Bluray of 90s Bulls?

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone know of a good bluray with maybe some good resolution footage of the bulls and jordan? Been in my basement(see sig) watching the bulls in the playoffs and it dawned on me how awesome it would be to watch the greatest team of all time in HD on my projector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
They weren't filmed in HD, so you wont benefit from watching them on bluray. The NBA started a project to restore the archives from master recordings in 2006, but that project side-tracked a bit when the league refocused energy at acquiring all of the lost recordings. When SportsVision was rolled into SportsChannel in the late 90s, a lot of the archives were transfered back to the NBA. And the NBA released a handful of DVDs.

Some people think user shared content put a halt onto the project to restore the footage. I think the NBA is just waiting on backlogging their cloud league-pass VoD services, and may not release videos in real HD, just lossy-compressed oversampled HD videos online. We as fans would have to wait until the NBA's distribution contracts with Sports Illustrated and ESPN Classic expire allow them to establish this network.

The good news is you can still get the DVD's of key games throughout Jordan's career, and the quality is still better than what we saw aired on TV live.
Like Ultimate Jordan, Learning to Fly, Bulls Essentials, Dynasty Series, and Jordan to the Max.