We Should Have Tanked

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kobe Bryant was making about $30 million, so obviously there are ways around what is truly a "max" contract. Sign and trades or resigning with your original team factor greatly into how much the players really sign for. Regardless, Boozer got way more money than he should have got no matter how you wanna chop it up. Paxson has a history of overpaying for players.

If you are gonna overpay someone they damn well better bring your team a championship otherwise you deserve to be fired. The only reason Paxson wasn't fired after what happened with Ben Wallace is because he got lucky and Rose saved him.

I do agree with you about Paxson and that is why I believe that they hired Gar. Looking back on it, Paxson did fuck things up in the Skiles era.He gave
Skiles some real dogs to work with and then backed these same dogs against Skiles. That really sucked and the Bulls looked to me that they were
going into a death spiral. It really was a bad team to watch.

ginny

Liked Posts:
I would settle for this: and like our chances.
Amnesty Boozer, sign Mirotic and Mello.

Rose / Augustin
Butler / FA-Draft Pick
Mello / Dunleavy
Gibson / Mirotic
Noah / ?

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I do agree with you about Paxson and that is why I believe that they hired Gar. Looking back on it, Paxson did fuck things up in the Skiles era.He gave
Skiles some real dogs to work with and then backed these same dogs against Skiles. That really sucked and the Bulls looked to me that they were
going into a death spiral. It really was a bad team to watch.
Man, I started hating Paxson during that time and wanted him gone. He's gotten better but as far as I'm concerned if he fails to make a major move again this offseason its time to move on.

Rose / Augustin
Butler / FA-Draft Pick
Mello / Dunleavy
Gibson / Mirotic
Noah / ?
Melo made $21M last year and could make $23M if he stays put in NY for the year. He may take a slight paycut but he's not coming here for the exact $16.8M that Boozer would have got. The Bulls will have to create some more cap space and they will need the Knicks or another team to help them do so. Your idea of keeping Taj, MJD, Butler and still getting Carmelo is basically impossible.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Man, I started hating Paxson during that time and wanted him gone. He's gotten better but as far as I'm concerned if he fails to make a major move again this offseason its time to move on.

Melo made $21M last year and could make $23M if he stays put in NY for the year. He may take a slight paycut but he's not coming here for the exact $16.8M that Boozer would have got. The Bulls will have to create some more cap space and they will need the Knicks or another team to help them do so. Your idea of keeping Taj, MJD, Butler and still getting Carmelo is basically impossible.

I believe that he will accept what they are paying Rose. That will enable them also to sign Mirotic.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Rose / Augustin
Butler / FA-Draft Pick
Mello / Dunleavy
Gibson / Mirotic
Noah / ?
I'm not sure how signing Mirotic and Melo is "settling"

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
If we would have tanked when I suggested in the OP, this franchise would be in a much better place.