Playoffs Game 2 Chicago Bulls vs Washington Wizards 4/22/14 8:30PM TNT/CSN

Who wins?

• Total voters

The Bringer

Beast Pro Legend
Liked Posts:
If those front office Muther Fuckers GARPAX bring back Kirk instead of DJ next year i am gonna
giphy.gif

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wizards gonna sweep.

Kirk put on his best Derrick Rose impression at the end.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dont have sour grapes Bulls fans. Wizards have a good team. Not a championship team but, when healthy, one of the better teams in the East. They are going to be pretty good for awhile. The refs made calls both ways.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
8-18 what's it worth being the 4th seed and being in the running to get Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins, or Julius Randle. Was the 32-14 record and a likely 1st round week worth two mid-round picks? Hell no. Damn it I'm sick to my stomach.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It's worth a DPOY award, and signaling to other quality free agents that they could sign with a team that never quits. Building a culture that wins means you don't tank. If you tank, then you have to build the culture all over again. You can't just hit pause and resume.

On a good note, we made it two games of a first round series without any torn ligaments. :shrug: Still a lot of time left though.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
It's worth a DPOY award, and signaling to other quality free agents that they could sign with a team that never quits. Building a culture that wins means you don't tank. If you tank, then you have to build the culture all over again. You can't just hit pause and resume.

On a good note, we made it two games of a first round series without any torn ligaments. :shrug: Still a lot of time left though.

I get that but Parker is going to be a fantastic player. And we'd be set for years to come if the lottery balls fell our way like they did when we got Rose and no one thought we'd be able to in 2008. It made that lost season of 07-08 worth it. We could have had another season like that and come out ontop with another potential superstar player. This is a guy who can play the 2 or 3 and get 20+ and 10 with ease you don't pass that up. And at 8-18 at the end of December it had 07-08 written all over it and this team decided to have the best record in the NBA since January 1st. It's good, I appreciate it but I'm not going to lie and not say I resent the fact it made us lose out on arguably the best player in a deep draft. Now he's going to go to The Lakers, or Bucks, or something. Ugh. Chi-town native like Rose coming home to win a Chip. Yes. A first round sweep by the Wiz and two mid round firsts and no gaurentee that we get the instant offense we need to put this team over the hope, infuriating. I'm tired of being the scrappy team that does nothing in the playoffs. We have six rings. I want a seventh.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
There are too many what-if situations to get Parker, even with a full on tank. Thinking about it is torture, because the odds are not in our favor at all. And then to purposefully tank, we would be scrutinized hardcore. When it's too obvious, teams get called out.

IMO, Philly is really the only team that had an obvious tank from almost the start. A few teams might have quit at some point in the season too, but once you get teams tanking left and right, then your attendance drops, the income drops, and lose the motivation to go into the tax all over again(A Jerry problem more than anything, but he would be wise to not spend if the culture was disrupted).

No use beating ourselves up over it. Just enjoy basketball. Who knows, a lot can change. Maybe the Bulls come back and get streaky in time to make a good run at it. Only one team wins a title, so enjoying the game, realistically, is still what the NBA is about, providing entertainment.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
There are too many what-if situations to get Parker, even with a full on tank. Thinking about it is torture, because the odds are not in our favor at all. And then to purposefully tank, we would be scrutinized hardcore. When it's too obvious, teams get called out.

IMO, Philly is really the only team that had an obvious tank from almost the start. A few teams might have quit at some point in the season too, but once you get teams tanking left and right, then your attendance drops, the income drops, and lose the motivation to go into the tax all over again(A Jerry problem more than anything, but he would be wise to not spend if the culture was disrupted).

No use beating ourselves up over it. Just enjoy basketball. Who knows, a lot can change. Maybe the Bulls come back and get streaky in time to make a good run at it. Only one team wins a title, so enjoying the game, realistically, is still what the NBA is about, providing entertainment.

Nothing personal, but this is probably the most stupid, homerific, ill-informed post I've read all year on the Bulls forum. Frankly, the Bears and Cubs forums are just as bad with this nonsense. I'm really starting to wonder about the Chicago sports fan and their critical thinking skills (or lack thereof).

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nothing personal, but this is probably the most stupid, homerific, ill-informed post I've read all year on the Bulls forum. Frankly, the Bears and Cubs forums are just as bad with this nonsense. I'm really starting to wonder about the Chicago sports fan and their critical thinking skills (or lack thereof).
What?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

And people call me a prick....

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Well you are

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
1.There is no reason to keep Boozer on this team any longer.

2. Do what you have to do to get Melo.

3.Lovie was raked over the coals for having all D and not caring about O, yet Thibodeaux is EXACTLY the same way and yet seems to be getting a pass.(yeah...I said it...)

BEARS

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Lovie had 2 first round QBs, a first round RB and Matt Forte, Muhammad and Marshall, and at least for awhile at the beginning a decent o-line

Thibs has a torn ACL and a bunch of three year college try-hards.

Comparison don't fly, bruh.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lovie had 2 first round QBs, a first round RB and Matt Forte, Muhammad and Marshall, and at least for awhile at the beginning a decent o-line

I agree. Thibs has gotten a lot of out these guys, and they're probably maxed out (especially Jimmy). They're not much of a playoff team concerning talent and offense and it's shown this series. They have much better options on offense last season (Nate, Bellini and Jimmy was a better scorer last year than this year). Boozer's offense was better last year than this year as well. So its easy to see the team struggling. Washington has also done a great job completely changing from the way they played the regular season to the playoffs here, while the Bulls are doing the same old true and tried thing.

Now if Thibs were given a healthy Derrick Rose and Carmelo Anthony, I think we'd still great things happen. The problem with this team has always been offense, and we were dead last in PPG this year. Carmelo and Rose alone would rise that rank greatly while the Bulls will still play great D.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Unfortunately, I think we've seen Jimmy's ceiling.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights

Like Ben Wallace and Carlos Boozer among the other quality FA's they've signed over the years? :derbulls:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, I think we've seen Jimmy's ceiling.
Probably. He never did anything like he did last year this year... And his minutes are insane... So I'm sure he's just about burned out. I guess we'll see how he becomes on a better team (if the Bulls ever get to that point).

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

And with those names, SuperBowl and NFC championship appearances...

We'll agree to disagree on this Pretentous, and my post is not really about Lovie, but about how Thibodeaux gets too much of a pass. Playing Butler for 53 minutes was INSANE. You play him that long just because you like the way he plays defense, all the while he is not contributing anything offensively. Now, a 24 hour layover before Game 3. Heinrich cannot stay on front of Wall nor Beal.

Thibodeax is stubborn to a FAULT sometimes just because he believe in his philosophy so much. Even when you can clearly see it's not working...

BEARS

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Everyone should come off of the damn ledge. The Hawks came back being down 0-2 to tie it. Why not the Bulls? Despite not being able to make a shot, three bad calls by the fucking Joey Crawford crew screwed them along with a few lucky breaks on loose balls by the Wiz. I HATE JOEY CRAWFORD more than any official in any sport. That game should NEVER have gone to over-time and that was on Crawford. There is no doubt in my mind that there were/are more than one dirty official in the NBA. Crawford has made basketball so much about the officiating that it is ridiculous. Nene has been getting away with more shit and they will not call it. He's a slug and they have made him the MVP in those two games