Blackhawks at Blues IGT 4/19 2 PM CT NBC

Who wins?

• Total voters

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;Z9tVMOA7JgA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Z9tVMOA7JgA[/video]

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
" Quote Originally Posted by The Bringer View Post
I have never seen a team get so lucky in crunch time."

Rewatch the last minute and a half of Game 6 of the Finals last season. I have never seen that happen at any level of hockey I have watched.... ever. And especially not one where a team won a Stanley Cup out of it.

I remember a few years ago Detroit had this crazy run of winning games in the last minute and it went on for decent amount of time. But that was regular season and certainly not in the Stanley Cup Finals. Hawks have had their fair share of breaks over the last few years so I got no bitch with how the Blues did what they did in these two games. Hawks gave them the first one and the officials handed them Game 2 on a platter. The fact they took advantage of it is what good teams do.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One more thought: is anyone else unimpressed by Ryan Miller's play in this series? The last thing I'm worried about right now is the Hawks' getting pucks past him.

Sitting in the stands, you probably guessed that Miller was out of position for the goals he allowed....but he wasn't. All three goals were redirects off his own players in front of him. I'm sure from the stands it looked like they were just blowing the puck by him. Not the case. I didn't see the redirects myself till the replays. It was something I brought up earlier before the game that the Blues were blocking a lot of shots in game one and none of them redirected to the goalie, always back in the shooters face. Things just evened up in game 2.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I remember a few years ago Detroit had this crazy run of winning games in the last minute and it went on for decent amount of time. But that was regular season and certainly not in the Stanley Cup Finals. Hawks have had their fair share of breaks over the last few years so I got no bitch with how the Blues did what they did in these two games. Hawks gave them the first one and the officials handed them Game 2 on a platter. The fact they took advantage of it is what good teams do.

Our guy Dave RTed this...

Elias reports StL first team in 37 yrs to win consecutive games in playoff series when trailing in final 2 mins. Phi did it vs. Tor in 1977

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Blackhawks fighting back. They didn't ask for this war.

And what did fighting back accomplish? Absolutely nothing. They had the lead, momentum in hand, and were shorthanded to boot.

"Fighting back" probably just cost them this series. As much as I love physical play in sports, teams and players can't afford to be stupid and reckless about it.

Seabrook's hit was reckless, and that I think is a big difference between his and Orpik's hit on Toews.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 0 and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 3. Really could fall anywhere inbetween. Not a good hit by Seabrook, he is a clean player who plays hard...just went over the line on that one. Backes isn't looking good, thinking no way he gets cleared to come back this game and we will see his status down the line. If he gets cleared to come back this game, then the NHL concussion protocol needs a good hard look - atleast based on what we saw on TV and how he could barely stand.

In my view.....Seabrooke should be out as long as Backus. And I am not blaming Seabrooke. The hit was excessive in a series full of them. And this goes back 5 years. These teams are killing each other out there and the refs are making it worse by calling penalties on the Hawks and not catching the blues on the cheap stuff. In fact, lots of cheap stuff both ways. Kieth and Seabrooke and Bickell were clearly hunting for chances all game, but not without reason. I can't watch games between these two and not understand where Seabrooke was coming from.

We have to hit back. We have to play nasty, they are trying to bully us. How we come out of this the bad guys is beyond me. It was unfortunate and we all hope Backus is ok, I for one don't want to win that way, but as for knocking the snot out of him when given a chance, we have to. We have to play the way they are playing.

I have to believe Seabrooke saw puck, saw head down, thought puck still there, in his head...."omg finally I'm going to kill him" thats the heat of battle. It was a golden chance if Backus hadn't bitched out or mishandled the puck there, or whatever happened, he should have had the puck. It was logical to assume he still did. It made no sense he left it behind him.

Why was his head still down? And the unfortunate aspect that Seabrook was taller or something, lined up elbow to head. It was a perfect storm of bad, but I really don't think Seabrooke takes a penalty on a penalty kill with 5 minutes left. No way he intended to get a penalty.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
"Fighting back" has always been a contextual question. You don't do it when you have no margin of error - that used to be the conventional wisdom ... or in other words - you would be a lot more likely to see whatever that stuff is in a blowout game and not a 1 goal margin game in the playoffs.

What is the actual message that you think is being 'sent'? That you want to start off with a 2 games to none disadvantage? If not- please check the results -as that is exactly what happened.