Level Of Concern?

JordanSanders1991

Liked Posts:
Down 2-0 with Game 3 tomorrow. On a scale of 1-10, how concerned are you? 1 being "Nah I'm all good" to "YEP, WE'RE DONE"

I'm probably in between at 5. The only real concern of mine is that Kane has the only goal scored by a Hawks forward and the now known fact that Seabrook is gone for 3 games

Other than that, I'm iffy

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah....I wonder how Toews shoulder is. I'm at a 7, but if we win game 3 I will be at a 4. And we win both at home, neutral.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Probably a 5, because I think losing Backes is going to be a HUGE blow to the Blues.

People can try and play up the narrative of the Blues "playing for Backes" but I'm sure the Hawks tried real hard to "play for Hossa" after Torres leveled him a few years ago.

jcrab66

Liked Posts:
Is Backes out? I thought I read somewhere that he passed the concussion protocol. If that's the case what is he out for because while I am certain he got his bell rung, I am not seeing anything else that would keep him out

Sent from the media deck using Tapatalk

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Im concerned defcon 8 Hawks look tired from playoff runs the last 3 or 4 years injuries and a lack of focus. I think its wait till next year boys

dabearsjjk

Liked Posts:
7 - This is a huge game, if we lose this we are 90% done (I said this last year against the wings)

If we win I will go down to a 5.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Is Backes out? I thought I read somewhere that he passed the concussion protocol. If that's the case what is he out for because while I am certain he got his bell rung, I am not seeing anything else that would keep him out

I'll update if I see anything official today, but there's no fucking way he should play.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll update if I see anything official today, but there's no fucking way he should play.

Game 3 of the Western Conference First Round series between the St. Louis Blues and Chicago Blackhawks was Sunday, one thing is certain: Blues captain David Backes would not be playing in it.

Backes, who was injured on a hit by Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook with 4:51 remaining in the third period, did not take the ice Sunday at the Blues' training facility inside the Ice Zone at St. Louis Outlet Mall for an optional skate.

"All I know is he's upright and that's about it right now," Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said. "We don't have any further information and probably won't have until late [Monday]."

Backes, who did not return to the game, missed time earlier this season with concussion-like symptoms. The Blues didn't disclose the extent of the injury and Hitchcock would not rule Backes out for Game 3 on Monday in Chicago.

As of 9AM CST this morning.

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
There's no way backes is going to play today. His brain was rattled around in his head. I'm not convinced he will be back the rest of the series. That hit was brutal. My concern at this point is probably a 6.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
7 - This is a huge game, if we lose this we are 90% done (I said this last year against the wings)

If we win I will go down to a 5.

Technically, down 2-0 we are 86% done. We know better with the team we have though. I'd say defending champs should get a benefit of the doubt, and until we are truly in trouble I saw true odds are closer to 50%. If we go down 3-1 its a true 95% though, and 3-0 would be 99% done.

cooked. Lets see how we come out, we still have our home ice to make a statement about this series. With two OT's already in the books and tons of drama we are a blackhawks 2 game winning streak away from a legendary series. I'm watching the other playoff games and its nothing like this. Not even Boston vs Detroit is like this.

This is some of the best hockey I have seen, and some of the most brutal. I'm proud of these hawks, they were 6 seconds from proving once again they are the toughest team in hockey pound for pound. 1-1 with Backus out would have been massive momentum, and once again stolen and this team has to dig deeper than most teams in history can.

Every ounce of fight these guys have against a bigger more physical opponent is testament to courage and championship hearts all around. Yes our young guys look old, and our old guys look blitzed, and Crawford having some issues with rebounds and we lost discipline, but these guys are battle tested.

This team is the best show in sports right now. Win or lose I know we are going down swinging tonight, skating, shooting, and playing all out our most brilliant hockey of the year becauase that is who we are.

Lots to look forward to, I ain't even worried about the future. we will get more tough guys up here like Johns to protect the skill players. Seabrook needs to stay, what a boss. But Keith, Seabrook, Leddy, Johns, Oduya, Jharmolson(oh hell, fuck it) is a nice back end future, and the progression of Tuevo/Morin something to look forward to. fuck Hayes, if he's a bitch crying about his brother we don't want him. If he gets it together and earns it, fine. We have plenty of answers.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
No concern whatsoever ... they play, I watch (well not today ... wrong schedule for me ...) but the point is - nothing that happens out there actually impacts me one bit ... win or lose. It is a sport, and I am a passive participant.

If you go about getting overly involved you end up feeding the entire 'soap opera' marketing narrative scheme that some like to set up. The 85 Bears were really bad in that respect (not their fault ... but the media can be completely ridiculous with this sorta thing).

Win lose ... well, at the beginning of the day it is hockey... at the end of the day it is the same thing... I will still wear my Hawks' t-shirts around town... still snicker at the guy I have seen with a Luongo shirt ( he -even- I just scored on 7uongo just by walking to the train... what a sieve. . . ) :D

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
lets get it done

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yes. im concerned still

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I don't think any honest Hawks fan is going to feel good about this series until it's over and the Hawks have won it.

Each year the Hawks won the Cup there was some huge test they had to pass in the Western Conference just to make it to the Cup. Perhaps this is the 2014 version?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think any honest Hawks fan is going to feel good about this series until it's over and the Hawks have won it.

Each year the Hawks won the Cup there was some huge test they had to pass in the Western Conference just to make it to the Cup. Perhaps this is the 2014 version?

I think our fight has been legendary even in the non Cup winning years. We have had more than our share of 7 game series and come out on top more than not. This team is gritty, similar to the bulls, they play the right way and never quit. I can't ask for anything more.

What a show!!

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I agree, but I think in some respect the Blackhawks had their fair share of luck during their two Stanley Cup runs, especially last year's run...and perhaps the luck will even out this year? Seems like Games 1 & 2 were not really "Team of Destiny" storylines.

Unless you can convince me otherwise I don't think the 2013 Hawks had an extraordinary amount of luck or anything. Sure, each team gets some bounces along the way, but you could say that about any championship team in any sport. You could say the Hawks were lucky to escape the Detroit series down 3-1 after 4 games but wasn't Boston pretty lucky to escape their first-round series with Toronto, being down 4-1 with 10 minutes left in Game 7?

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
If it was only a matter of talent then Hawks would trample the Blues, however, our boys don't seem as "hungry", whether it's the burden of grinding through defense of the Cup in and of itself, or with the added Olympics fatigue.

Also, clearly Kane is not 100% and neither is JT. I am hoping for Hossa and Sharp to awaken tonight and light a spark, those two have overall sucked in the first 3 games.

If we go down tonight then golf clubs are right around the corner, I don't see this team coming back from a 1-3 deficit. My ultimate prediction/hope is Hawks in 7.

jcrab66

Liked Posts:
None anymore, Hawks will win this one

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like the hawks are going to carry the TO win momentum into game 5 and win in St. Louis like they should have in games 1 and 2. The series should be over.

Not sleeping on the Blues but I think they end up seeing a repeat of last season. Hawks in 6.