Brent Seabrook called for phone hearing

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
The point I think many are missing here is that the Blues were the team taking all the cheap shots early.

They were hooking, high hitting, boarding, hipping guys without the puck, and cross checking all over the place.

The refs burried their whistles and looked the other way.

The Hawks came out in the 2nd period and matched that play style - and won the period. But the refs had stopped looking the other way. Kane was whistled for an interference when he clearly did not interfere - and more - actually pulled up so as to not interfere.

The Hawks were a man (or 2) down for over 30 minutes in that game when they were clearly not the aggressors. They had a man in the box 39 of the first 60 minutes.

While the Seabrook hit was the right call by the refs, 3 games to a guy who has never been suspended a single game in his career is ridiculous.

One of the things that you all should note is how the announcers were noting how "chippy" we were after the first period when they had 12 hits and we had a grand total of 4... Basically, they were reciting a script.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
The reason that it -wasn't- the same hit is - a the officials on the spot called nothing in Pittsburgh.

In StL it was a major and a 10 minute misconduct. Big difference.

Plus this ignores the fact that it should never have happened given the context of the game and the series as well (give the other team a 2 man advantage for 46 seconds, and then on top it all is finish the rest of the game shorthanded) ... the fact that the Hawks nearly did it is credit to the team *but* they should never have been in that position in the first place). --- it was extremely stupid ... the worst possible timing, and completely undisciplined -especially coming from a veteran defenseman who has been on 2 Stanley Cup winning teams and a couple of first round exits.

Or put more simply, Seabrook, with his head up his ass, didn't apparently realize where he sits on the team's depth chart. Would you rather have him in the lineup or Brookbank/Rundblad? If you don't know the answer to that one - then there is no actual point to continuing with the discussion.

The sad fact is that the Hawks have had every chance to be up 2 games to none in this series -but are beating themselves in ways I did not think that they could consistently do.... oh, yeah and give StL a lot of credit. Yeah sure it is chippy et al, but they still had to come back... twice ... not that easy to do --- but made easier when you gift them opportunities by playing undisciplined hockey.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Has anyone seen one person out of Chicago complain about the Seabrook hit, say it was a clean hit, say that 3 games is extreme? I know I sure haven't. Could be a reason for that. Could be because it was a clear head shot, not a good hit, and that 3 games (while on the high end of my guess) is fair...even in the playoffs. Have to be responsible for your actions. Sure, things happened that might have made the hit look "worse" but Seabrook was the one who delivered a high, hard hit to the head. Principal point of contact...it is extremely important when looking at this hit (ESPECIALLY when trying to compare the Orpik hit to it...which isn't close).

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Has anyone seen one person out of Chicago complain about the Seabrook hit, say it was a clean hit, say that 3 games is extreme? I know I sure haven't. Could be a reason for that. Could be because it was a clear head shot, not a good hit, and that 3 games (while on the high end of my guess) is fair...even in the playoffs. Have to be responsible for your actions. Sure, things happened that might have made the hit look "worse" but Seabrook was the one who delivered a high, hard hit to the head. Principal point of contact...it is extremely important when looking at this hit (ESPECIALLY when trying to compare the Orpik hit to it...which isn't close).

If the league does not wish to see players commit dumb penalties out of frustration, then perhaps they need to call better games.

These officials have sucked on both ends.

For this reason, should have been 1-2 games.

Oh, my fault...that would involve the NHL actually admitting a mistake.

Nevermind.:lol:

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
If the league does not wish to see players commit dumb penalties out of frustration, then perhaps they need to call better games.

Reffing has been fine. These are the NHL playoffs. People whining about Backes, Ott, etc slashing, hitting, etc. These are the PLAYOFFS. Plenty of Blackhawks are taking runs, slashing, etc Blues players. The Blues are a physical team, that is part of what makes them go and what makes them a pretty damn successful team up to this point.

The only player who crossed the line in this series has been Seabrook. NHL got it right and the league certainly didn't have anything to do with Seabrook's hit...that was all Seabrook.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Feels like I've watched a completely different series than you have.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
So apparently Backes asked Toews to fight immediately after that Seabrook hit on Saturday. That's what Toews is telling the media now after the morning skate. Good Lord.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah.....you could see that. Toews is a guy almost everyone at least respects and he was over there representing his team. Backes was just looking for what happened, he saw the first blackhawk in his face and just thought that was the culprit. He was totally lost

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kane could have of fought Backes and won with one punch.... dude couldn't stand on his own, that hit was brutal.

He reminded me of an MMA fighter who gets knocked da fuck out and then wakes up right afterwords and jumps up like "Nah I'm good, lets keep going" but they can't stay standing without the ref holding on to them.

All the commentary they called him a "Warrior" for getting right back in the face of the Blackhawks..... mkay, sure.... he probably couldn't tell you what state he was in, but he sure was a "Warrior".... no offense to Backes, just funny how the media has to paint everything for more drama.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
All the commentary they called him a "Warrior" for getting right back in the face of the Blackhawks..... mkay, sure.... he probably couldn't tell you what state he was in, but he sure was a "Warrior".... no offense to Backes, just funny how the media has to paint everything for more drama.

THIS.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Whether or not the # of games is correct, you can't make that hit there. Don't put your team in a position to fail...