Carmelo Anthony Praises Tom Thibodeau, Says System Works with 'Anybody'

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Carmelo Anthony isn't afraid to be complimentary, even if the subject of his praise works for another team. According to the New York Daily News' Frank Isola, 'Melo had some kind things to say about Tom Thibodeau's Chicago Bulls.

Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN
Follow

Carmelo on the Bulls success despite injuries: "Thibs is a great coach, his system kind of reminds me of a Gregg Popovich's system." (Cont)
8:42 AM - 12 Apr 2014

Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN
Follow

More Melo: on the Bulls: "You put anybody in that system and it’s going to work. That’s what they’ve been doing."

Anthony makes a valid point.

The Bulls have seen a number of role players come and go in recent years, managing to find success regardless of who's wearing the uniforms. The success has been all the more impressive when you take into consideration superstar point guard Derrick Rose playing in just 10 games over the course of the last two seasons.

Nevertheless, Anthony's comments also come at an interesting juncture. Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski reported in March that the Bulls may be chief among the teams Anthony looks into during the offseason:

"Anthony has free-agent options, and two have risen above everything else: Chicago and Houston, sources with direct knowledge of his plans told Yahoo Sports. The Bulls have an easier path to clear the necessary salary-cap space to sign Anthony, but the Rockets believe they can shed the contracts necessary to offer a third near-max deals alongside Dwight Howard and James Harden, league sources said."

Anthony would certainly take Chicago to another level. With Joakim Noah anchoring the defense and Rose initiating the offense, Anthony could focus on what he does best—putting the ball in the basket. The Bulls would instantly become one of the favorites to challenge the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference.

Of course, at the moment, there's no guarantee Anthony is going anywhere. He could very well opt to remain with the New York Knicks now that he has Phil Jackson doing the recruiting. In any event, he'll need to opt out of his contract to explore free agency.

Maybe we needn't read too much into the comments. The Knicks host Chicago on Sunday evening, so this reasons to be a natural enough time to talk about Thibodeau and what's propelled the Bulls to third place in the East this season.

The Knicks cannot help but be a bit envious.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-tom-thibodeau-says-system-works-with-anybody

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Another coach of the year performance by Thibs and Co., yet the Bulls continue to receive very little respect.

"Anthony would certainly take Chicago to another level. With Joakim Noah anchoring the defense and Rose initiating the offense, Anthony could focus on what he does best—putting the ball in the basket. The Bulls would instantly become one of the favorites to challenge the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference."

While Anthony certainly would be a nice addition, Bulls can beat the Heat w/o him.

Even w/o Rose, this team is capable of pushing Miami to 6 or even 7 games.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
While Anthony certainly would be a nice addition, Bulls can beat the Heat w/o him.

Even w/o Rose, this team is capable of pushing Miami to 6 or even 7 games.

based on what?

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I love the Bulls but without another scorer I don't think they can hang with the Heat. Now, I'm a believer that this team has what it takes to push Miami, you have to prove it and last time I checked the Heat eliminated the Bulls twice in the last 3 seasons in the playoffs.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The Bulls have won 2 out of 10 playoff games against Miami. Respect has to be earned. No, the Bulls wouldn't beat the Heat with the team they have unless Lebron James suddenly forgets how to play basketball...

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Season performance, match-ups, and better coaching.

when has those things worked in our favor?

Bulls have to show and prove

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who wishes anybody but Lebron wins another title? I really do hate him as a player. The combination of Rose injuries and the Heat winning the last two titles have really stopped me from enjoying my favorite sport. Reminds me of the early 2000's when I hated the Lakers and they were running the NBA.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
The Bulls have won 2 out of 10 playoff games against Miami. Respect has to be earned. No, the Bulls wouldn't beat the Heat with the team they have unless Lebron James suddenly forgets how to play basketball...

Nobody mentioned beat.

But it generally becomes more and more difficult to beat the same team year after year, eventually the tide turns.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
A nucleus of Rose, Noah, Melo, Gibson, Butler and two first round picks is a very nice start to building a championship caliber team. Anthony seems open to coming to Chicago and seems to really like Thibs. Hopefully the Bulls FO can make this happen.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Blah, Blah, Blah .... same 'ole negative fucks.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
A nucleus of Rose, Noah, Melo, Gibson, Butler and two first round picks is a very nice start to building a championship caliber team. Anthony seems open to coming to Chicago and seems to really like Thibs. Hopefully the Bulls FO can make this happen.

I think to give Melo close to what he wants, Gibson and his contract well have to go...

Sent from my phone...in my pocket...with my mind.

Liked Posts:
If you dump Boozer, by all means, bring in Anthony.

I just don't see how you can have the defense of Boozer and Anthony on the court at the same time...not to mention their contracts.. I'd be all for this. Getting Anthony without giving up anything, as with a trade, could be a game changing move.

Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who wishes anybody but Lebron wins another title? I really do hate him as a player. The combination of Rose injuries and the Heat winning the last two titles have really stopped me from enjoying my favorite sport. Reminds me of the early 2000's when I hated the Lakers and they were running the NBA.

I'm not sure it will happen for them this year. There's a lot of tread on Wades tires.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Yet Bulls just keep on winning, in a season that everyone(including me)conceded/wrote-off months ago.

First, what makes you think I was talking to you? Secondly, NOT everyone. I NEVER conceded/wrote off shit! Fuckin speak for yourself!

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
as far as melo i'd love to add him....Rose or No Rose i think we offer a better situation than the Knicks...our play style meshes perfect with his

but of course Melo loves NY and they can offer allot more so im not getting my hopes up

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Stupid thing to say.

i simply asked him what he was basing his statements on

but i guess not being blindly bias and agreeing is considered negative