Clint Hurtt will want Calvin Pryor

maxdosres23

Liked Posts:
There is one thing that everyone doesn't know and thats how our new D-line coach was at The University Of Louisville last year and was their primary recruiter the last 4 years. He focused on Florida which is where Pryor is from. That class had DeVante Parker, Teddy Bridgewater, Calvin Pryor, Lorenzo Mauldin, and Eli Rodgers. Hurtt was named the Recruiter of the year that year... He knows what Pryor can do first hand. Also look the bears to pick up Cards Defensive End Marcus Smith later in the draft too..

vizi0n

Liked Posts:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Celks

Liked Posts:
There is one thing that everyone doesn't know and thats how our new D-line coach was at The University Of Louisville last year and was their primary recruiter the last 4 years. He focused on Florida which is where Pryor is from. That class had DeVante Parker, Teddy Bridgewater, Calvin Pryor, Lorenzo Mauldin, and Eli Rodgers. Hurtt was named the Recruiter of the year that year... He knows what Pryor can do first hand. Also look the bears to pick up Cards Defensive End Marcus Smith later in the draft too..

Did you sign up just to post this???

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:

skybum

Liked Posts:
I bet GMs draft because the new D-line coach likes a guy.

I think thats how Jerry did it. Luckily, we have Emery now, and he doesn't seem as concerned with making the coaches happy as he does with going BPA.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yeah, I 'm sold. Pryor is getting drafted because of this shocking revelation. smh

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agree with above statements.

Not sure how much weight a new hire at ASSISTANT DL coach has.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
*dons white knight suit for the new kid*

You know he never says we will draft him....just that the coach will want him here.

That said...Coach Hurtt already has his work cut out for him and I pray he is far more focused on giving this team a respectable line over still playing recruiter for his former employer.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i'm sure he'll have some input, why wouldn't you use that asset to study the players? doesn't mean pryor is 100% ours, just we might get some additional information. and actually, i could really see us taking pryor at #14 with Donald, HHCD, and Gilbert gone.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Drafting a DB because the new DL coach recruited him in high school, sounds likely. Next thing you know, Emery will be drafting a kid because of his pool jumping skills.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If we are interested in Pryor it is nice to have someone on our staff with first hand knowledge of his work habits and behind the scenes traits.

Celks

Liked Posts:
If we are interested in Pryor it is nice to have someone on our staff with first hand knowledge of his work habits and behind the scenes traits.

Don't you think the coaches in the war room will already know about his work habits and behind the scene traits if they plan on drafting him? Don't think Hurtt makes a huge influence on Pryor at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Don't you think the coaches in the war room will already know about his work habits and behind the scene traits if they plan on drafting him? Don't think Hurtt makes a huge influence on Pryor at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never said it would make a HUGE influence. But wouldn't you rather have it straight from someone who was there versus second hand knowledge? Simple common sense really.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm actually hoping they grab that P.Brown kid later in the draft to play some MLB unless we draft a MLB earlier in the draft.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I personally believe Emery will draft who he wants but it does not hurt, when gathering information, to have a direct source, such as Pryor's recruiter. Im sure Hurtt likes Pryor and all but as a D-Line coach I have a feeling he'd rather see Emery draft someone who you know plays on the D-Line.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Apparently he is an impressive kid and a hard worker.

He has been praised by multiple coaches for being a leader on the field and in the locker room.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
You guys are being pretty ignorant. First of all, the Bears have clearly shown interest in Pryor. They've publicly talked about getting tougher and more intimidating at S, which fits Pryor perfectly. Secondly, Pryor and Hurtt actually have a very strong relationship and stayed close after the recruitment. They've talked several times since Hurtt got hired by the Bears according to Pryor. The fact that he's a DL coach isn't really relevant.

As for Marcus Smith, he's one of my favorite players in this draft, but he's not going to be a Bear. He's a 2nd round pick, and the Bears won't be going DE that early.