for both Bennett or Weems.

Pos
1. Bennett is across the middle clutch receiver
2. Bennett good blocking receiver
3. (well i said this) Bennett is probably better returner than Weems

dislike
1. Twice as expensive as Weems
2. Injured often
3. Weems avg 9.5 ST tackles/year and competent Returner. Bennett doesn't play ST (unless he's used in Returns again)
4. With Marshall/Jeffery/Bennett/Forte/Wilson there aren't enough passes left over to play Bennett and develop Wilson

I'd like to keep Bennett and Weems -- have Bennett compete for #1 Returner and play ST. Keep Weems as ST ace and backup Returner and WR. But unless Bennett takes a cut, I don't think we have the money.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

lol everytime I read this post I :andruw:

Celks

Liked Posts:
You make some really good points. There's definitely a case for both Bennett or Weems.

Pos
1. Bennett is across the middle clutch receiver
2. Bennett good blocking receiver
3. (well i said this) Bennett is probably better returner than Weems

dislike
1. Twice as expensive as Weems
2. Injured often
3. Weems avg 9.5 ST tackles/year and competent Returner. Bennett doesn't play ST (unless he's used in Returns again)
4. With Marshall/Jeffery/Bennett/Forte/Wilson there aren't enough passes left over to play Bennett and develop Wilson

I'd like to keep Bennett and Weems -- have Bennett compete for #1 Returner and play ST. Keep Weems as ST ace and backup Returner and WR. But unless Bennett takes a cut, I don't think we have the money.

Earl Bennett has been released by the Chicago Bears already.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Earl Bennett has been released by the Chicago Bears already.

Ricky-OMG.gif

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
The guy that would be a number two on most teams can't get get signed for about a million dollars yet....

Number 2? Are you being serious?