10% of the way into the season......

patg006

Liked Posts:
Rizzo is hitting way better than anyone could have imagined.
Castro is looking more like the hitter from his first two seasons than last year.
Bonafacio is outperforming everyone's expectations.
Shark, Wood and Hammel are all pitching well.

However.......

The team ranks 28th in runs scored in MLB, 11th in the NL in ERA and the record sits at 5-12.

What is going to happen when these players come back to earth??

And save the fanboy ignorance of Olt, Valbuena, Shierholtz, Jackson and Arrieta will pick up the slack.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rizzo is hitting way better than anyone could have imagined.
Castro is looking more like the hitter from his first two seasons than last year.
Bonafacio is outperforming everyone's expectations.
Shark, Wood and Hammel are all pitching well.

However.......

The team ranks 28th in runs scored in MLB, 11th in the NL in ERA and the record sits at 5-12.

What is going to happen when these players come back to earth??

And save the fanboy ignorance of Olt, Valbuena, Shierholtz, Jackson and Arrieta will pick up the slack.

They are going to suck like they suck now. I dont get your point. Everyone knows they suck. Wasted thread.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
They are going to suck like they suck now. I dont get your point. Everyone knows they suck. Wasted thread.

More posters are ignoring his garbage so he needed something to give him attention....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

diavolos

Liked Posts:
More posters are ignoring his garbage so he needed something to give him attention....

how is it garbage to correctly point out that the organization is taking steps backwards? how is it garbage to point out the fanboy nonsense? yeah, we all know they suck. some of us know that they're going to continue sucking for many, many years. what the front-office and ownership are doing is wasting everyone's time.

want the cubs to be champions? get them to spend money. i'm not talking bullshit pie-in-the-sky. i'm talking really winning a championship. you know, that elusive ring. it takes money, not minor league prospects, and maybe they'll get a shot.

patg006

Liked Posts:
Everyone knows they suck.

Everyone does not know.

There were plenty of fanboys who were picking this team to win 75ish games and threw tantrums at those of us who picked 60ish wins.

Right now, 60 wins is looking optimistic and 75 wins is looking preposterous.

You sure spend a lot of time going to a thread and commenting on someone you have supposedly ignored lol

diavolos

Liked Posts:
i'm actually hoping for worst record ever. to shut everyone up.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
There isn't an army of "fanboys" here, just like there are only a handful of angry posters who bring absolutely nothing to the table other than hyperbole to make themselves feel better. As a reminder, here's the pre-season poll, of which the majority of people were right around what fangraphs thought. 22 games under .500 doesn't seem like "fanboyism" to me. I don't see a bunch of fanboys predicting the Cubs were actually going to be competitive.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/46260-How-Many-Wins-For-The-Cubs-In-2014

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Bearin' Down,*brett05,*Capt. Serious,*CreepyBasementGuy,*DePaulfan21,*DJMoore_is_fat,*justaChifan,*nwfisch,*Shawon0Meter,*Sunbiz1,*WindyCity

<65

These folks look spot on

Edited symbol. I swear I am getting exponentially dumber every year

diavolos

Liked Posts:
There isn't an army of "fanboys" here, just like there are only a handful of angry posters who bring absolutely nothing to the table other than hyperbole to make themselves feel better. As a reminder, here's the pre-season poll, of which the majority of people were right around what fangraphs thought. 22 games under .500 doesn't seem like "fanboyism" to me. I don't see a bunch of fanboys predicting the Cubs were actually going to be competitive.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/46260-How-Many-Wins-For-The-Cubs-In-2014

It's easy predicting them to suck. The hard part is realizing the "plan" is nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It's easy predicting them to suck. The hard part is realizing the "plan" is nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone
This thread was started by a needy person to declare to everyone how right he seems to be that the Cubs suck worse than the suckage others predicted. It had nothing to do with any plan being nonsense.:shrug:

diavolos

Liked Posts:
well, it's the internet. might not be the birthplace of trolling, but certainly it's given trolling the medium it deserves! give him his glory while he still is alive. lol.

diavolos

Liked Posts:
i'm saying all this as a troller (at times) myself. :)

diavolos

Liked Posts:
it's really, really sad parade_rain. it's very upsetting to me and others. i think we all can agree that this whole not-winning-championships deal is really really effing old--like a century old. the only way we'll get change is by convincing people to stop going to games, stop watching games, stop listening to games, stop following games on the internet, until they start trying to win. building the minor league system is not trying to win. spending money on talent is trying to win. trying to make the playoffs is trying to win. recent history is littered with 80 game winners and 90 game winners winning the world series. we have examples of last place teams turning it around in one year to win a world series, and of teams that didn't even make the playoffs one year, to making it the next.

the cubs "plan" is total bullshit.

dude, the white sux won the fucking world series! if that's not a slap in the face to every cubs fan, i don't know what is.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I liken it to a crappy restaurant that served crappy food in a building that was wonderfully historic. The owners changed the menu, but the food was still not very good. People still came because the building was historic. The plan is BS, because they haven't hired the right manager. They platoon players when they shouldn't. They don't have revenue streams thanks to the neighborhood that is supposedly the reason the teams does so well financially, etc. I get it. I really do, but I think that discussion deserves its own thread.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
dude, the white sux won the fucking world series! if that's not a slap in the face to every cubs fan, i don't know what is.
I am surrounded by St Louis Cardinal fans. There is nothing I want more than the Cubs dominating, because I want their pieholes shut.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
it's really, really sad parade_rain. it's very upsetting to me and others. i think we all can agree that this whole not-winning-championships deal is really really effing old--like a century old. the only way we'll get change is by convincing people to stop going to games, stop watching games, stop listening to games, stop following games on the internet, until they start trying to win. building the minor league system is not trying to win. spending money on talent is trying to win. trying to make the playoffs is trying to win. recent history is littered with 80 game winners and 90 game winners winning the world series. we have examples of last place teams turning it around in one year to win a world series, and of teams that didn't even make the playoffs one year, to making it the next.

the cubs "plan" is total bullshit.

Little known fact, and a larger slap in the face for Cub fans is Jerry Reinsdorf...who quietly and effectively had Mark Cuban's ownership bid package for this team denied.

I can understand why, made perfect sense from a business perspective.

But still, Cub fans got shafted with a small market owner unwilling(by his own admission)to even field a quality product during this endless "re-build"...a term that I'm no longer convinced applies to the Cubs.