• Terrence Brooks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears clearly need an upgrade at safety.

However the Bears would go about getting him, who would be the 1 safety you would want on the Bears?

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Calvin Pryor
Jimmie Ward
Deone Bucannon
Terrence Brooks

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bama players get a bad pro rap but Dix can tackle and cover. That being said Pryor would be ok as well.

winterwarz

HCD. Both safety positions are a need, but FS seems to be a bigger one.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Went with Pryor. He is a lot of fun to watch and could start day 1. Pryor would also add another level of physicality which it seems Emery has prioritized with his FA signings.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
All of them are good picks if they are taken at good value. Personally, I am hoping for a safety in the second round. Ward will probably be gone by #51. So either Buchannon or Brooks would be my pick..If I had to choose between the two, I slightly go with Brooks.

I don't see the Dix of Pryor as far ahead of their competition. The gap is smaller between the top 5 safeties...that is why I would wait until the second. I think there is a HUGE drop-off after all the guys in the poll are taken.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pryor
Dix
Brannon
Ward
Brooks

In that order

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the post. To me this sums up Pryor.

"Pryor has tremendous field speed, and he’s able to use it to great effect in all areas of his game. There are times when you simply wonder how he got from here to there so quickly."

I liked the part that said he understands angles and leverage. Haven't seen that in a while.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the post. To me this sums up Pryor.

"Pryor has tremendous field speed, and he’s able to use it to great effect in all areas of his game. There are times when you simply wonder how he got from here to there so quickly."

Agreed. Also if you watch the cut up below the article, it clearly shows his versatility. Plays both SS and FF, Single high and covering man up in the slot. There are some on here who would want you to believe he's a pure SS and its flat out false. Just because he hits like a truck doesn't make it so.

ryneteem23

Liked Posts:
The Bears clearly need an upgrade at safety.

I feel like we have to get 1 of these 5 guys. After this the crop of safeties just seems to be mediocre. I do like Marqueston Huff though..would love to get him and Bucannon

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Pryor, and it's not even close. He'd be number 3 on my board behind Clowny and Donald. He could be a special player at the next level, while Clinton-Dix, at best, will be a solid starter IMO.

chefbear65

Liked Posts:
I'm surprised no one has jumped on the Terrance Brooks bandwagon yet. Its a lonely place at the moment. However, looking at Emery's small sampling of drafts and where I believe the D is moving schematically, I think there's a strong positibility of hearing his name called when our pick is up. Hopefully that happens in the 2nd but Phil has 'reached' for his guy in the past.

As for why I think he's an Emery pick, it should be obvious to anyone who's done some homework on him. First off, anf seemingly first on Emery's checklist, is the ideal athletic ability he brings to the free safety position. It seems lile we are trying to differentiate our safeties to alleviate some of the match up problems modern NFL offenses are presenting. He played nickel corner prior to his move to safety and it shows in his fluidity and coverage skills. Don't let his background at corner fool you though, he has the physicality needed to be a presence in the back end and can come up and be effective in run support. He can be a little inconsistent at times in his fo but seems to readily understand when to bring the wood and when to wrap up on a ball carrier. Overall I see him as the total package at FS and is the only player I would put in that category. He could be very very good if unutilized correctly and further developed at safety.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Brooks doesn't jump off the film in any one area nor does his athletic ability. Solid 2-3 round prospect. I'd take ward over him all day.
Way more polished.

Bears

Liked Posts:
Pryor seems too hit or miss for a 1st round pick.