The Phil Emery Mock Draft

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I rather has Hageman than Tuitt. Tuitt has some medical concerns and Hageman seems to be more agile and a quicker first step.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Yes. Donald is "Short" but is a spectacular athlete and has a ton more production to go along with it. Other than height I don't see much that would put Hageman ahead of Donald in anyone's mind.

Did anyone think Shea would be higher on his board than Jones?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If someone is willing to move down.

If he is still there at 20, which I have my doubts about.

But a reach of 6-10 picks is nothing for Emery. Long and McClellin were reaches by an entire round according to most boards.

Do people forget McClellin was invited to Radio City Music Hall to sit in the green room?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Donald is available it would be hard to pass up on his explosiveness. If Emery thinks it translates to the NFL in a meaningful way then it would be hard to pass on him. If he isn't available Dix or Gilbert would be just fine. If neither of them are available trade down a few spots as the talent will be more equaled out at that point.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i could totally see Hageman being an Emery pick. even over Donald. that how he surprises you. i would PREFER to see him take Hageman is Donald was gone, so i can tell myself we wouldn't have passed on him, but i do like Hageman A LOT. Mayock has him as his #4 DT, behind Donald, Jernigan and Nix. Just ahead of that mountain I've been talking about McCullers.

i do like this whole draft, but man, it would be so much fun if we got Donald, right?

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
If Hageman actually liked playing football he'd be a top 10 pick. The guy has everything you can't teach. He should have dominated everyone in front of him.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
with ratliff signed for two years could give hagemann time to develop but if his drive isnt there we have seen this before with melton and harris

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think the pick at 14 will be one of these guys:

Donald
Clinton-Dix
Pryor
Gilbert
Fuller

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
i could totally see Hageman being an Emery pick. even over Donald. that how he surprises you. i would PREFER to see him take Hageman is Donald was gone, so i can tell myself we wouldn't have passed on him, but i do like Hageman A LOT. Mayock has him as his #4 DT, behind Donald, Jernigan and Nix. Just ahead of that mountain I've been talking about McCullers.

i do like this whole draft, but man, it would be so much fun if we got Donald, right?

While I find Hageman intriguing its hard to take someone at 14 who has the build and talent but simply doesn't seem to care. His entire career is like "Hey, I'm a big guy, might as well play football", but his effort into that decision stinks.I'd rather have someone with slightly less talent who cares to improve. Obviously I'm not in Hagemans head, but thats the way it seems to me and a lot of people anyway. He should have dominated, not dissipated.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
While I find Hageman intriguing its hard to take someone at 14 who has the build and talent but simply doesn't seem to care. His entire career is like "Hey, I'm a big guy, might as well play football", but his effort into that decision stinks.I'd rather have someone with slightly less talent who cares to improve. Obviously I'm not in Hagemans head, but thats the way it seems to me and a lot of people anyway. He should have dominated, not dissipated.

Personally I would not take Hageman at 14.

But I am not Emery, and I am a far bigger coward.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Are people really questioning that Emery would "reach" for Hageman? The same guy that picked a 3-4 LB to play DE at 19 and a borderline top 50 prospect at 20.

I actually like Hageman and would really like this draft. I do think though, we'd see 2 DTs before 2 safeties.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

It could have been a coaching issue at Minnesota. After all, their head coach had several seizures so maybe they didn't have the time and ability to focus on motivating him. I think an NFL team could motivate him. I think people put too much into "oh this player shoulda dominated". He played against other good players. And it's not like he never dominated at any point. He showed plenty of flashes. They just weren't consistent enough.

I think this is very similar to a Kyle Long situation. He was a basketball player first (Long baseball). He's still learning how to play the game at a high level. I agree you have to gauge how much he wants to learn and get better. But that's why teams meet with these players.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
If Emery drafts Hageman he most likely will have a plan to try and keep his motor running.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Emery drafts Hageman he most likely will have a plan to try and keep his motor running.

Its a veteran DL, defensive tradition and a strong coaching staff.

I could easily see him take Tuitt or Hageman, the board erupts and collapses, and then they turn out to be a really good player once they get into our locker room.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Everyone was worried about Jeffery's work ethic and desire.

He comes to Chicago and is an amazing professional, why can't the same thing be expected from Hageman/Tuitt?

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Its a veteran DL, defensive tradition and a strong coaching staff.

I could easily see him take Tuitt or Hageman, the board erupts and collapses, and then they turn out to be a really good player once they get into our locker room.

Hageman would be less of a reach than Tuitt IMO.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone was worried about Jeffery's work ethic and desire.

He comes to Chicago and is an amazing professional, why can't the same thing be expected from Hageman/Tuitt?

I think why in regards to Hageman isn't comparable to Jeffery is that Jeffery was a highly productive player at a big time school in a big time conference even with those "concerns".

Tuitt was highly productive at a big time school for a big time program.

Hageman was pretty non-descript production wise at Minnesota.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think why in regards to Hageman isn't comparable to Jeffery is that Jeffery was a highly productive player at a big time school in a big time conference even with those "concerns".

Tuitt was highly productive at a big time school for a big time program.

Hageman was pretty non-descript production wise at Minnesota.

Tuitt is actually on the Jeffery plan

-Dominate as a Sophmore

-Get banged up and out of shape as a Junior

-Get downgraded by the draft system, while having your unique physical gifts and sophmore production ignored.

-Get to a strong team and become a star.