Is trading down with Arizona an option?

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Is trading down with Arizona an option to acquire more picks? They can probably get Pyror with the #20 pick while getting Bucannon and Desir in the second. What picks could the Bears receive in return? Thoughts? Opinions?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Arizona would probably trade up to draft Pyror...so if you want a first round safety, best to stay put.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The tradedown clowns strike again

KryptKiddiesClowns.jpg

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
They most likely will take a quarterback to replace Carson Palmer at #14.

Liked Posts:
Man alive at least put one DT in the top 2 picks. Chris Conte had 90 Tackles last season. That right there should say it all. No Free Safety should ever have 90 tackles at the end of the regular season. The Bears could use an upgrade at safety, but it is not the main problem with the Bears defense. Repeat after me: Main problems with the Bears defense-#1-Mel Tucker, #2 Defensive Tackle #3 MIKE LB #4 Free Safety #5-Cornerback. This shouldn't be rocket science.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
but why?..the talent is good where we pick from..if things fall how they're suppose to we got our pick our the litter

but then again that's if things fall how they're suppose to and if emery isn't going to go left field on us like he usually does

Liked Posts:
but why?..the talent is good where we pick from..if things fall how they're suppose to we got our pick our the litter

but then again that's if things fall how they're suppose to and if emery isn't going to go left field on us like he usually does

Not to mention right now at least, DT appears to have the most value where the Bears are picking. Granted that's only based on the typical rumors heading up to the draft but I'd have to believe there's some merit to those rumors as they seem to be within the general vicinity almost every draft, coupled with the number of DT's projected to go in the first 3 rounds. DT isn't just the Bears biggest need right now, they appear to possibly be setting in the perfect position to get the best value out of the #14th pick by using it to address their biggest need at DT, which usually isn't the case, unless someone falls.

I know after last season & the last play vs the Packers, people want Conte out, but a rookie is probably not going to be much of an upgrade, & if the Bears had good DT's up front, that game probably doesn't come down to that last play to begin with. I have no idea how people can forget just how bad the Bears were up front all of last season. They had good starting defensive ends with Wootton & Peppers & 4 DT's on the depth chart to start the season & it blew up in their faces because the DE's couldn't get to the QB because of how much room he had to step up in the pocket. This season they have good starting defensive ends again with Houston & Allen, & 3 DT's, all of which have a history of injury. The Bears are idiots if they make the same mistake twice, & not carry 5 DT's into the season.

I don't care how good the Safeties & CB's are, teams like the Vikes & Packers, among any others with adequate running games will just dump the ball off to Peterson & Lacey all game & force the Bears into put their "upgraded" DB's in the box, & once that happens it's all over, especially vs the Packers.

The Burning Bear

Liked Posts:
Man alive at least put one DT in the top 2 picks. Chris Conte had 90 Tackles last season. That right there should say it all. No Free Safety should ever have 90 tackles at the end of the regular season. The Bears could use an upgrade at safety, but it is not the main problem with the Bears defense. Repeat after me: Main problems with the Bears defense-#1-Mel Tucker, #2 Defensive Tackle #3 MIKE LB #4 Free Safety #5-Cornerback. This shouldn't be rocket science.

I find it entertaining our safeties had a ridiculous amount of tackles, and people complain about how many they missed. Not because they weren't missing many, just the fact that shows how many opportunities they had - how damn bad the rest of our defense was.