OT: My favorite Met is a Sox

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
I cant believe Omar traded my favorite Met Castro to you guys. You will like him, he is always ready when called upon and has some pop. The only knock on Ramon is he likes to party. I had the honor of meeting Ramon many times and I will miss him.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
sabixx wrote:
Ramon Castro is terrible.

what? in a day in age that there are no catchers he is decent. I always like Ramon, he always hit homers when he started.

sabixx

Liked Posts:
but this isn't a day and age where they are no catchers, theres a ton of good catchers in the MLB. putting up a good OPB Is alot more important than hitting 5-6 homers, which is usually all Castro does.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Mauer, McCann, Soto, who else?

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
sabixx wrote:
but this isn't a day and age where they are no catchers, theres a ton of good catchers in the MLB. putting up a good OPB Is alot more important than hitting 5-6 homers, which is usually all Castro does.

Castro is a guy who is ready when called upon, he is a very good back up catcher. All I am saying is he will be a good addition to the Sox.

sabixx

Liked Posts:
you said you cant believe that Omar traded him, how could you not believe it?

"Mauer, McCann, Soto, who else?"

Victor Martinez,Ramon Hernandez,Kurt Suzuki,Yadier Molina,Russell Martin,Mike Napoli

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
sabixx wrote:
you said you cant believe that Omar traded him, how could you not believe it?

"Mauer, McCann, Soto, who else?"

Victor Martinez,Ramon Hernandez,Kurt Suzuki,Yadier Molina,Russell Martin,Mike Napoli

Castro is better than Scheneider and Santos.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Schneider yes Santos well see ,you have to admit the kid is clutch! Ramon thanks for your yrs with my Metsies..

strassburguesa

Liked Posts:
man, do the white sox love getting mediocre backup catchers. we've had Donny Lucy in the minors for what seems like 20 years...he must be pretty terrible or else we'd stop trading for/signing veterans that can't really contribute.

strassburguesa

Liked Posts:
just looked up the trade...did we really trade lance broadway for this guy? I feel like broadway had potential...and castro is not the kind of guy you receive in that kind of a trade. i acknowledge kenny william's decision-making prowess but i am left scratching my head on this one.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Broadway had slim chance of every cracking that rotation and you could easily replace him with some other guy. Broadway's fastball only tops at 89, his curveball doesn't do much for you and for being control pitcher he doesn't hit his spots that well. From what I've heard Kenny is committed to winning now after they've turned it around and really thinks that can be team that goes deep. The Peavy trade was sort of wake up call to guys because from what I heard he was frustred with the team and wanted to make splash. He knew that they probably couldn't get Peavy though and he at least knew it would get these guys going knowing noone was safe(believe noone wants to go to San Diego)

dynastyVI

Liked Posts:
I think Castro is an upgrade over Corky, if he tones the partying some. He did play with Ozzie on the Marlins and got a ring back in '03.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:

Geovanny is having trouble playing dead let alone catcher

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
brett05 wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:

Seems like thats the deal with all the Cubs lmao. What happened to Fukodome? Herd he sucks major testes.

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
brett05 wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:

Seems like thats the deal with all the Cubs lmao. What happened to Fukodome? Herd he sucks major testes.

??

He's rebounding nicely from the second half of last sesaon.

.310/.439/.507

Good for a .946 OPS. He's cooled off a bit but he's been the least of our worries.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
ryguy24 wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
brett05 wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:

??

He's rebounding nicely from the second half of last sesaon.

.310/.439/.507

Good for a .946 OPS. He's cooled off a bit but he's been the least of our worries.

I dont follow the cubs but thats what I herd. I really feel bad for the Cubs and their loyal fans.