Blackhawks Forum Introduction Thread

bk7

Liked Posts:
Hi guys,

Just popping in to say I joined so I can ignore posts from Grimson.

Name: Ben
Favorite player: Hammer

Go Hawks!
That is all.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hi guys,

Go Hawks!
That is all.

Why? You seem so nice, I'm so nice.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hi guys,

Go Hawks!
That is all.

Hello Ben from NE Iowa and welcome ! I usually don't respond to these new member posts, but when a newb comes along and knows from the gitgo to ignore Grimson you have really set yourself apart from the field and put yourself way ahead of ALL other posters that show up here. I would add Tribar to your ignore list as he expounds on the ignorance of all Grimson posts.

brokenjoker22

Liked Posts:
Hey all,

New to the sport and at risk of being laughed upon, I've jumped on the hawks bandwagon. Reason? I have been watching the mlb for the past three weeks and have chosen the cubs. After discussing with the wife if she would be happy for a 2 week Chicago holiday in 2016/17, and her agreeing, I've gone for Chicago across the board (cubs, hawks, bulls & bears) so I can try to get to a game from them all depending on in/out of season.

Your name: Dean
Your location: England
Your age: 27
Your favorite current Hawks player: Crawford
Your favorite all-time Hawks player: Gonna have to shoot for Crawford here until I know more history and see more past gameplay.

I will actually be cheering for the hawks from the start of next season as they just won the Stanley cup and I'm not cheering for that as a fan due to the fact I wasn't one at the time.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hey all,

New to the sport and at risk of being laughed upon, I've jumped on the hawks bandwagon. Reason? I have been watching the mlb for the past three weeks and have chosen the cubs. After discussing with the wife if she would be happy for a 2 week Chicago holiday in 2016/17, and her agreeing, I've gone for Chicago across the board (cubs, hawks, bulls & bears) so I can try to get to a game from them all depending on in/out of season.

Your name: Dean
Your location: England
Your age: 27
Your favorite current Hawks player: Crawford
Your favorite all-time Hawks player: Gonna have to shoot for Crawford here until I know more history and see more past gameplay.

I will actually be cheering for the hawks from the start of next season as they just won the Stanley cup and I'm not cheering for that as a fan due to the fact I wasn't one at the time.

Awesome!

This is a great forum to expand your hockey and blackhawks knowledge. I've been hanging out for a couple of months here now and have almost mastered my hockey knowledge. Some great posters here.

WELCOME!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Awesome!

This is a great forum to expand your hockey and blackhawks knowledge. I've been hanging out for a couple of months here now and have almost mastered my hockey knowledge. Some great posters here.

WELCOME!

Listen to da Prawny.... he knows wuts up.

brokenjoker22

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the welcome all.

Already spent awhile browsing through the forum, learning more about hockey and about the hawks.

Tater, Thanks for the link, will make sure to spend some time there.

Mcprawn, great to hear you've learned so much so quickly and this is the right place to learn.

Ares, I will stalk Mcprawn :bow:

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Welcome new members.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wilkkomen, Bienvenue, welcome, come on in...

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some of the IHN guys moved on to other things.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
They moved on to becoming Pez fans instead of Hockey fans? I can see it, my sister used to be a huge Pez fan

THEcrunkfu

Liked Posts:
Your name: Anthony
Your location: Flagler Beach, Florida
Your age: 24
Your favorite current Hawks player: Hossa, Kaner, Keith
Your favorite all-time Hawks player: Bobby Orr, Stan Mikita, Anthony "Tony O" Esposito, Bobby Hull

How did you get into hockey? When I was around 9-10, I started to really take an interest in team sports (football, baseball, basketball, etc). Also, at that time my mom was working a part time job at a rink, so I was pretty gnarly on a pair of skates for my age. Randomly one day, some lady was there and saw me skating around and decided to ask me if I had any interest in hockey. At the time, I had no idea how to play but really was into the idea of playing. So, she ended up setting things up with my mom and the team and I actually practiced there, at the rink for a year, or two.

Im very fortunate, that I had the opportunity to learn the sport at a young age, first hand. Even on such a basic level. I never pursued hockey after that, but thats alright. It made me a hockey fan. There is nothing more intense then watching two teams, go head to head, in the Stanley Cup Playoffs Game 7. Even if it isn't your favorite team, you can't tell me that the hair on your arms doesn't stand up. I love it. Hell, doesn't even have to be the playoffs, and i'm just as stoked! I recently found this site, and i'm really excited that it exist. I hope to gain more knowledge about the Blackhawks and have some good discussions in the process. Thats about it. Cheers everyone and GO BLACKHAWKS!!