Playoff Hockey?

Liked Posts:
I do not see how the NBA playoffs are more exciting when only 4 no. 8 seeds have beaten a no. 1 seed ever, whereas 10 no. 8 seeds have beaten the no. 1 seed in the NHL since 1993. And hockey doesn'y have to deal with the Olympic-esque divers called NBA stars. Hockey players take 100 mph pucks to the dome in the playoffs, get stitched up, and go back out on the ice to aide their team to victory...... LeBron twists and ankle and cries on national t.v. just sayin'

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I do not see how the NBA playoffs are more exciting when only 4 no. 8 seeds have beaten a no. 1 seed ever, whereas 10 no. 8 seeds have beaten the no. 1 seed in the NHL since 1993. And hockey doesn'y have to deal with the Olympic-esque divers called NBA stars. Hockey players take 100 mph pucks to the dome in the playoffs, get stitched up, and go back out on the ice to aide their team to victory...... LeBron twists and ankle and cries on national t.v. just sayin'

OK, agree with most of the above but the NHL has their collection of "divers" as well. So many that they had to put a 2 min minor in the game to combat it.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

I think that whole "toughness" narrative for NHL players is overblown a bit. I'd say at least 95% of professional athletes are tough. It's not easy to make it to the pros. Sure hockey players are tough as hell because they can get blasted with a hockey puck and keep playing as if nothing happened. NBA players don't do that, well, because they don't get blasted with hockey pucks during their games. A hockey player's toughness is put on display because it's a workplace hazard that isn't present in as many other sports.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Also, this:

tj-oshie-crying-o.gif

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wish I could leave work and get primed.