Who Should the Cubs Draft Fourth Overall?

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Okay people, arms are more riskier but at this moment no bats are worth a top 5 pick. They arent going to pass up a better player just because they are bigger injury risk. The only way they would do that is if, in fact, that pitchers has had injury problems or delivery is so funky that he is a TJ candidate in two years.

I'm not sure college pitchers are all that more risky either and that's almost assuredly what they will go for. That being said, I will always say it's too early to say for certain it's going to be a pitcher. I'd give it 75% odds but all it takes is for some college hitter to go bananas and suddenly evaluations of there not being a top hitting prospect change.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure college pitchers are all that more risky either and that's almost assuredly what they will go for. That being said, I will always say it's too early to say for certain it's going to be a pitcher. I'd give it 75% odds but all it takes is for some college hitter to go bananas and suddenly evaluations of there not being a top hitting prospect change.

Dont see a difference in risk over drafting a pitcher in round 2 or above over first round.. Their all risky.... id rather take a pitcher with top pick that been a stud the last 2 seasons + over a hitter who just went nuts this season. young Ace arms are going to become harder to get via FA from this point on because teams are starting to lock them up early, so if you can draft a potential Ace with a top pick you need to do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

sulleymon

Liked Posts:
Dont see a difference in risk over drafting a pitcher in round 2 or above over first round.. Their all risky.... id rather take a pitcher with top pick that been a stud the last 2 seasons + over a hitter who just went nuts this season. young Ace arms are going to become harder to get via FA from this point on because teams are starting to lock them up early, so if you can draft a potential Ace with a top pick you need to do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

Well, generally, you want to get a surer ting to get to the majors in the first round. The second round 's track record of getting players to the major leagues is significantly more spotty, which is why arm volume is important.

Drafting pitchers is a much riskier matter and a rather different game altogether.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, generally, you want to get a surer ting to get to the majors in the first round. The second round 's track record of getting players to the major leagues is significantly more spotty, which is why arm volume is important.

Drafting pitchers is a much riskier matter and a rather different game altogether.

College pitchers are a lot safer. High school arms are the huge risk. Every prospect is a risk as well. I think as of right now Beade is the front runner for the Cubs org.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
They will draft best available like they have been doing. If it's a pitcher then they take a pitcher. Personally I hope it is a pitcher, we could use some good arms in the system.

Liked Posts:
They should either draft Hoffman or Nola.

One of the reasons I like Nola is that he seems to have a decent fastball but his money maker pitch is his curve.