Anthony Barr OLB updated proday numbers

AussieBear

Ran a 4.41 at his proday a few days ago. seriously moving for a 6'5 255 guy. its an improvement upon his 4.66 combine number.

his bench also went up four to 19 from 15 at the combine.

his broad jump improved a half foot from 9'11 to 10'05

must be the Gatorade.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Insane athlete. Perfect fit as a 3-4 OLB. No real place for him in the Bears D.

MrDerp

Liked Posts:
Ran a 4.41 at his proday a few days ago. seriously moving for a 6'5 255 guy. its an improvement upon his 4.66 combine number.

his bench also went up four to 19 from 15 at the combine.

his broad jump improved nearly a foot from 9'11 to 10'05

must be the Gatorade.

Nearly a foot? How about 6 inches. Plus Anthony Barr will be the biggest bust in the draft if he is drafted by a 4 front team to play DE.. He is strictly a rush OLB in a 3-4.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
He's a top 10 talent. Yes he's still raw, but if he gets coached up he'll be a monster.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
He's a top 10 talent. Yes he's still raw, but if he gets coached up he'll be a monster.

It will take more than being coached up. He'll likely have to dedicate himself more than any other player into becoming a complete player at the position. He's a classic athlete that needs to become a football player.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
people forget how many GREAT edge rushers weigh under 275.

Like I said before, this place's logic is astounding. Any player not 6'7 290 lbs is Shea McClellin. Barr is a freak and a top talent in the draft. Don't worry, he will not drop far enough for you chicken littles to start hyperventilating.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As long as the Pack doesn't get him, I don't give a fuck about this guy.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
It will take more than being coached up. He'll likely have to dedicate himself more than any other player into becoming a complete player at the position. He's a classic athlete that needs to become a football player.

Even if the Bears intention was the draft him as a "super-athlete" and groom him as a future starter at [insert position here], it would still take a full season and probably two to get him familiar enough to start. I don't think they want to make that kind of investment which such a slow and uncertain return on investment.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope that somebody takes this guy before the 14th pick so we have a better chance at Donald

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He is this year's Dion Jordan, who I feel got a bum wrap in Miami. He was coming off a shoulder surgery and didn't really get into the rotiation. Tough rookie season.

Liked Posts:
The scary thing with Barr is he has plenty of length to his 6'5" frame to add size & strength. I still think this kid ends up being great if he goes to a 3-4 defense.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
The scary thing with Barr is he has plenty of length to his 6'5" frame to add size & strength. I still think this kid ends up being great if he goes to a 3-4 defense.

I think Barr in the right system is an all pro. If the 49ers system he could play the same roll Smith did his rookie year.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I think he'd be a good weak side LB. They also could split him out wide as a pass rusher.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
#2 RB

[video=youtube;EpUEul09has]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpUEul09has[/video]

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If it were as easy to spot busts as some would have you believe here then being a GM would be cake.......

The guy is a crazy good athlete. He may have certain ideal positions but that is what the private workout is for......to get a look at his frame and see if he could pack on some more muscle and still be as athletic to see if he could fit another scheme.......

GMs want great athletes on the field...

That being said I think he is gone at 11.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
If Barr were 6'3'' 255lbs and not 6'6'' 255lbs everyone would say he is a perfect fit for a middle linebacker in the NFL... He has the speed and coverage skills to be a really good coverage linebacker in the NFL...

I watched some of his games last year and he absolutely dominated teams on his side of the field... I saw him to drop into coverage multiple times and blanket players for entire plays while still being aware of the ball...

He is also one heck of a blitzing linebacker... he would be an amazing fit at SLB and could potentially be a MLB in the NFL...

he is a top ten talent for a reason...

ping001

Liked Posts:
Even if the Bears intention was the draft him as a "super-athlete" and groom him as a future starter at [insert position here], it would still take a full season and probably two to get him familiar enough to start. I don't think they want to make that kind of investment which such a slow and uncertain return on investment.

Didn't everyone say that about Jeffrey and Long.

AussieBear

Nearly a foot? How about 6 inches. Plus Anthony Barr will be the biggest bust in the draft if he is drafted by a 4 front team to play DE.. He is strictly a rush OLB in a 3-4.

my bad, i thought i was writing 10'11