We Should Have Tanked

czman

Liked Posts:
Also, the Bulls were going to bring in a PG. They needed the extra body. The idea that Teague was the only option is very narrow.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Noah elevated his game.

you know who he gave the credit to as to why? DJ Augustin.....he said he wouldn't have been a all-star without DJ

DJ was huge this year....he came here and elevated players games and got things moving.....before then we were dead in the water struggling against the Milwaukee Bucks

czman

Liked Posts:
you know who he gave the credit to as to why? DJ Augustin.....he said he wouldn't have been a all-star without DJ

DJ was huge for this year....he came here and elevated players games and got things moving.....before then we were dead in the water struggling against the Milwaukee Bucks

Noah didn't elevate his game till after Deng was traded. regardless of what eh said, it does not really fit what actually happened. There is no evidence to support that DJ added 11 wins to the Bulls. I can see saying 5-7 wins.

We can agree to disagree. If you want to say DJ added 11+ wins to the Bulls go ahead.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
even if noah stepped up who would we have that can score? we'd have to rely on Boozer for all our scoring.....35 wins doesn't sound unlikely

as i said DJ's ability to create for himself and others was huge

this our offense without DJ

dunleavyhinrich_medium.gif

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
The pro-tankers on this board were right.

I respect the optimism from the anti-tank posters, but what exactly have we gained by not tanking this season?

You're one of my favorite posters on this site, but damn Man, WTF? Tanking is never the solution. The pavlov dogs will argue about the CBA is set that way, but I say the Great teams don't Tank, and still have great off seasons!

Take a look at the sweetness of your very own signature, and tell me if Walter would Tank? Think about that for a moment!

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only way the Bulls could have tanked this year was to fire Tom Thibodeau. Hell, he could've coached the Bucks' roster to 30 wins this season.

So, no, you are wrong. Firing Tom Thibodeau would not have been worth a (possible) high draft pick.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
even if noah stepped up who would we have that can score? we'd have to rely on Boozer for all our scoring.....35 wins doesn't sound unlikely

as i said DJ's ability to create for himself and others was huge

this our offense without DJ

dunleavyhinrich_medium.gif
I know you chose this to put all the blame on Kirk, but everyone in the shot is at fault here. Zero movement whatsoever. That's why Kirk had to dribble around in circles. No one to pass to.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I know you chose this to put all the blame on Kirk, but everyone in the shot is at fault here. Zero movement whatsoever. That's why Kirk had to dribble around in circles. No one to pass to.

im not putting it all on kirk

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Refs also missed a very obvious foul call.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Noah didn't elevate his game till after Deng was traded. regardless of what eh said, it does not really fit what actually happened. There is no evidence to support that DJ added 11 wins to the Bulls. I can see saying 5-7 wins.

We can agree to disagree. If you want to say DJ added 11+ wins to the Bulls go ahead.

Bottom line. Noah is the heart and the soul of the Bulls and is the DPOY. He was pissed when they traded Deng but his heart didn't give up. He will get quite a few MVP votes. As for Augustin, without him, the Bulls maybe are the 8th seed. That is the genius of Thibs and company who have resurrected the careers of many a cast-off guard and who have made low draft picks prosper.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kirk is what he is, good and bad. He just isn't a point guard. He drives me nuts when he dribbles the ball around the perimeter.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Teauge :shifty:

Snell :shifty:

Sure but then there are Gibson, Asik, Butler, along with several guys they resurrected the careers of like Augustin and Robinson:)

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Sure but then there are Gibson, Asik, Butler, along with several guys they resurrected the careers of like Augustin and Robinson:)

Nate had a good year with GS the year prior....he just got more attention with the Bulls

he def revived DJ's....he was almost out of the league

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only thing that keeps this team interesting, during Rose's perennial injuries, is that they refuse to tank.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I can't stand people that want their team to tank, go root for some other team. Geez, have you ever played a sport?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Talking about tanking. We already know of one ref who threw bb games and that guy implicated several others which the league(Stern) whitewashed conveniently. Where is this same league morally justified in allowing a team(s) to tank? This same league that nixed a trade to the Lakers of Chris Paul in the "best interests of basketball" and gave this great player to a racist owner of the Clippers. Wonder how that happened? I hate the Lakers but what the Stein did was bull-shit. Personally I think that the NBA is pretty corrupt. I've bet on sports games a bit and will not bet on NBA games for this reason.

So......... who in your judgement intentionally tanked basketball games this year to get into the lottery? Who made the decision and was it a direct order or tacitly approved(wink, wink)

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Talking about tanking. We already know of one ref who threw bb games and that guy implicated several others which the league(Stern) whitewashed conveniently. Where is this same league morally justified in allowing a team(s) to tank? This same league that nixed a trade to the Lakers of Chris Paul in the "best interests of basketball" and gave this great player to a racist owner of the Clippers. Wonder how that happened? I hate the Lakers but what the Stein did was bull-shit. Personally I think that the NBA is pretty corrupt. I've bet on sports games a bit and will not bet on NBA games for this reason.

So......... who in your judgement intentionally tanked basketball games this year to get into the lottery? Who made the decision and was it a direct order or tacitly approved(wink, wink)

Philadelphia

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Milwaukee as well