OT: Terrelle Pryor likely to be cut by the Raiders on Monday.

Should Chicago look into bringing in Pryor?

• I believe in Jordan Palmer (as a backup and would-be starter).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If you thank that's pryor your football acumen sucks.

Cutler will never be the big savior QB but you can win with him and occasionally because of him. The big win because of me QB is a rare breed and I don't think it Pryor.

LOL...you said all this NOT ME. I'm just for bringing Pryor in and grooming him.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL...you said all this NOT ME. I'm just for bringing Pryor in and grooming him.

grooming for what a photo shoot?

here you go

AAAAC0LmlaYAAAAAAXXfOQ.jpg

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
What the fuck are the Raiders doing?

I thought Pryor looked good enough to give him more game time. Certainly looked like the most talented QB the Raiders have had since Rich Gannon.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

I thought Pryor looked good enough to give him more game time. Certainly looked like the most talented QB the Raiders have had since Rich Gannon.

see my earlier post about being a fucked up organization......they are constantly rotating HCs and staff that they can never seem to stick to a philosophy so each staff wants to bring in their players....its a pure shit show.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
why that pic? Why are PPL. like you so afraid to GROOM a Qb behind jay.

I have no problem picking up a QB behind Jay. In fact I recommend it....I just wouldn't choose Pryor.......

There are several this year I would select over him.

And when Pryor doesn't shave his head he has an afro....its small but its there......I thought it would be more appropriate than this....

baby_comb.jpg

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Pryor played better then I expected but definitely not starter.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I thought the same too. I mean, he should get some leeway since he has shit around him.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is probably why although I agree it doesn't make a whole lot of sense:

(Carson Palmer)
4/2/2013: Signed a three-year, $26 million contract. The deal contains $10 million guaranteed -- a $6 million signing bonus, Palmer's first-year base salary, and $2 million of his second-year salary. Another $4 million is available through incentives. Palmer's 2015 salary voids if he is on the roster five days after the 2014 Super Bowl. 2014: $8 million, 2015: $10 million (Voidable Year), 2016: Free Agent

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
This is probably why although I agree it doesn't make a whole lot of sense:

(Carson Palmer)
4/2/2013: Signed a three-year, $26 million contract. The deal contains $10 million guaranteed -- a $6 million signing bonus, Palmer's first-year base salary, and $2 million of his second-year salary. Another $4 million is available through incentives. Palmer's 2015 salary voids if he is on the roster five days after the 2014 Super Bowl. 2014: $8 million, 2015: $10 million (Voidable Year), 2016: Free Agent

Palmer's on the Cardinals now though. Didn't the Raiders just make an idiotic trade for Schaub and his salary?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Palmer's on the Cardinals now though. Didn't the Raiders just make an idiotic trade for Schaub and his salary?

omfg. you are right. I dyslexically misremembered he went from the cardinals to the raiders. I will never be an amateur scout. Sorry, lol.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
LOL, in your defense, the raiders suck and aren't worth noting personnel moves.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm eating some tequila glazed chicken wings and I scout da best grippers on da planet

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
All we need to do is draft the next Tom Brady.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:

After they traded for Schaub in order to overpay and avoid being under the cap (utter insanity) Pryor was demanding to be traded or cut. I'm sure no teams offered them anything knowing he'd be cut anyway. That is one truly dysfunctional football team.

For a hot minute I liked the idea of a backup qb with a different skill set. But when you suddenly change up the offensive play calling it's like going into a game without training camp or practice for the rest of the offensive players. One reason there wasn't much dropoff with McCown last year was they didn't have to change the game plan much for him and they could stay in rhythm.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
After they traded for Schaub in order to overpay and avoid being under the cap (utter insanity) Pryor was demanding to be traded or cut. I'm sure no teams offered them anything knowing he'd be cut anyway. That is one truly dysfunctional football team.

For a hot minute I liked the idea of a backup qb with a different skill set. But when you suddenly change up the offensive play calling it's like going into a game without training camp or practice for the rest of the offensive players. One reason there wasn't much dropoff with McCown last year was they didn't have to change the game plan much for him and they could stay in rhythm.

You wouldn't have to change anything. Just let TP learn the damn playbook like any other Qb. I don't get this "change everything" misconception.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Terrell Pryor stinks.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pryor looked decent his first few games but its all been downhill from there. Not sure if he is even worth grooming since the guy has been comments made that he isn't one to listen to coaching. Pass on him.

chefbear65

Liked Posts:
I picked the last option mainly because he's SO different than Jay, you either have to change the offense if Jay were t go down and you had to bring him in or you have to expect Pryor to completely change how he plays. And neither is a very good option.
Why would the offense have to be changed? Pryor is very talented. He's got a live arm and has actually displayed fairly consistent ball placement. He was always known to be a developmental prospect. He's legitimately elite in every physical aspect for a QB. He's the perfect test for the so called 'QB guru' as its conceivable that any flaws in Pryor's game can be ironed out. The sky is the limit.

Think about it, Josh Freeman was considered enough to be worked out. Is he any worse a passer than that scrub? I can totally see them bringing him to compete with Palmer.