We Should Have Tanked

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
What was worth not tanking is the respect earned to potential free agents *cough Melo cough*. Now if we don't get any big time free agents and lose out on a potential all star in this years draft, then yes, tanking would have been the answer. But, hindsight is 20 20.

Hoodey

Liked Posts:
Not defensive. Just tired of ad nausea subjects. Here's what I said the last time it was asked.

So explain the spurs the year before Duncan was drafted as it relates to oh... All your points?

Hoodey

Liked Posts:
Not defensive. Just tired of ad nausea subjects. Here's what I said the last time it was asked.

Oh wait that's right the spurs didn't need some mega free agent savior... They were busy getting Manu ginobili and tony Parker for nothing!!

They didn't need Jesus part deux anthony or messiah love ... Both of whom aren't good enough anyway...

Know the last two free agents who just delivered rings?

Lebron
Shaq

Hoodey

Liked Posts:

WIth the lottery anything is possible if you're at least 9th worst (I dont say that just because of Rose, its happened before from that spot too).

Without DJ Augustin the Bulls possibly break NBA records for the worst offense ever.

In any case, I don't feel there are any Melo talks period if we tank. That means we enter the develop a rookie stage while instead we can be instant contenders... if Melo does sign here. Of course thats moot if he does not.

Mello doesn't make us a contender

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The only way the Bulls could have tanked this year was to fire Tom Thibodeau. Hell, he could've coached the Bucks' roster to 30 wins this season.

So, no, you are wrong. Firing Tom Thibodeau would not have been worth a (possible) high draft pick.

Hi! Welcome to chicitysports! We've got a great group of posters here, hopefully you can call this your favorite spot for Chicago talk! Go bulls!

Sent from my phone...in my pocket...with my mind.

Hoodey

Liked Posts:

I don't think the Bulls are as talented as some think. Matter of fact, lack of talent explains why they are down in this series. The Bulls beat a more talented team last year in the playoffs...but what constitutes a great regular season team isn't the same for the playoffs. Fact is, the Bulls are near the bottom of all the playoff teams when it comes to actual talent.

If the Bulls were contenders in 2011 with Deng as the second best player on the team...they would be in 2014 with Carmelo or Rose being the second best player on the team.

We weren't contenders in 2011 in any meaningful way. They lost 4-1 and you can say "the games were close"... NBA playoff games are close! The 92 Cavs were never going to beat the bulls and their were close games in that series...

Last years ECF was as close as bulls fans WISH the 2011 ECF was

Hoodey

Liked Posts:
And what's your logic for that?

If I give it to to you and it holds water will you begin to consider views other than dogmatic insistence that pax has the patent to the "right way"

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If I give it to to you and it holds water will you begin to consider views other than dogmatic insistence that pax has the patent to the "right way"
I'm not an all wordly Paxson believer. I also don't think he's the worst GM ever. He's a good GM with a fault.

I'm just wondering why you think Carmelo wouldn't make the Bulls instant contenders.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mello doesn't make us a contender

Melo
Rose
Noah
Gibson
Butler

That starting line-up isn't a contender? Three all-stars and four great defenders are not a contender? Come-on. Give me a break:)

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
That lineup is big time. Jimmy Butler guards the opponents best wing player on the opposing team so Melo doesn't have to while Noah and Gibson lockdown the paint and get boards all day.

Melo and Rose go to work on the offensive side of the ball while Noah and Gibson cleanup the offensive boards.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That lineup is big time. Jimmy Butler guards the opponents best wing player on the opposing team so Melo doesn't have to while Noah and Gibson lockdown the paint and get boards all day.

Melo and Rose go to work on the offensive side of the ball while Noah and Gibson cleanup the offensive boards.

Sure it is. Then you have a bench(my preference) of Stauskus, Saric, Mirotic, 2nd round pick(C), and a point guard to be named later.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Rose-Stauskas-Melo-Nikoa :fap:

s0Lstar18

Liked Posts:
Oh wait that's right the spurs didn't need some mega free agent savior... They were busy getting Manu ginobili and tony Parker for nothing!!

It kind of helps when you have one of the greatest PF ever

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
and when your international scouts are geniuses

manu went 53rd in the draft...53rd! parker was like 17th or something (hey we're picking around that range) which is commonly a spot where a player maybe becomes a role player at best. so yeah, they didn't need a savior because they drafted their team

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
we shoulda traded Noah for LMA

hes averaging 35-11 in the playoffs

:derbulls:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we shoulda traded Noah for LMA

hes averaging 35-11 in the playoffs

:derbulls:

No for real though depending on the deal. Straight up there is no question. He is more talented and much bigger with more offense. I know Thibs would have balked, and Noah is the dream Thibs work horse that perfects the defense and works harder to overcome problems, but we should have.

Once Rose was injured we should have amnestied Boozer and upper management should have put a minimum minutes played on Snell, Murphy, and maximum minutes around 35 for Butler, 30 for Noah, 30 for Gibson

notice I didn't say tank....you still play to win. I just set jetison Boozer early, ditch veteran minutes for developing youth and play games with the future in mind. Develop the back end.....but no Thibs has to not only do that but run our guys into the ground and shorten their careers and their best years.

Butler used to be able to run and jump, not much longer.

Hoodey

Liked Posts:

But how did they GET Duncan? They had an injured David Robinson so they went into the outhouse instead of trying to be regular season "likes to fight" guy. And ginobili and Parker, Duncan or not are still way better players than anything Paxson has produced. If you saw the 03 WCSF you know that... Ginobili finishing on Shaq over and over had zilch to do with Duncan ...

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Melo
Rose
Noah
Gibson
Butler

That starting line-up isn't a contender? Three all-stars and four great defenders are not a contender? Come-on. Give me a break:)

If the bulls sign melo then they'd have to get rid of Butler and Gibson. And probably wouldn't have enough cap space to bring over Mirotic outside of the MLE.