RB is a major need who are good prospects?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
they wont take him though in all my years of fandom they haven't yet taken a guy I wanted on the bears like this but I generally see one guy in every draft I really want the bears to get

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im a Charles Sims fan but this is one play....
ive watch him in Morgantown several times and watched him play all last season kids legit imo.

believe me its not just one play

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
they wont take him though in all my years of fandom they haven't yet taken a guy I wanted on the bears like this but I generally see one guy in every draft I really want the bears to get

In all honesty if they get a safety and the DT they want in the first two rounds they have some flexibility. I would love for them to take Sims or even Smallwood if he is available....I know Smallwood's not popular (that's what she said) but I think he could be a serviceable starter and Forte still has two years remaining.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
In all honesty if they get a safety and the DT they want in the first two rounds they have some flexibility. I would love for them to take Sims or even Smallwood if he is available....I know Smallwood's not popular (that's what she said) but I think he could be a serviceable starter and Forte still has two years remaining.
in reality even then the more pressin needs are mlb and cb imho but dam if I wouldn't love seein sims backing up and relieving forte would basicly be we got 2 fortes and how fuckin badass would that be

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i don't think we can go rb any earlier than the 4th. we have to get at least one DT, S and CB in the first three rounds, imo. a stud RB in the 4th, don't have a problem with that.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
i don't think we can go rb any earlier than the 4th. we have to get at least one DT, S and CB in the first three rounds, imo. a stud RB in the 4th, don't have a problem with that.

I have a sneaky feeling he wont be there in rnd 4 someone im guessing the bengals will snag him in the 3rd its a pipe dream imho but man I wish

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

depends, if there is an impact player of another position then I would take that player over a questionable player in a need area.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
I was a huge fan of Ford in college and he has done nothing to sour my feelings for him. He tore it up in the preseason last year and I'm excited to see him this preseason as well. I'd rather sign another FA as the third back.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
We could use a powerback for shortyardage this year. Doesn't have to be a giant, just powerful runner. I like:
ANDRE WILLIAMS.

Still, Forte can get injured. Nice to have a very good RB who doesn't have to be a powerback. I think these two RBs are really good fast, good vision powerful rushers, who the Bears will have access to:

Terrance West
Lache Seastrunk

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Common sense...

realTSapp
@realTSapp
@mikecwright Chances Bears draft a RB this draft to backup @MattForte22 ? #BearsMailBag
Apr. 18, 2014ReplyRetweetFavorite

@mikecwright: I think the chances are fairly high because right now there isn’t any experience on the roster behind Matt Forte, and the team isn’t just going to hand over the No. 2 job to Michael Ford without giving him some competition for it. If the Bears don’t draft a running back, they’ll sign an undrafted rookie or a veteran off the street because Forte and Ford are the only running backs on the entire roster. There’s no way the team can get through organized team activities, minicamps and training camp with just two running backs on the roster. So I think the Bears would look to add a running back in the later rounds and one or two more players at the position after the draft.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4691654/twitter-mailbag-current-roster-short-on-rbs?ex_cid=espnapi_public

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
depends, if there is an impact player of another position then I would take that player over a questionable player in a need area.

yes, depends where we are talking, for sure. but i have so many players ranked higher than most of the rbs, at DT, S, and CB, as well as LB, that i can't see taking a RB in the first three. anything is possible, for sure. but with so much depth at rb, with the bulk of the rbs ranked as later picks (second half of the draft) i think we can wait.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
yes, depends where we are talking, for sure. but i have so many players ranked higher than most of the rbs, at DT, S, and CB, as well as LB, that i can't see taking a RB in the first three. anything is possible, for sure. but with so much depth at rb, with the bulk of the rbs ranked as later picks (second half of the draft) i think we can wait.

It is possible that is the thought process of most teams and a lot of good RBs may fall to later rounds.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Matt Forte is heading into the final two years of his contract, he'll be 29 by season' s end he's getting old by RB standards plus no position can experience an extreme unexpected drop off in production quite like a RB. Granted Forte is coming off of a career year and shows no signs of slowing down but if Forte gets hurt (another strong possibility given the position) suddenly there's no on behind him worth a shit.

For me personally there are two running backs I like in this draft both of whom I've seen a lot of in their careers since I'm primarily a Pac-12 watcher. First would be Kadeem Carey from the UofA who I think plays much faster than his 40-yard dash/combine time would indicate. Carey has great anticipation, vision and explosion when he sees a crease. He's also very elusive and gets tough quality yards between the tackles.

Then there Marion Grice who is tough elusive rock solid between the tackles who,pushes the pile and probably has the best hands of any RB in the draft. In short Grice is a poor man's Matt Forte just not as explosive or fast. Grice is tricky for me to scout because he does so many things so well but his lack of that one extra dynamic gear makes me think he could totally flop in the NFL.

Both Grice and Carey were highly and consistently productive and could be mid round targets that turn into solid NFL running backs because they have a feel for the position. They're both natural, instinctive runners who get yards when you wouldn't expect there to be yards to get because of the chaos around them.

Bump

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Matt Forte is heading into the final two years of his contract, he'll be 29 by season' s end he's getting old by RB standards plus no position can experience an extreme unexpected drop off in production quite like a RB. Granted Forte is coming off of a career year and shows no signs of slowing down but if Forte gets hurt (another strong possibility given the position) suddenly there's no on behind him worth a shit.

For me personally there are two running backs I like in this draft both of whom I've seen a lot of in their careers since I'm primarily a Pac-12 watcher. First would be Kadeem Carey from the UofA who I think plays much faster than his 40-yard dash/combine time would indicate. Carey has great anticipation, vision and explosion when he sees a crease. He's also very elusive and gets tough quality yards between the tackles.

Then there Marion Grice who is tough elusive rock solid between the tackles who,pushes the pile and probably has the best hands of any RB in the draft. In short Grice is a poor man's Matt Forte just not as explosive or fast. Grice is tricky for me to scout because he does so many things so well but his lack of that one extra dynamic gear makes me think he could totally flop in the NFL.

Both Grice and Carey were highly and consistently productive and could be mid round targets that turn into solid NFL running backs because they have a feel for the position. They're both natural, instinctive runners who get yards when you wouldn't expect there to be yards to get because of the chaos around them.

Nice call!

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
BF51 how many of your guys has Emery taken? You may have to change your user name to BFF-Emery

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I have to give you credit @DanielCCSBears, the Bears end up drafting a lot of players you like. Unfortunately the majority of players you like end up being completely worthless sacks of shit. I've seen numerous posts of you boasting about how no one spends as much time watching college football as you and that you understand the fundamentals of football unlike anyone else and yet you still couldnt spot a good NFL RB if they took a handoff and ran it right up your ass.

Holy fuck you are terrible at this! If mods delete this then they hate Jewish people.