Blackhawks Forum Introduction Thread

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
With the postseason, I figure we'd get one of these going again.

Your name: Dave
Your location: NW Indiana
Your age: 26
Your favorite current Hawks player: Brandon Saad, Nick Leddy
Your favorite all-time Hawks player: Eric Daze, Kyle Calder, Steve Sullivan, Tony Amonte, Dave Bolland (how the hell did I forget to add him in here?)

How did you get into hockey? I got into the sport in the mid 90s as a kid thanks to NHL '94 on my Sega Genesis and the Mighty Ducks movies, which led to some huge street hockey game in my neighborhood. In 1996, my dad landed tickets to a game and took me along with some siblings. We sat 2 rows off the ice. I've been hooked ever since. Started playing the game at 21 when I could finally afford to buy the equipment and it's one of the better decisions I've ever made.

If you're a fan of another team feel free to chime in here with your own NHL preferences. We don't discriminate too much.

Last edited:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Your name: Fisch
Your location: NE Iowa
Your age: 20
Your favorite current Hawks player: Andrew Shaw/ Capt. Serious
Your favorite all-time Hawks player: Viktor Stalberg

Forgot the How did I get into hockey question: I was always partial to the Blackhawks, buying a stick at Walsh Stores when I was 6 over a Dead Wing one :D. Attended Thunderbird games when they played in the CSHL (Now North American 3 Hockey League) and I attend Dubuque Fighting Saints games now, they play in the USHL. Peter Quenneville was on the team last year :D.

Since the Blackhawks have gotten on TV consistently ~2009 I've made an effort to watch most games and follow the team. Local hockey was really where it started for me.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Your name: Pff screw real first names, Lee is my real middle name
Your location: OP
Your age: 27
Your favorite current Hawks player: Brandon Saad, Marian Hossa, Crow, & Seabs
Your favorite all-time Hawks player: Chris Chellos, Kyle Calder, Tony Amonte, Eric Weinrich, Dave Boland & Jeff Hackett

How did you get into hockey? I also got in the early 90s when Roenick was the master and genesis nhlpa games helped cement that love.

Favorite all time non Hawk: Peter Forsberg

Also a secondary fan of Colorado Avs. have been since their inception year seeing how great they were vs the Hawks but most importantly, how they kicked ass vs The red wings boosting their reputation to me.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your name: Mars
Your location: Colorado
Your age: 34
Your favorite current Hawks player: Toews, Bickell, Keith (Saad, Sharp, Hossa, Kaner, Seabrook, Crawford, Djarmolson, Leddy's skating, are all close)if leddy could complete a damn outlet pass I might move him up to first tier)
Your favorite all-time Hawks player: Chelios, Roenick

Grew up in chicago watching blackhawks in the 80's. Moved away and never got into the Sharks much where I lived. Re-emerged post strike with proliferation of coverage and able to reconnect with Blackhawks, follow Crosby in the early years after strike

Game 2 loss the other night solidified the growing belief that this is the greatest show on Earth. even though we lost in heart breaking fashion I couldn't stop grinning "what a show"

what a show this is. Toughest men in sports. Pounding the glass. The number of games in a season is unprecedented for a contact sports, its just amazing what these guys push themselves to do. the league perpetuates its own culture of toughness and its a throwback sport to another time when athletes weren't sissies bitchin and moaning and complainen.

I choose Hockey and Rugby going forward as the two sports that get the spectacle.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your name: not ruprecht
Your location: Portland, OR
Your age: ?
Your favorite current Hawks player: Toews
Your favorite all-time Hawks player: Stan Mikita

Started skating at 4 and that's all she wrote.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
with a somewhat active board still people dont introduce themselves.

