Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Gomez had another incident yesterday vs. the Pirates... Thoughts?

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Gomez had another incident yesterday vs. the Pirates... Thoughts?

Yeap! Cole should have kept his mouth shut. He risked his players getting hurt besides him also.

Gomez did wrong, but Cole should have just beaned him the next time up. You don't show up the pitcher with the flip of the bat, just as a pitcher doesn't parade around taunting the other team when he strikes out the side in a key situation.

A simple fist pump by either side will suffice........nothing more.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Yeap! Cole should have kept his mouth shut. He risked his players getting hurt besides him also.

Gomez did wrong, but Cole should have just beaned him the next time up. You don't show up the pitcher with the flip of the bat, just as a pitcher doesn't parade around taunting the other team when he strikes out the side in a key situation.

A simple fist pump by either side will suffice........nothing more.

Gomez has done this before. To both the Pirates and Braves. ... I think Cole was just so pissed he didn't want to wait until the next AB.

And Gomez's excuse: "I thought they were going to catch it".

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
The stupid unwritten rules in MLB never made sense to me. In football if you dance in the end zone it is literally nothing and the fact that the league is cracking down on it has actually upset fans. In hockey players celebrate after goals. In basketball players will leave their hand hanging for quite awhile after hitting a clutch 3 or will stare down players after dunking on someone. I've never liked the pitcher throwing at players. If it's to back a guy off the plate and you come high and tight fine. I could also see a case where someone goes cleats up into 2B or tries to take the SS/2B out some way as a reasoning. But crap like show boating and bunting when there's a no hitter going or stealing when you're up x amount of runs? Just strikes me as stupid.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The stupid unwritten rules in MLB never made sense to me. In football if you dance in the end zone it is literally nothing and the fact that the league is cracking down on it has actually upset fans. In hockey players celebrate after goals. In basketball players will leave their hand hanging for quite awhile after hitting a clutch 3 or will stare down players after dunking on someone. I've never liked the pitcher throwing at players. If it's to back a guy off the plate and you come high and tight fine. I could also see a case where someone goes cleats up into 2B or tries to take the SS/2B out some way as a reasoning. But crap like show boating and bunting when there's a no hitter going or stealing when you're up x amount of runs? Just strikes me as stupid.

Nothing wrong to try to break up a no hitter. Stealing? Who cares. The only legit actions is if a player is threatened with physical harm. Like a runner going into 2B with his spikes up. Ya he deserves his ass kicked for trying to maim a player.

This crap is childish.