Indian Food

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Any other fans? I ate some chicken vindaloo earlier today at lunch that burnt my face off.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Not a fan per se, but I like nearly all Indian food that I have tried. I'm not crazy about lentil beans, which seems to make its way into most dishes. Pav baji(sp?) is pretty awesome, maybe one of the dishes that stuck out as truly unique and tasty. And I love curry period. I like all different styles of curry, from mild to freaking hot. Prepared sweet, prepared bitter, prepared runny or gritty. I like all of that.

My favorite part of Indian food, and this is hard for many westerners to get around. Is how they can make so many meatless foods taste good. Of course, a gringo like me isn't going to jump right into the extreme stuff which experiments with some form of fermentation. Those foods in any culture are an acquired taste.

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yes i like it. We buy chick peas and papadum for da home every week and want to try our own curries

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Butter chicken bitches, me loves dat shit

Nick80

Brick Lane or for those in Manchester you have 'Machester's Curry Mile' both very good. On the question of, yes please, but make it veggie :)

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If I ever went the vegetarian route (I never will)...I'd probably eat Indian food almost exclusively. Like Crys was saying, it's amazing to me how flavorful and hearty they manage to make things without using meat.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Nan bread is the shit. God damn is it good. I could eat that by itself.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I have been wanting to give it a try again...but no, not a fan at all. When I was growing up my parents had an apartment building where most of the tenants were Indian. So whenever I would go there with my pops to help him with anything, every single apartment had an overpowering smell of curry. So at a young age that smell was embedded in me and not in a good way. So the smell of curry usually turns me off from any food that contains it. I think if I give Indian food a try again I will try a dish that doesn't have curry and hope that the smell of curry in other dishes doesn't turn me off.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
We went to this Indian place near us and loved it. Need to go back soon. Yes, face was burnt offT. o...f...f..capital T. The waiter was laughing at me for the amount of water I was drinking.

malcore

Indian food is either some type of greenish mush with an overpowering smell and an extreme pepper-like heat, or some type of yellowish/orangish mush with an overpowering smell and an extreme pepper-like heat. I figure I could reproduce any Indian dish by taking everything in my refrigerator, dumping all my spices on it, and then putting it in the oven for 5 hours on the CLEAN setting.

Yeah, no.

malcore

We went to this Indian place near us and loved it. Need to go back soon. Yes, face was burnt offT. o...f...f..capital T. The waiter was laughing at me for the amount of water I was drinking.

Try milk next time, or some raita or a lassi. Water won't help with the heat.