Salary Cap to increase $5 million!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Could be great news. A good chunk of the league that we're competing with in the top tier has cap issues right now. So everyone gets a bit of a break here. But it only makes sense to me, if the NBA wants to enforce the 14 man minimum roster soon, as once rumored, then the league needed to increase the cap further than expected.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Definitely good for our chances of landing Melo :)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Definitely good for our chances of landing Melo :)

or for keeping Dunleavy and bring over Mirotic. With Rose back we could quickly become a dangerous 3-point shooting team to help spread the floor even more for Noah.

I think we always talked about spreading the floor for Rose, but I think if you can for Noah is when you start to see those triple doubles because it opens up his demonic passing ability.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
or for keeping Dunleavy and bring over Mirotic. With Rose back we could quickly become a dangerous 3-point shooting team to help spread the floor even more for Noah.

I think we always talked about spreading the floor for Rose, but I think if you can for Noah is when you start to see those triple doubles because it opens up his demonic passing ability.

The screen and pick and roll game with Rose, Noah, and Mirotic will be special. Truthfully, I do not know how anyone would be able to guard them without fouling. If they also can add a Stauskus or Saric with Butler, that offense would be tremendous.

Then that doesn't even factor in if they sign Carmelo. That creates an entire different set of options where the Bulls would draft a center and shooting guard (assuming they can bring Mirotic in).

All that I know is that I LOVE the current team and the way they play.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
The screen and pick and roll game with Rose, Noah, and Mirotic will be special. Truthfully, I do not know how anyone would be able to guard them without fouling. If they also can add a Stauskus or Saric with Butler, that offense would be tremendous.

Then that doesn't even factor in if they sign Carmelo. That creates an entire different set of options where the Bulls would draft a center and shooting guard (assuming they can bring Mirotic in).

All that I know is that I LOVE the current team and the way they play.

Realistically, if the Bulls sign Melo I don't see how they can sign Mirotic too. Am I mistaken?

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:

Adding more 3 point shooting to go along with our stars(Rose, assuming he's healthy, Noah) won't win us a title. I love Rose and he's my all time favorite player already but teams just don't win with PGs leading in scoring. Case in point, yesterday they showed a graphic during the Warriors Clippers game last night. GS record with Curry scoring 20+ was like 28-24, scoring under 20 it was like 26-4. Plus that 3 point shooting isn't going to help when Rose won't be able to create cause they put LeBron on him.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Realistically, if the Bulls sign Melo I don't see how they can sign Mirotic too. Am I mistaken?

Couldn't they just give him the MLE, after we got Melo? Adrian Wojanowski(spelling?) had reported that Mirotic is only looking for 4-5 million a year.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

No, that's right. It can be done, but it requires moving a lot of valuable pieces. Pieces that might be far more valuable to this team in the long run.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
No, that's right. It can be done, but it requires moving a lot of valuable pieces. Pieces that might be far more valuable to this team in the long run.

like who? taj?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
like who? taj?

Well, if we move Taj, and have no replacement. That's a problem because Taj plays both 4 and 5 spots. But no, that's not who I was thinking of. Nor would I plan anything based on a SF playing the 4 in the past, because the league is starting to see more bigs trend in, after a few years of top heavy drafts dominated by quality guards.

czman

Liked Posts:
Couple of the things:

Projection from an anonymous source should not carry much weight. It is based on the revenue increase in the league completely and my guess is they don't know how much money they made yet.

Also a rising tide raises all ships. This could make a much bigger difference to Teams like the Lakers and Mavericks. It could even make a difference to what the Heat can do if they stay together.

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
I also love our team, with that said I would try to trade a combination of Boozers expiring contract, a draft pick and Mirotic for Carmello, or Kevin Love. Everyone knows our weakness is scoring and this has to be addressed this coming offseason/draft. NO MORE EXCUSES. Even with Rose back and healthy, we gotta get that other dynamic scorer.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I think that they can do both if Mirotic and especially Melo don't get greedy. If Melo comes aboard, then Dunleavy, Hinrich, and possibly Gibson and Augustin will probably have to go along with amnestying Boozer. The additional cap room next year will help. They know that they are going to get four good young players next year and possibly more if they trade Gibson and Dunleavy for younger players and/or draft picks.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I think that they can do both if Mirotic and especially Melo don't get greedy. If Melo comes aboard, then Dunleavy, Hinrich, and possibly Gibson and Augustin will probably have to go along with amnestying Boozer. The additional cap room next year will help. They know that they are going to get four good young players next year and possibly more if they trade Gibson and Dunleavy for younger players and/or draft picks.

You can't blame a guy for wanting his market value. To be fair, how much less can you really expect Melo to take? 5 million less per year? 10 million? Even if the Bulls paid him the max they could offer Melo he would still be walking away from 30 plus million dollars. Not many people can do that.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can't blame a guy for wanting his market value. To be fair, how much less can you really expect Melo to take? 5 million less per year? 10 million? Even if the Bulls paid him the max they could offer Melo he would still be walking away from 30 plus million dollars. Not many people can do that.

I don't know how much less he'd take. Other players who wanted to win championship(s) have taken significantly less in order to play for a good team. We mere mortals don't know what goes into these players minds when it comes to money. Either way it is certainly a big time ego trip. I will make the most money or I will win a lot of championships. When I look at Melo, I see a guy who has been regulated to a 2nd tier super-star. He is not going to win anything in NY.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

LeBron, Wade and Bosh all took less.

maxdosres23

Liked Posts:

This is also my opinion. Love spreading the floor and playing through Noah