1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Have we met with Ward ?
We have met with Buchanon

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Change the player to Hageman, Tuitt or Jernigan.

The idea of moving up is not a bad one if we get 2 day 1 building blocks.

I also do not think Pryor or HCD get past 20.

Lions
Rams
Bears
cowboys
Ravens
Cardinals

All need safety.

True. But there is other talent to be had and other needs to fill as well. And there is no accounting for how teams grade guys.

Also, it depends how they have the 2nd round safeties graded.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Don't like moving up for Nix at all. Not really big on Nix period.

Now, if Donald was on the board at 14 and Emery took him and then moved back into the first and also picked up Pryor I'd be pretty happy with that.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Now, if Donald was on the board at 14 and Emery took him and then moved back into the first and also picked up Pryor I'd be pretty happy with that.

I would love that...

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

Now that would be great. I would be happy with one of Donald or Pryor but I would give up the rest of the draft to have both.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Now that would be great. I would be happy with one of Donald or Pryor but I would give up the rest of the draft to have both.

lol I am big on both of them, I think they are 2 players that have a chance to be something special, but I don't know if I'd give up the rest of the draft for the two of them. That's mostly because I'm still holding out hope for a QB pick.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
lol I am big on both of them, I think they are 2 players that have a chance to be something special, but I don't know if I'd give up the rest of the draft for the two of them. That's mostly because I'm still holding out hope for a QB pick.

I agree, I would be thrilled with both players but there is no way I trade the rest of the draft for them. Too many needs...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Would people be okay dangling next years 1st?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The only trading up I would like to see is something similar to what Emery did for Jeffery. If we get Donald in the first, it might be necessary to trade up a little in the second for a good Safety.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I am under the impression that Nix doesn't make it past the Chargers at pick #25, because he would make a great NT for them. I think I am far more content with keeping the picks and taking what we can get.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
don't trade out 2015 first.

but yeah, i think due to a thin safety class if we took HHCD/Pryor at #14 and then traded back into the first to get somebody like Hageman, i'd be thrilled. or the opposite, taking Donald at #14 and then trading back up to get Bucannon, Ward or Brooks. i doubt a good safety falls to #51. i think we can still nab a stud CB in the 3rd, if we don't trade that pick, somebody like McGill. i'd rather have three REALLY GOOD picks and lose a pick or two, then move back and take the 5th-10th best at each position of need. there is a drop off in various tiers at S/CB/DT, with DT showing the most depth, IMO.

Liked Posts:

Oh God no. Why can't we just draft a kid, be it Donald or even Ealy, that has proven he can rush the QB based on a history of doing so from a position that requires him to rush the QB, in spite of both players being chipped & doubled all year, without reaching for Pryor or mortgaging the future for the next BJ Raji? Nix is not the next Dontari Poe & if he was I'm pretty sure one of the better DC's in college football at N.D. would have caught on to it while he worked with him for 3 seasons.

Or take HCD, & if that doesn't work just take a player worth the 14th pick. If a kid like Ebron is on the board at 14, & Donald or HCD are off the board, he'd be a steal. Instead of reaching for a kid like Pryor, who's probably going to go sooner than he should because of the shortage of safeties in the draft, not because he's actually worth the 14th pick. Or mortgaging the future for a NT that hasn't proven beyond "flashes" that he's a consistent presence as a pass rushing threat.

The sad thing is, I would almost bet that Emery is probably going to reach for anyone of Nix, Hageman or Pryor at 14, & we'll end up with the same crap recipe/crap defenses that Tucker ran in Jacksonville for 3 out of 4 seasons. Why would anyone want anything that resembles the garbage Tucker ran in Florida, let alone reach at 14, & give away extra picks to do so? Jeeze...Take one of Donald, HCD, & they're off the board go for the BPA, which IMO is not Nix, Pryor or Hageman at #14.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Hell no. Hell fucking no.

I say take a safety at 14. (one of the top two will be there)

Pick DT second round and 3rd round. Problem solved. There are plenty of good DT's available after the first.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wouldn't call taking Pryor at 14 necessarily a reach considering to some he is better than Clinton-Dix but either of those guys at the 14th pick would certainly not make me believe they were reaches. Sure I would rather have Aaron Donald at 14 but if we end up with either of those safeties at 14 instead I won't be mad.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
wouldn't they be better off to trade back to like 25 or 30 and gain a 2nd or 3rd rnd pick then take buccannon in the first and be set to take two very good players in the second or 3rd? im not say to do this im just curious if that wouldn't be more beneficial than trading up because odds are there would be a good dt in the second yes?

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Bucky Brooks from NFL.com has his updated 2 round draft out. He has the Bears taking Donald at 14 over Pryor and Ward at 51 with both Tuitt and Nix still on the board at 51. So if Brooks is correct, would you want Donald and Ward or Pryor paired with Tuitt or Nix without giving up any picks?

Link below...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000341602/article/mock-draft-50-jadeveon-clowney-aj-mccarron-to-texans

Donald and Nix together on the interior....sploosh. Imagine having Houston/Donald/Nix signed to the team for the next 5 years... wow. I wouldn't hesitate to go back-to-back DTs in the first two rounds if value like that fell to us. Although Ward would also be good value at 51.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The Bears have 2 glaring needs on defence that will impact the 2014 season before he ball is snapped week 1, and that is S and DT.

These positions are still serious weaknesses after free agency. So I ask the question would you be upset if Emery moved aggressively to fill those 2 needs to with top talent?

An example

1[14] S Calvin Pryor [Louisville]

The Bears get a versatile safety with a ton if upside who starts week 1 of the season.

The Bears could trade 2[51], 4[117] and 2[2015] to move up as high as 29 if one of the top 4 DTs falls.

1[29] DT Louis Nix [[Notre Dame]

The Bears 2 biggest needs are filled by top talents that should start and provide immediate upgrades week 1 at their biggest positions of need.
I wouldn't because we can get a day one starting DT and S if we stay at 14 and 51.