If PaxGormana doesn't get Melo or Love this offseason...Fire them.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
Does anyone think the Knicks might not want to give Melo another max extension? He only has a few prime years left, and the rest of their roster is horse shit. No draft picks coming up, new coach coming in, etc. but then again, he's pretty fucking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Does anyone think the Knicks might not want to give Melo another max extension? He only has a few prime years left, and the rest of their roster is horse shit. No draft picks coming up, new coach coming in, etc. but then again, he's pretty fucking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But Phil Jackson drew his first line in the sand with Anthony on Wednesday, saying that he hopes the perennial All-Star will be "true to his word" about being willing to accept less money to remain in New York to help the new team president build a championship contender.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...s-stay-knicks-article-1.1766219#ixzz2zjWn3lGH

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
1. Re-sign D.J. Augustin and Jimmer Fredette

2. Sign Nikola Mirotic and Lance Stephenson

3. Draft P.J. Hairston and T.J. Warren

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i dont want Stephenson

no more 2nd-3rd tier players

Stephenson is looking for money at this point in his career. All he cares about is getting a max contract. The Bulls don't need someone with that mentality right now. Melo has said he wants to win, is willing to settle for less, then thats what the Bulls should pursue. Mirotic is also a very unknown and for all we know could be a complete bust. We at least know what Melo brings to the NBA.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Stephenson is looking for money at this point in his career. All he cares about is getting a max contract. The Bulls don't need someone with that mentality right now. Melo has said he wants to win, is willing to settle for less, then thats what the Bulls should pursue. Mirotic is also a very unknown and for all we know could be a complete bust. We at least know what Melo brings to the NBA.

i think whoever signs lance to a big deal is gonna regret it

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i think whoever signs lance to a big deal is gonna regret it

Different players obviously, but it reminds me a lot of the Ben Gordon situation. Lance is a guy who should get somewhere in the 10-12 range...but he'll end up at 14-16 instead as someone will over pay him. He'll play on a lesser team. I don't see him flaming out like BG did in Detroit, but it just won't be like a winning team.

Hoodey

Liked Posts:
Besides learn how to sell? Watch glengarry glen Ross ... Second place is a set of steak knives. Third place? You're fired

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
My only concern is that our recent struggle may cause Melo to think that we are not as close as advertised.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well I guess we'll be seeing some headlines about a new FO after this offseason :tiptoe:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
My only concern is that our recent struggle may cause Melo to think that we are not as close as advertised.
Washington won 4 less game than the Bulls, were 16th in scoring, and 9th in points allowed. Here is something to consider: the Wizards are actually pretty good. They are a team with a great young back court and a pretty strong front court. Not to mention John Wall has seemed to take a step this year and has matured as a player.

Maybe these recent struggles were supposed to happen. Maybe guys like Melo know those things.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
hold up you dont want melo but would be cool with evan turner?

sure turner will cost less but what ever you pay him you're overpaying

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
hold up you dont want melo but would be cool with evan turner?

sure turner will cost less but what ever you pay him you're overpaying

I said that at the time of when he was being shopped.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Easier said than done. But I really don't think Melo is in it for the money. Therefore the decision comes down to, does he believe Phil Jackson can turn around the Knicks in a short amount of time (and does he want to wait that long) and does his wife hold his balls on staying in NY or not... If thats not the case, I fail to see how Carmelo does not come here.

That's their job.

spencer958

Liked Posts:
If Melo really wants a shot at winning, he will take less money and come here. Instead of a max deal he would have to take 3-4 yrs 45-60 mil. If he doesn't want to take that, we don't want him. Anymore years/money than that will kill us in the future. Last night prove how much we need someone that can score at the end of games.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
because we are defensive team in need of a big time scorer and thats what Melo is

if not Melo then who do you want?....only 2 players that would be better is LeBron James and Kevin Durant...we already struck out on Bron and KD isn't a FA until 2016

That's why it's worth going after him. For a very long time the Bulls have had these long stretches of not scoring. They have at the same time had a roster of unselfish players who played within the system. What they need, even if it's not Melo, is to get at least 1 player and maybe 2 who are not the unselfish type and can just score when they think they can. Ben Gordon was that way. Nate was that guy last year but at their size and defensive limitations each did what he could but it wasn't enough on a team beset with injuries at times to get us over the top. DJ can score in bunches but if he's not hot he doesn't run the team as the point guard well enough to make up for it.

It's difficult to identify who they could get to fill that bill, a 2 or a 3 are really the best positions where somebody could fit in and bring that to the team. But there are players like that, it's finding some who are willing to do the other things that Thibs requires. It could even be someone off the bench. Snell and Dunleavy don't seem to have the mentality to take too many shots, Gibson, Butler, Noah are the solid guys you want around the high output scorer. No rookie is going come in and know when the situation requires firing up shots.

If GarPax has had a weakness it's not recognizing that they have a roster of too similar players and lack those few who can provide something unique that the others lack.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
1. Re-sign D.J. Augustin and Jimmer Fredette

2. Sign Nikola Mirotic and Lance Stephenson

3. Draft P.J. Hairston and T.J. Warren

That'd be a nice balanced roster with good depth, but depth doesn't in Championships. Superstars do.

I'm of the opinion that you need two superstars to win a championship in the NBA.

Give me Rose, Melo and Noah and I'll figure the rest out.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Different players obviously, but it reminds me a lot of the Ben Gordon situation. Lance is a guy who should get somewhere in the 10-12 range...but he'll end up at 14-16 instead as someone will over pay him. He'll play on a lesser team. I don't see him flaming out like BG did in Detroit, but it just won't be like a winning team.

Ben was a much better professional atleast

Lance is headcase...unpredictable on and off the court....which is huge reason i think whoever signs him will regret it not just his production not living up to what hes payed

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the cap going up and if the Bulls can find a buyer for Dun's 3 mil next year (should be a very easy sell) the Bulls can offer Melo around 20mil/yr. Melo will probably age like Pierce and still be elite at 34.

I'd offer Melo the max the Bulls can offer. If the Bulls do that- I don't see how he doesn't come to Chicago.