A few tweaks in the last few days

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
First, the calendar was filled in with all of the team's schedules, key dates like drafts, etc.

To make the calendar easier to find, I added an icon to the tab navigation bar at the top. The Calendar link has always been right beneath too.
But then it looked out of place. So I came up with what you see now, icons for universal features found on sites. So the search tab
twitter.png
, the contact us tab
myspace.png
, and now the calendar tab
facebook.png
, are in icons next to the social media icons.

If it doesn't show up right, you'll want to refresh the page(if you don't want to wait on your cache to refresh on its own).

Also added some tweaks with the notices, so they match the site. The notices are the boxes that show up on top of the forum when we run a kind of, heads-up about a key game in Chicago sporting linked to a game day thread, or notices can be used for other things.

I also added a simple IGT/IST post-icon that the staff can use to mark game day and series threads. These might come in handy, but only the staff can use them, because we want to make sure that game day threads are truly exclusive to certain features to better benefit everyone. When a IGT/IST also is a sticky and a poll, it wont show the post icon.

At the end of all threads, you can use social bookmarks to share topics. I added
reddit.png
Reddit and
pinterest.gif
Pinterest to the list. It's hardly ever used, but if you did want to share a good topic, then you have a one-click solution.

In addition to the other changes, I found a few files that were tweaked a bit to reduce overall site-size(which increases performance slightly).

Yeeaap, just a heads up.

Last edited:

malcore

I thought the page would look better with the links for calendar, contact and search as text instead of icons. Just looks more balanced and clean.

Looks a bit better with the other icons to the far right, but still think text links for the rest would look cleaner.

Other than that, nice work.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I thought the page would look better with the links for calendar, contact and search as text instead of icons. Just looks more balanced and clean.

Looks a bit better with the other icons to the far right, but still think text links for the rest would look cleaner.

Other than that, nice work.

There is some conflict with the use of real estate space and the text links going into potential future projects(also that the other text tabs are just a part of vbulletin, so modifying them would mean manual template edits with every upgrade, and that's just an unrealistic time commitment). That's why I thought it's something we needed to mess around with. Thanks though for the praise. Nothing is ever final, so we'll see what happens moving forward. I didn't like the look until the social icons were spread to the side.

malcore

Makes sense. Appreciate all the time you put into this Crys.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Trying a different rep algorithm that is supposed to curb rep attacks and rep farming. Nobody lost reps, but the bars will display differently. This is a better long term system, but to prevent skirting the system, I can't reveal how it works. More or less the same, unless you attack/farm/spam the rep system.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Trying a different rep algorithm that is supposed to curb rep attacks and rep farming. Nobody lost reps, but the bars will display differently. This is a better long term system, but to prevent skirting the system, I can't reveal how it works. More or less the same, unless you attack/farm/spam the rep system.

not u at least...

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
not u at least...

Nope, nobody. The bar displays differently. Reputation points are stored as a number and that number did not change. This is based on the experimental reputation algorithm that a certain large social network forum has been playing with, but I wont say who or answer to guesses. But it works for long term and large reputations.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a lot less bars:dunno:

Not that I ever cared about that sort of thing.:fist:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Because nearly everyone had max bars. vBulletin's default basically gave out a full rep bar just for two people positive repping, then you only have 10 total bars, 20 positive reps and anyone could have max bars. Now there are more bars, but it's not as easy to get bars, just as easy to get reps though.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Because nearly everyone had max bars. vBulletin's default basically gave out a full rep bar just for two people positive repping, then you only have 10 total bars, 20 positive reps and anyone could have max bars. Now there are more bars, but it's not as easy to get bars, just as easy to get reps though.

Thanks for the update. I thought I got disliked big time.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I need reps to bolster my flagging sense of self esteem. Better step up my game.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was trying to figure out what I did last night.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Screw your "algorithms," if that's even a real thing.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

So, it takes approximately 14 positive reps, to give you one bar?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
And Crystallas changes the algorithm and he ends up being the person with the most bars ... interesting.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
So, it takes approximately 14 positive reps, to give you one bar?

I can't reveal how it works. Also, like the other thing, I wont entertain guesses. But I'll say this, nope. Before reps were determined by a fixed value based on rep power. The new system doesn't work like that as the algorithm attributes a few more values(again, to curb farming and attacks).