Carmelo or Kevin?

Carmelo or Kevin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Melo, we have nothing on the wing that can compete with Lebron in terms of scoring. I'm tired of Jimmy Butler he will never give us the scoring we need to win a championship. He is to me Tony Allen. He needs to be brought off the bench for energy and defense.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Love is probably an upgrade over Boozer but not a gigantic leap and having him reduces the minutes available to play Gibson. You also then either continue to start Dunleavy or you have to find a starter at the 3 with Mike off the bench, Jimmy at the 2 and Snell behind him. Melo provides something the Bulls lack, a scoring machine if needed. Figuring Melo can and would be willing to take fewer shots and play within the offense most of the time, when someone HAS to take the shot, when they just HAVE to score he's a guy who is willing and able to get a basket. Melo at the 3, Taj at the 4 and Jimmy at the 2 is a formidable group and then you only have to find a backup at the 4 because you have Dunleavy at the 3 and Snell at the 2 off he bench.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Depends what is given up to get each guy. In a vacuum though, Melo.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If the team that wants to retain him also recognizes the same flaw, why would they want to make it harder to move him?

We'll have to disagree on potential perceived value (ppv).

(Yeah, you like that phrasing. :smug2: )

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Melo, we have nothing on the wing that can compete with Lebron in terms of scoring. I'm tired of Jimmy Butler he will never give us the scoring we need to win a championship. He is to me Tony Allen. He needs to be brought off the bench for energy and defense.

I couldn't disagree more. Jimmy is averaging 13 points a game for the Bulls. That's the area we need him to be at. I've seen a big improvement in his J this year. He's already considered one of the best defenders in the NBA.

I think it's foolish to think Jimmy should score more than he is, as he constantly checks the opposing teams best players.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I couldn't disagree more. Jimmy is averaging 13 points a game for the Bulls. That's the area we need him to be at. I've seen a big improvement in his J this year. He's already considered one of the best defenders in the NBA.

I think it's foolish to think Jimmy should score more than he is, as he constantly checks the opposing teams best players.

That's part of the ascension into being a great two-way player. Why do you think Paul George didn't quite take "the full step" this year into superstardom? He's finding out how hard it is to check the other team's best guy for 40 minutes AND carry your team's offense. It's precisely why LeBron, whether you dislike him or not, is an incredible talent. I think my floor/ceiling comp on Jimmy Butler earlier this year rings true -- his floor is a rich man's Thabo Sefolosha and his ceiling is Luol Deng during his peak years.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I've seen a big improvement in his J this year.

he actually took a step back shooting wise....he was shooting great at the end of last year and in the playoffs

this year hes been pretty bad....i think the problem is his shot is just extremely flat....it needs more arc

also 13 points is fine but hes gonna have to do it more efficiently 39% and 28% from 3 isnt good...hoping for a better season next year offense wise

now on defense hes been amazing

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Uh Durant DUH...

wait...

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
That's part of the ascension into being a great two-way player. Why do you think Paul George didn't quite take "the full step" this year into superstardom? He's finding out how hard it is to check the other team's best guy for 40 minutes AND carry your team's offense. It's precisely why LeBron, whether you dislike him or not, is an incredible talent. I think my floor/ceiling comp on Jimmy Butler earlier this year rings true -- his floor is a rich man's Thabo Sefolosha and his ceiling is Luol Deng during his peak years.

I don't expect Jimmy to be the next superstar. I'm OK if he takes this step, don't get me wrong. I just think 15 pts a game is a good area for him. On any given night, he can drop 20. If we bring in Mirotic, and scoring from the SF spot, and then get DRose back, I'm good with Jimmy averaging right around 15 pts/game, and locking down the LJ's and Melo's around the league.

Liked Posts:
both

nah really i cant choose....i'd be happy with either

Ditto

I'd take either but I think Carmelo's game might be a better fit. The rules favor perimeter scoring. Either way, the Bulls need to get rid of Boozer, even if his salary wasn't an issue.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is a very hard choice. The Bulls are stacked at PF. I know a lot of people call Carmelo a SF, but in the Knicks' 54-win season last year, Melo's primary position was at PF. The Knicks have a much more stagnant offense in general when they have two big men plus Carmelo on the floor. Melo actually does give up the rock much more often than a typical PF and stretches the floor much better.

Liked Posts:
It is a very hard choice. The Bulls are stacked at PF. I know a lot of people call Carmelo a SF, but in the Knicks' 54-win season last year, Melo's primary position was at PF. The Knicks have a much more stagnant offense in general when they have two big men plus Carmelo on the floor. Melo actually does give up the rock much more often than a typical PF and stretches the floor much better.

It's a potentially different scenario with the Bulls though. Noah spends more time at the elbow, leaving room for Anthony more room to work don low. Along with this is the utilization of Noah's passing which is better than NYs post players. I also feel there's a little more flexibility with Defensive match ups for Gibson. But you can make a similar case for Love.