Brent Seabrook called for phone hearing

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I will only say this....not a smart move by Seabrook given the score and clock factor. But his hit is absolutely no different than the hit by Oprik that not only went unpunished but didn't even draw a penalty. It's so similar, its almost scary. It's the first thing I'd bring up if I represented Seabrook.

[video=youtube;g40tHUaQX1s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g40tHUaQX1s[/video]

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[video=youtube;VB0KB6wD9JM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB0KB6wD9JM[/video]

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I will only say this....not a smart move by Seabrook given the score and clock factor. But his hit is absolutely no different than the hit by Oprik that not only went unpunished but didn't even draw a penalty. It's so similar, its almost scary. It's the first thing I'd bring up if I represented Seabrook.

[video=youtube;g40tHUaQX1s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g40tHUaQX1s[/video]

I disagree. The primary point of contact was on the shoulder on the Toews hit. It was the head on the Backes hit.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I disagree. The primary point of contact was on the shoulder on the Toews hit. It was the head on the Backes hit.

Are you saying Toews didn't get a shoulder to his head? It doesn't make any difference how you get there....an air born shot to the head is a shot to the head.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Are you saying Toews didn't get a shoulder to his head? It doesn't make any difference how you get there....an air born shot to the head is a shot to the head.

Through the shoulder to the head is far different than a hit that makes direct contact with the head.

Toews left the ice clutching at his shoulder. Backes couldn't stand up on his skates after the hit. That's the difference and it's a huge one.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Through the shoulder to the head is far different than a hit that makes direct contact with the head.

Toews left the ice clutching at his shoulder. Backes couldn't stand up on his skates after the hit. That's the difference and it's a huge one.

why didn't Backus have the puck though? Did he bitch out or mishandle it? What happened there? and why head still down, was it a set up play? Seabrooke went for the big hit, but no way he went for the cheap shot, we were out there trying to hang tough til the end. They set the tone, and we matched it.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
why didn't Backus have the puck though? Did he bitch out or mishandle it? What happened there? and why head still down, was it a set up play? Seabrooke went for the big hit, but no way he went for the cheap shot, we were out there trying to hang tough til the end. They set the tone, and we matched it.

And that's why the Hawks lost. They shouldn't match the "tone" set by the Blues.

They should skate circles around the Blues and light up Miller. That's how the Hawks have set the tone in the past 6-7 years. It's worked pretty damn well.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
This is just the Hawks/Canucks rivalry all over again. Same plot, different cast.

The only difference is the Hawks didn't resort to stupid tactics like these against the Canucks. Ya know what the result was? Two Stanley Cups in Chicago, none in Vancouver and a franchise that's currently in total chaos.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
And that's why the Hawks lost. They shouldn't match the "tone" set by the Blues.

They should skate circles around the Blues and light up Miller. That's how the Hawks have set the tone in the past 6-7 years. It's worked pretty damn well.

This is just the Hawks/Canucks rivalry all over again. Same plot, different cast.

The only difference is the Hawks didn't resort to stupid tactics like these against the Canucks. Ya know what the result was? Two Stanley Cups in Chicago, none in Vancouver and a franchise that's currently in total chaos.

I used to argue with you about this, but after yesterday's reckless play by Seabrook, I've seen the light. Brainless hits have no place in sports, and when my teams resort to that garbage while winning late in games, is inexcusable.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I used to argue with you about this, but after yesterday's reckless play by Seabrook, I've seen the light. Brainless hits have no place in sports, and when my teams resort to that garbage while winning late in games, is inexcusable.

I'm not against playing a physical brand of hockey by any means but it's not what the Hawks are built for. They're built to play a puck-possession game.

Guys like Seabrook have the ability to throw big hits and I love it as much as anyone. But not when it takes them out of position or when it puts the Hawks shorthanded.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

THAT.....is why the NHL continues to be bush and why they are an embarrassment. Because one guy fortunately "only" has a dislocated shoulder...NO PROBLEM!! No penalty, no fine, no suspension. But because the other guy turns his head into the check and gets his bell rung.....get the lynch mob out!! Major, misconduct, suspension and his first born!!!

patg006

Liked Posts:
THAT.....is why the NHL continues to be bush and why they are an embarrassment. Because one guy fortunately "only" has a dislocated shoulder...NO PROBLEM!! No penalty, no fine, no suspension. But because the other guy turns his head into the check and gets his bell rung.....get the lynch mob out!! Major, misconduct, suspension and his first born!!!

I think you might want to start with understanding the long term consequences of a dislocated shoulder and a serious concussion before you start pointing fingers at the league for being bush and an embarrassment.

I haven't heard of anyone committing suicide because of the long term impact of a dislocated shoulder.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not against playing a physical brand of hockey by any means but it's not what the Hawks are built for. They're built to play a puck-possession game.

Guys like Seabrook have the ability to throw big hits and I love it as much as anyone. But not when it takes them out of position or when it puts the Hawks shorthanded.

That was the other problem with the hit. With a one goal lead on a penalty kill we shouldn't have had 2PLAYERS!!! behind their goalie. If that puck gets cleared past Seabrook even if he makes the hit its 4-2 the other way. what was he doing in that situation that late in a game? Keith and Seabrooke and Bickell were mad bro.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wheel of justice continues.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think you might want to start with understanding the long term consequences of a dislocated shoulder and a serious concussion before you start pointing fingers at the league for being bush and an embarrassment.

I haven't heard of anyone committing suicide because of the long term impact of a dislocated shoulder.

Another guy who doesn't get it.

Watch from the :30 point of the video and tell me Toews head doesn't get rattled around both by Oprik's forearm and the boards. I don't give a shit where the hit started...it's where it finished. Toews was fortunate enough not to get a head injury....real fortunate. On the Backes hit from the :05 point, you see Backes turns his head right into the check....that's the only difference between the two hits, if he doesn't do that, he's getting pounded on the shoulder but who's to say he gets away as lucky as Toews did?

Basically the same hit but Backes injury is more serious....that's the criteria they use for punishment? One guy get zip, the other 3 playoff games?

That is only one of the reasons why the NHL ranks closer to soccer than to NFL football....bad officiating and worse upper management.