RB is a major need who are good prospects?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
RB is a need. a lower rated need then all of the defensive players but still a need.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Agree with the OP regarding both Carey and Grice.

However, anyone that thinks DAT is ever going to be more than - at best - a pure returner has not seen him play. He is a novelty/system guy, which is why he will end up in Philadelphia.

Thanked not for the agreement, (I appreciate it) but for the correct call on Thomas. Thomas is a joke who couldn't hang on to the starting job at Oregon. His attitude is another question I have about him as well. Not much commitment or work ethic in him.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah but we need an actually talented, young TE in this draft. Rosario could be cut any minute now. :lol:

[video=youtube;CDZZHM7aOls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDZZHM7aOls[/video]

would fix that and not be a bad pick imho. great blocker with some good rec skills

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
RB, in general, has lost its importance in the NFL, the Bears have a top 10 RB in his prime, and adequate if not quality back ups are available every year late in the draft, so calling RB a "major" need is histrionic. Why the need to start every thread with some hyperbolic statement or fake argument that no one has started? The subject of back up RB is of merit, but you invite the derailment of a football discussion by making football stupid statements in order to get thread views.

You bitch about people not discussing football, but constantly troll for non-football arguments. I guess it really isn't a mystery.

Last edited:

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;CDZZHM7aOls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDZZHM7aOls[/video]

would fix that and not be a bad pick imho. great blocker with some good rec skills

I was actually going to start a thread about him. He is my favorite TE prospect behind Ebron of course. I would love this pick for the Bears.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Actually, it is. We only have 2 RBs on the current roster. Forte is approaching that magic running back age where they fall off a cliff. I might argue that TE is the greater need though.

We will certainly need to be addressing RB before long. But we have Forte, and a backup, and RB is less significant in the NFL today than ever.

It is not a "major need" for a team with six picks that needs 2 DT's, 2 Safeties, a CB (or two) a backup TE, and could use help on the OLine for depth.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was actually going to start a thread about him. He is my favorite TE prospect behind Ebron of course. I would love this pick for the Bears.

agree completely second best te in this draft imo

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Thanked not for the agreement, (I appreciate it) but for the correct call on Thomas. Thomas is a joke who couldn't hang on to the starting job at Oregon. His attitude is another question I have about him as well. Not much commitment or work ethic in him.

The main issue is that he's not a RB. He's 174lbs soaking wet. He was moved off of RB by his college team. People want to compare him to Sproles because hes small, but Sproles still had 15lbs on him. Not to mention the fact it's on a 2 inch shorter frame. Not even close to the same size. If the Bears draft him it's to use him the same way they want to use Chris Williams. As a return man, slot WR and maybe some gimmick plays. At least it better be unless they want a perennially injured RB.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Ill also add, I don't think DAT is much of a football player either. He's a track guy playing football. It could work, but gotta be creative with him.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Ill also add, I don't think DAT is much of a football player either. He's a track guy playing football. It could work, but gotta be creative with him.

If he's a track guy (I know that's his rep) his track speed didn't show up at the combine. 4.50 40 at the combine, not slow but not blazing fast like you would expect from this kid given all we've heard is how fast he is over the last four years.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
so biff whats yer thoughts on sims?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Christ in Pads is still going to be the best player on the team for 2-3 more years. I like Ford enough to give him the ball in a backup role. Could probably get a shifty bit part/depth player in late rounds or UDFA.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
running back has always been a issue..matt did have a decent season under trest tho..his best since his rookie year

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
running back has always been a issue..matt did have a decent season under trest tho..his best since his rookie year

If by "issue" you mean "the only position on offense with real quality over the last 5-6 years until Emery got us some receivers", yes.

Although Olsen was pretty good, to be fair.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
RB is certainly a need. There are two on the roster. I'm pretty sure running backs get injured and Ford has proved absolutely nothing in the NFL. Adding Johnson would be nice. A UDFA or two would be great for camp. You have to give the ball to somebody in preseason.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
RB is certainly a need. There are two on the roster. I'm pretty sure running backs get injured and Ford has proved absolutely nothing in the NFL. Adding Johnson would be nice. A UDFA or two would be great for camp. You have to give the ball to somebody in preseason.

He hasn't been given a chance to. I think he's displayed enough skills to show that he deserves to get some action as the #2 back. He's probably better than the garbage we've had at #2RB recently.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
He hasn't been given a chance to. I think he's displayed enough skills to show that he deserves to get some action as the #2 back. He's probably better than the garbage we've had at #2RB recently.

doesn't mean we shouldn't draft a guy to compete with ford and help our depth out

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

He should get a fair chance at that role but we need another quality option. God forbid anything happens to Forte but if it does I want more than just Ford waiting in the wings.