1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
blackhawks-vs-blues-logos.png

bos_u_rink1x_576.jpg

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
it was a goalie win for our 1st win. offense looks like they lack chemistry. we need to start utilizing speed and putting more pucks to the net

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
it was a goalie win for our 1st win. offense looks like they lack chemistry. we need to start utilizing speed and putting more pucks to the net

offense looks befuddled, or scared, or ?? Miller back there can start to feel like a giant weight,

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'm still waiting for Ryan Miller to do something that impresses me. I'm also waiting for the Hawks to give him a good workout for a change.

I make no complaints about getting the win in Game 3 but the flow of that game was far from inspiring. I missed the first period, but only a brief stretch in the third period would fall under the category of the Hawks controlling the play. Perhaps Game 4 changes that a bit.

I'd also like all Crawford detractors to come out of hiding so I can point and laugh at you. I can't believe people still doubt this kid. He's never going to be Patrick Roy but he's certainly a goalie you can win with whom you can win a championship.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really don't understand why this is an 8:30 puck drop.

Imagine if this goes to OT or maybe more. Looking at possibly midnight & beyond. :turrible:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Ryan Miller reminds me of Crawford, FWIW.

I think people fell in love with his stellar performance at the 2010 Olympics and tried to make him into something that he isn't.

There are a million variables that affect these stats, but Miller's career statline of .915 SA% and 2.59 GAA isn't far from Crawford's .914 and 2.36.

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
Might need a bit more offense to win this game...

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think people fell in love with his stellar performance at the 2010 Olympics and tried to make him into something that he isn't.

There are a million variables that affect these stats, but Miller's career statline of .915 SA% and 2.59 GAA isn't far from Crawford's .914 and 2.36.
david_kaplan.png

Give me Ryan Miller for Patrick Kane.

patg006

Liked Posts:
I'm still waiting for Ryan Miller to do something that impresses me.

Miller made some real nice saves during the 4 straight power plays the Hawks got in the 2nd and another on Kane on a breakaway I thought.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I have a feeling Backes will be back tomorrow night.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

he also hasnt had a real team in front of him in a long ass time. GAA is a stupid stat.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
is backes going to be back tomorrow?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
he also hasnt had a real team in front of him in a long ass time. GAA is a stupid stat.

Which is why I said There are a million variables that affect these stats

If you look at his career numbers which you can do here his numbers never really went up that much, even when the Sabres were a playoff team. He's been average to above average for the majority of his career, except for one really good year in 2010 (also the Olympic year mentioned earlier in this thread).

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Jeremy Rutherford ‏@jprutherford
#stlblues could get Backes back for Game 4

And I "could" be in the Hawks lineup. That's just wild speculation from a Blues reporter. It'd be different if he was citing a source in the organization.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
John Shannon from SportsNet (@JSportsNet) in Canada cites a source within the organization on Twitter:

Told that David Backes has a "50-50 at best" chance of playing tonight for the Blues in Chicago.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Damn I'm excited for the game tonight.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Backes' availability will likely be determined after the morning skate, which usually wraps up around noon. I'll post updates when I see it.

Having said that, now the Blues will probably call him a game-time decision just to make us wait and wonder.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Backes has to have a concussion... how da fuck is he gonna come back after like 4 days.... can he even remember his fucking name yet?