OT: Terrelle Pryor likely to be cut by the Raiders on Monday.

Should Chicago look into bringing in Pryor?

• I believe in Jordan Palmer (as a backup and would-be starter).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cobbland

Liked Posts:
Should Chicago bring him in once he's cut?

Report: Raiders to cut Terrelle Pryor if he's not traded

By Kevin Patra
Around the League writer
Published: April 19, 2014 at 02:34 p.m. Updated: April 19, 2014 at 04:19 p.m.

Terrelle Pryor can spend his Easter Sunday reminiscing on his brief three-year career in Oakland.

According to Fox Sports, the Raiders will cut the quarterback Monday if they cannot swing a trade.

As expected, one way or another, Pryor will not be part of the Raiders when the team opens up offseason workouts on Tuesday.

It previously was reported that the Raiders would try to trade Pryor. However, we suspected it was unlikely that any team would be willing to give up a draft pick for the dynamic but wildly inconsistent quarterback.

General manager Reggie McKenzie told reporters at the NFL Annual Meeting last month that Pryor asked to be let go. "Terrelle wants to start so bad," McKenzie said. "I'll visit with him. We'll talk to him."

The Raiders don't view Pryor as a backup behind Matt Schaub, so cutting ties with a player who doesn't sound like he wants to be there makes sense.

As for Pryor, he should be able to search for a home more suitable to his liking by the close of business Monday.

In the latest edition of the "Around The League Podcast," the guys discuss the 2014 NFL Draft with guru Bucky Brooks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ded?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

dj0cjz.gif

ridiculous.gif

tpeezy22.gif

terelle-pryor-stiffarm-landry-1.gif

PRY22.gif

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had to choose the last option because it was freaking hilarious.

I would not mind him here at all, but I think Chip Kelly's system could make the best use of him.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
We planning on running the Wish-Bone?

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I picked the last option mainly because he's SO different than Jay, you either have to change the offense if Jay were t go down and you had to bring him in or you have to expect Pryor to completely change how he plays. And neither is a very good option.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy fuck the raiders are one piece of shit organization

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I always wanted to use POS in a thread

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Personally I think we should bring in every QB that has more career interceptions than touchdowns, it worked out for us last year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We have enough WRs.

Pryor is not a QB, never has been.

QFFL

Liked Posts:
Nothing wrong to bring him in as a camp body. Let him compete for the backup spot.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't mind taking him on a short 1 yr or 2 yr cheap deal. Honestly, the more I contemplate, I don't forsee us taking a QB in the first 3-4 rounds. The only QB we can get by that time as a good project is either Logan Thomas or Tajh Boyd. I'd rather save the pick for another position player instead. I think if Pryor doesn't get the starting opportunity he wants, it would be smart to sit in Chicago and learn from Trestman on a short deal

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'd bring him in and groom him. jay's gone in 2-3yrs.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
you'd bring in anyone and groom him just to get rid of Cutler

.....I want a Qb who can (without excuses) take us deep into the playoffs on a consistent basis. Maybe you forgot this game is based on competition and winning.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
.....I want a Qb who can (without excuses) take us deep into the playoffs on a consistent basis. Maybe you forgot this game is based on competition and winning.

If you thank that's pryor your football acumen sucks.

Cutler will never be the big savior QB but you can win with him and occasionally because of him. The big win because of me QB is a rare breed and I don't think it Pryor.