Carmelo or Kevin?

Carmelo or Kevin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Which would you rather have? I know there's been a lot of rumors surrounding both of them. I think Carmelo is a better chance, and the fact that he is a FA this year helps that as well.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
both

nah really i cant choose....i'd be happy with either

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
I say Melo because Melo comes a year earlier. Also with the way Noah has developed, and with Mirotic coming over, I think PF is less of a need.

czman

Liked Posts:
Considering you can't have either of them without making moves to existing players it matters who the Bulls have to get rid of and what they get for those assets.

The real question is what would the Bulls have to to do to bring in either of them and is that worth it?

Not sure why we keeping these type of posts. Why not present a realistic plan to bring one of them in and pose that as the question?

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Simple, Melo. We're stacked at PF and we need a SF.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
If I had to pick one I'd choose Love but I would be just as happy with either.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Depends on how we're acquiring the player -- Melo can come as a free agent if he exercises his ETO. Love isn't/won't be a free agent so we'd have to acquire him in a trade. Either guy would be an upgrade (obviously), but if Mirotic ends up coming over here, bringing over Love would be pointless if you'll end up asking Mirotic to do similar things. Gibson has proven he should have expanded minutes. Anthony makes more sense to the current roster construction, especially if Rose comes back. The only problem is having two ball-dominant offensive guys that operate mostly out of isolation. With Noah's ascension as an elite passer, I'd be interested to see how the offense could evolve with more of an inside-out game.

So, in the end -- Melo, if we're strictly speaking acquiring a guy this offseason. The asking price for Love would be outrageous.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Well, Melo just tore something in his shooting shoulder. That pretty much settles that question for me.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
And I voted neither. Should be no surprise. Everything is in limbo. Melo's situation, Love's situation, and Mirotic's situation. But we have Mirotic's draft rights which still makes him the favorite among realistic possibilities. The reason I like Mirotic the best, is not because I'm going off his potential seeing that the only experience he has against the NBA are in exhibition games, but that he will cost the least and give us enough room to swing another proven play-maker in FA.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
like who? lance?

Maybe. I don't have anyone specific in mind. Lance is an option others have thrown around, and I'd be fine with that if it's even on the plate. Rudy Gay is someone else that might come cheap because of his past chemistry issues, if the staff likes him. Gordon Hayward is another that I think would fit in well and benefit from the system.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'm not concerned.

I am. Even with minor tears, I don't know of many or any players that bounce back quick from a tear in their dominant shoulder. Also, getting hurt at the end of the season before he hits potential FA, I fully expect something like this to be downplayed.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am. Even with minor tears, I don't know of many or any players that bounce back quick from a tear in their dominant shoulder. Also, getting hurt at the end of the season before he hits potential FA, I fully expect something like this to be downplayed.

Not by the team that wants to retain him, though. I'd expect the knicks to do the exact opposite, actually.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Depends on how we're acquiring the player -- Melo can come as a free agent if he exercises his ETO. Love isn't/won't be a free agent so we'd have to acquire him in a trade. Either guy would be an upgrade (obviously), but if Mirotic ends up coming over here, bringing over Love would be pointless if you'll end up asking Mirotic to do similar things. Gibson has proven he should have expanded minutes. Anthony makes more sense to the current roster construction, especially if Rose comes back. The only problem is having two ball-dominant offensive guys that operate mostly out of isolation. With Noah's ascension as an elite passer, I'd be interested to see how the offense could evolve with more of an inside-out game.

So, in the end -- Melo, if we're strictly speaking acquiring a guy this offseason. The asking price for Love would be outrageous.

Excellent post, even if you banned my ass!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Not by the team that wants to retain him, though. I'd expect the knicks to do the exact opposite, actually.

If the team that wants to retain him also recognizes the same flaw, why would they want to make it harder to move him?

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Carmelo, the team needs scoring and that is what he does best.