RB is a major need who are good prospects?

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
[QUOTE

also his nicknames the weapon that's pretty dam cool[/QUOTE]

What round do they think Sims will go!?

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
RB is certainly a need. There are two on the roster. I'm pretty sure running backs get injured and Ford has proved absolutely nothing in the NFL. Adding Johnson would be nice. A UDFA or two would be great for camp. You have to give the ball to somebody in preseason.

adding anyone of the same position is disrespectful to forte

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
[QUOTE

also his nicknames the weapon that's pretty dam cool
ive seen anywhere from 2-4 so far

What round do they think Sims will go!?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I would say it's far from a major need. But I like Charles Sims.

He's a nice option that is going to cost a 4th round pick. If the first three picks are all D, I would have no problem with him in the 4th.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
id love to see him sitting there in the 4th and us take him

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know the redskins and giants have took a look at him and I think there was talk about the steelers as well not sure if the bears have him on their radar or not

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lynch isn't a great blocker. He's above average in that department and is limited as an athlete. I like his effort but no way is he the 2nd best TE prospect. I'm not saying he isn't worth a pick but he should still be around in the 4th round.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014positionreviewTE.php

RisWell

Liked Posts:
DAT is a track guy playing football Bwahahaaaaaa. DAT got some mofo skills and was actually a heavily recruited corner. Track guys don't make people miss @ the RB spot like DAT.

DAT is a football player with track speed. Been playing football before he even stepped on a track field.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Even UGA fans, who love the guy, would be shocked to hear he is the 2nd best TE option.
I'd hate to be a homer but TE Troy Niklas, Jenkins, Amaro. Problem is those guys will all be gone in the 2nd.
Troy Niklas is a converted DL/LB who is still improving since he is new to the position. But he's 270+lbs and can run. And can catch, and can block. Also rated in every category in the top 4(besides being an HB)

If the Bears do draft a TE, my money is on CJ. They've been scouting him for a while and will be available in the 4th. And the best blocker in the class.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/foot...for-bears-a-dream-come-true.html#.U1LFYPldW7M

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
DAT is a track guy playing football Bwahahaaaaaa. DAT got some mofo skills and was actually a heavily recruited corner. Track guys don't make people miss @ the RB spot like DAT.

DAT is a football player with track speed. Been playing football before he even stepped on a track field.

First time an NFL Strong Safety lights him up will be his last, it's no coincidence that the NFL is lacking in 178 lbs. RBs.

I don't know who/how/why anyone would compare DAT to Sproles, because Sproles' legs look wider than DAT's waist, and Sproles was running between the tackles in college. DAT has never met an opposing DT.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
running back is definitely a need. forte goes down we're looking at michael ford and another undrafted FA? need more then that. i think you'll see the bears take a RB in the 4th or 5th rounds. james white was brought in for a workout, i like him a lot.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This weeks podcast on footballguys.com "on the couch" episode was pretty good and they talked a whole bunch about the RB class.

EDIT - maybe it was the latest "audible live", it was one of the 2 :D

Last edited:

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
just wouldn't be a wasted pick imo all im saying really

I just think that it's so far down the list of needs that it isn't on the radar or priorities. Especially how much our offense has becoming a passing threat.

I disagree with the OP about RB being a major need.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Honestly, thinking about our current roster, I think RB is probably the second to last 'need' behind WR. I can't think of any position we don't need more than those.

OL could certainly use depth/talent at OT. Defensive across the board. Back up QB.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I just think that it's so far down the list of needs that it isn't on the radar or priorities. Especially how much our offense has becoming a passing threat.

I disagree with the OP about RB being a major need.

so forte and ford along with another undrafted FA is enough?

i don't see how that could be the case. RB is the biggest offensive need. i would expect a back in the 4th-6th rounds. if the bears trade down, you might even see them invest a 3rd in the position. forte has maybe one more year of being able to play 90% of the snaps on offense. this is the perfect time to get someone who can take carries from him now and groom to replace him in the near future. the draft isn't just about addressing immediate needs.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
so forte and ford along with another undrafted FA is enough?

i don't see how that could be the case. RB is the biggest offensive need. i would expect a back in the 4th-6th rounds. if the bears trade down, you might even see them invest a 3rd in the position. forte has maybe one more year of being able to play 90% of the snaps on offense. this is the perfect time to get someone who can take carries from him now and groom to replace him in the near future. the draft isn't just about addressing immediate needs.

Yeah, that's plenty imo. IDK, maybe spend a 6th rounder on one at most.

LOL at a 3rd rounder.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
running back is definitely a need. forte goes down we're looking at michael ford and another undrafted FA? need more then that. i think you'll see the bears take a RB in the 4th or 5th rounds. james white was brought in for a workout, i like him a lot.

We have positions where we are already in need even without an injury. RB is down the list of needs.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i'd love a short yardage beast later in the draft.