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your name: Jeremy
Your location: Round Rock, Texas
Your age: 33
Your favorite current Hawks player: Sharpie, Saad, Hammer, Smitty
Your favorite all-time Hawks player: TBD

How did you get into hockey? Admittedly never gave hockey a thought until the 2010 Olympics when a buddy begged me to give hockey a shot. I told him it was a game for silly Canadians but watched anyway. That gold medal game opened my eyes to a whole new world. I unashamedly hopped on the ole 'wagon for the Hawks Cup run. Been a junkie ever since. Watched all but 3 or 4 games this season and made it to all three games in Dallas.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Your name: Gibbs
Your location: Floriduh
Your age: 33
Your favorite Hawks player: Kane, Hossa, and Toews
Your favorite all-time Hawks player: Kane

How did you get into Hockey: Sega gensis NHL 94, and a couple of good buddies who opened the door. As a teen used to go with my step-dad, and watched the Quad City Mallards play. Always had a fun time, and really loved watching them play. Was a fan of the Hawks and Avs back in the mid and late 90's. Then stuck with the Hawks when I moved to Floriduh in 99. Have now officially brainwashed my kids into being Hawks fans as well. Before every game ask them who is going to score. They usually pick Hossa, he is their favorite player.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
welcome guys!!

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
I should probably re-introduce myself. I was really active on CCS back in 2010 and am starting to get back into it now.

Your name: Brett
Your location: Northwest IN
Your age: 28
Your favorite Hawks player: DK, Hjammer
Your favorite all-time Hawks player: Soupy

How did you get into Hockey: My dad always loved hockey, and we played a ton of roller hockey in the driveway when I was a kid. That translated to street hockey as a kid and inline at MPX in Homer Glen today. As a kid, we mostly watched Wolves games since that was what was televised on the U but since '08 it has been all Hawks, all the time.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I should probably re-introduce myself. I was really active on CCS back in 2010 and am starting to get back into it now.

Your name: Brett
Your location: Northwest IN
Your age: 28
Your favorite Hawks player: DK, Hjammer
Your favorite all-time Hawks player: Soupy

How did you get into Hockey: My dad always loved hockey, and we played a ton of roller hockey in the driveway when I was a kid. That translated to street hockey as a kid and inline at MPX in Homer Glen today. As a kid, we mostly watched Wolves games since that was what was televised on the U but since '08 it has been all Hawks, all the time.

glad you are back bro!

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Hawks suck, my new favorite player is Drew Doughty :fap:

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Your name: Josh
Your location: Minneapolis
Your age: 22
Your favorite current Hawks player: Hjalmarsson, Kanner, Toews
Your favorite all-time Hawks player: Chelios

How did you get into hockey?Played a lot as a kid. Mostly because of my dad. He doesn't really care for any of the other 3 major sports, but he has a passion for hockey. Hockey has always been the sport we've both had a passion for and I've been lucky to attend a lot of games. I'll admit I got into hockey by watching the Red Wings growing up on TV. Attended a few Hawks games as a child, but due to the whole TV debacle with the Hawks, the Red Wings were the team on my tube.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Your name: KOTL for now.
Your location: PacNW (Transplant from Chi-town
Your age: 35
Your favorite current Hawks player: Marian Hossa
Your favorite all-time Hawks player: Bob Probert, Eddie Belfour, Stan Mikita, Hoss, Stu Grimson, and Nik Hjalrmarsson
How did I get into Hockey? My mom got me a trash pail when I was 4 that had Bobby Hull on it. It just stuck.
~~~~
Coming over here from IHN and though I'd check the place out. Longtime Blackhawks fan, Followed them as a kid, As much as I could through the WWW/Pulford years located in the PacNW. Was lucky to see Hossa's Memorial cup run in Portland back in 1998, and also saw a lot of Mac Carruth as he developed.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Your name: Samurai (lie)
Your location: Fox Valley
Your age: 52
Your favorite Hawks player: #19 #81 #2
Your favorite all-time Hawks player: Savoir-Faire, Cheli, Roenick, Al Secord, Larmer, Dougie Wilson and Bobby Hull.
Shoot: left
Throw: right
Eat: both

How did I get into Hockey? Born into it. My dad had partial season seats from work. I didn't learn to read using Dr. Seuss, or other kiddy books, I learned by reading Black Hawks programs (which were all printed in b/w), listening to Lloyd Pettit on the radio was one of my first memories. I still have my Munro Bobby Hull table hockey game that was a christmas present over 40 years ago. Played a little, but was much better at basketball, which was also easier on my parents $$-wise.

Also came here from IHN. That aside, I'm a decent person. :tiptoe: