My First Post/Bears Mock Draft

ryneteem23

Liked Posts:
I am an avid Chicago Bears fan and have been wanting to get involved in a forum lately.

I also am a huge NFL draft enthusiast and love talking mock drafts, prospects, and most importantly, the guys that SHOULD be added to the Bears roster every year.

So I'll go ahead and start this off by posting my selections for the Bears for this 2014 Draft:

1. Aaron Donald-DT-Pitt
2. Deone Bucannon-S-Washington State
3. Stanley-Jean Baptiste-CB-Nebraska
4. Charles Sims-RB-West Virginia
5. Brock Vareen-S-Minnesota
6. Max Bullough-ILB-Michigan State
6. Colt Lyerla-TE-Oregon

Let me know what you think of my picks for the Bears!!!! Excited to talk Chicago Bear football with you guys!

Bear Down!

MontanaBear

Liked Posts:
I would be pretty pumped with this draft for the Bears. I am huge fan of Donald as is a lot of people on this board. Welcome!

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
nice mock would be a great one imo

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am an avid Chicago Bears fan and have been wanting to get involved in a forum lately.

I also am a huge NFL draft enthusiast and love talking mock drafts, prospects, and most importantly, the guys that SHOULD be added to the Bears roster every year.

So I'll go ahead and start this off by posting my selections for the Bears for this 2014 Draft:

1. Aaron Donald-DT-Pitt
2. Deone Bucannon-S-Washington State
3. Stanley-Jean Baptiste-CB-Nebraska
4. Charles Sims-RB-West Virginia
5. Brock Vareen-S-Minnesota
6. Max Bullough-ILB-Michigan State
6. Colt Lyerla-TE-Oregon

Let me know what you think of my picks for the Bears!!!! Excited to talk Chicago Bear football with you guys!

Bear Down!

I don't like Bullough's limited upside.....I don't see him as every being a decent starter in the NFL. I have no problem with any of the other selections.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Welcome.

That would be the ideal scenario if everything lined up right.

It probably will not happen with all 3 top selections going before they are picked in your draft. But if it fell than way I would consider it a massive success.

ryneteem23

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I see what you're saying about Bullough...maybe those later round picks should have more upside. I thought about giving the Bears Christian Jones in Round 4....but I REALLY want Charles Sims.

ryneteem23

Liked Posts:
Welcome.

That would be the ideal scenario if everything lined up right.

It probably will not happen with all 3 top selections going before they are picked in your draft. But if it fell than way I would consider it a massive success.

Thanks! I guess this is the one I've been dreaming of...I keep trying to lie to myself and say Deone Bucannon will be there in round 2.

ryneteem23

Liked Posts:
I would be pretty pumped with this draft for the Bears. I am huge fan of Donald as is a lot of people on this board. Welcome!

Yeah, it's almost an unrealistic scenario the more I think about it. Bucannon's stock is supposedly gaining steam...seems like we have lots of Strong Safeties too. I'm pretty high on Terrance Brooks...think he would still be around Round 3?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Welcome to CCS. Nice mock.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would be very happy if it the draft were to play out like this :)

Welcome to CCS.

GSH1919

Liked Posts:
First two picks are pretty much perfect and my ideal scenario at this point. The Bears weakness on D is up the middle at this point and Donald/Bucannon would be two ideal young pieces to build with going forward.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I see what you're saying about Bullough...maybe those later round picks should have more upside. I thought about giving the Bears Christian Jones in Round 4....but I REALLY want Charles Sims.

I would not even use a pick on Bullough...I would select an athletic player you need to mold like another CB WR or T......

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would have to change my shorts after that draft.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kevin Norwood?

he doesn't excite me in a particular area.....In later rounds I would look for guys that are just beasts in one area like a speed guy that could contribute on special teams....Dri Archer comes to mind