Record 30 prospects attending 2014 draft

QFFL

Liked Posts:
NFL revealed a record 30 Prospects attending the 2014 NFL Draft. 2 names jumped out to me, since I don't think they have much chance to be selected in the first round. Jimmy Garoppolo, QB and Cody Latimer, WR.

I still remember the embarrassing hours Aaron Rogers suffered, but at least he was considered No.1 pick. Why sitting in the room and wait till the next day.

Odell Beckham, WR, LSU
Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida
Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois
Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State
Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama
Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana
Marqise Lee, WR, USC
Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
Khalil Mack, LB, Buffalo
Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama
Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State
Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Neither Aaron Donald or Anthony Barr are attending. Interesting

james sanders

DE/OLB
Liked Posts:
Some of those kids are gunna be disappointed. Everybody knows Cyrus Kouandjio ain't going in the first.

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
They have them sit for the 2nd and 3rd these days.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
When was the last time the Bears spent their first on a player who attended the draft?

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
There will and should be no dissapointment for any of these kids. This is an opportunity to be recognized and celebrated as one of the top 30-50 individuals in their respective class and to become apart of a group of 2,500 or so individuals to be on an NFL team this upcoming year. This is also a culmination of a life long struggle of beating the odds and overcoming quite a few obstacles to reaching probably what was their childhood dream. Hard work, dedication, getting recognized at each level along the way, risking and avoiding injury, spending hour and HOURS in the weight room, or at camps/combines ect.

I have a cousin who was a potential D1 prospect two years ago 17 y/o 6'3 305lb High School OT who was highly regarded as one of the top 20 or so OG/OT prospects in his class, HS c/o 2015. Obviously following him on a day to day basis, the amount of work just to get noticed and offered by D1 schools is rediculous for a 16 year old. He eventually banged his knee up pretty bad in a game this year and ended up going to a D2 school because of it. He had a chance at the NFL albeit small, depending on how he progressed once he got to campus, but one injury derailed it.

Point is, even if I were projected to be the 100th pick and the league invited me to be at their draft I would attend with bells on.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont think Kyle long was there last year either....

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they should invite like 45 guys, that way maybe it takes some of the heat off the guys that were projected to go in the first that dont get picked..... and they arent sitting in an empty room by themselves on day 2 waiting to be drafted. Least if the room still would have alot of prospects in it and wouldnt be quite as embarassing. Just a thought.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Hometown Jimmy bitches!!!!

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Unfortunately, for me, as a Bears fan, as I said before... It wouldn't surprise me if Jimmy G ended up being a first round pick, meaning the Bears have no hope of drafting him.

I know, it's sad. Although it would be less painful for me than if he made it to the Bears second round pick and we passed on him. My over under is the Jaguars 2nd round pick.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears are going to draft Aaron Donald or Anthony Barr

I would be happy in this scenario. I think Barr and Bridgewater are underrated at this point. The hate has gone too far.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I would be happy in this scenario. I think Barr and Bridgewater are underrated at this point. The hate has gone too far.

I agree and I would be happy as well. Bridgewater went from being the top rated quarterback for the 2013 draft (stayed for a year) and 2014 and then he eventually fell to 3rd or 4th overall for 2014. The guy puts up good numbers during the season and then they want to bring up his combine numbers and his body frame? I still think Bridgewater is the best quarterback in the draft.

Skill > body frame
Skill on the field > combine